• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • I'll make a league for PokéCommunity on the official site.

To join you'll have to register on http://fantasy.premierleague.com and then select a team.

PS. I made a classic league. The league code is 885334-439544
    If there's enough entries, I might make a head-to-head league as well.

There you go Amore.

Willian could make them PL champions at the end of the year though. These types of transfers haven't been regularly made in the past by Spurs.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yeah. Either Daniel Levy's letting them spend money they already had, or they basically have to sell Bale to afford all of this xD

EDIT: Got joined! Had to decide between Mata and RVP - they're both so expensive. Went for Mata - he's mr consistent, RVP occasionally goes a game without scoring xD. May regret that.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Eh, so it looks like it will be Johan Elmander.

A season long loan. At the age of 32 I think that is a pretty sensible move, he certainly offers something different for us. v.Wolfswinkel/Hooper/Elmander/Becchio should be a massive step up in class to the Holt/Jackson/Martin/Kane/Morison strikeforce that started last season.

Hoping for another 2 signings, a central defender and an attacking midfielder, although even if they don't happen I think Norwich are in for a good season.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind if Norwich tossed Becchio our way now you have another striker. I never really liked Elmander when he was at Bolton, but I don't think he'll get much time on the pitch anyway.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I didn't watch a lot of him at Bolton but I can't imagine their style of play at the time did his game any good. You're right though, he probably will be some what a bit part player.

As for Becchio, I really hope he gets and takes his chance in the first team. Getting ahead of RvW and Gary Hooper in a side which uses 1 forward sure sounds tough though. Maybe if he puts 10 past Bury on the cup next Tuesday he'll get some time against Saints the weekend after. I kinda think he'll end up back at Leeds, of course I'd rather he went to Boro.

Same old officiating in the Chelsea game. Helped my fantasy team though.

Years
  • Arsenal are making more attempts at a big money signing. Interest declared in Benzema and Di Maria. Very odd if either come off really. This could certainly push any Bale negotiation up to a higher value.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Benzema is certainly a player I've wanted to see play in England, hope it comes off for them. Well, I'd rather he went somewhere that wasn't Arsenal but you know what I mean.

Years
  • I remember he was linked with United around the time he moved to Madrid, perhaps a shame for England that Madrid got him in the end. That said Benzema hasn't had a perfect time in Spain so maybe he won't play to the level we expect.

I'd just be glad to see Wenger give in and finally spend some money rather than persist with his idiotic transfer policy. I don't like Arsenal, but I have a feeling I'd like them a lot more if they didn't let Wenger keep them from progressing all the time.

Edit: Actually come to think of it I'm sure United wanted Di Maria when Madrid signed him too. Poor United. :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Indeed it is always a sad day when United miss out on players.

To be fair, even if he doesn't spend a lot I'm sure Spurs would choke and give them 4th anyway.

Years
  • I think Spurs are destined for greater things this season and Arsene has just realised it himself. Either that or this whole story won't go through like the rest of Arsenal's targets and it'll take until Arsenal finish 5th for Wenger to realise he should've spent money.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I just can't see it, even with these big transfers. Would rather see them in the top 4 than any of the current holders so I'll be hoping they prove me wring.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Seems I was right about him moving on. Only David Fox left if it happens, anyone want a decent ball playing midfielder?

Whilst he was never a regular he showed glimpses of why Lambert got him in. Decent positionally, comfortable on the ball and doesn't lose too often in the air. If he steers clear of injury I think you could have quite a player on your hands.

If it goes through I'd imagine Norwich have a new Bassong/Turner level signing almost completed. Should be a good end to the transfer window.

Years
  • That's very good to hear, we'll need him when Woodgate inevitably gets injured.

Meanwhile the McCormack saga continues, I hope it ends with him in a Boro shirt. Him and ayala would make me quite positive for once.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • If McCormack is the Leeds guy then that would be a pretty great signing. I had a mate in high school that could have been his twin.

Seems Elliott Bennett picked up a pretty nasty injury last weekend. Out for 6 to 9 months. Really sad considering how good his pre season has been, how much sharper and more confident he looked in the Everton game and generally how much of a nice guy he comes across as. From a footballing point of view I wonder if that means another signing will be made, or perhaps Elmander will be used as the 4th choice winger. We have the twins in the development squad but I can't see Hughton putting them in in a Premier League game, at lest until safety is ensured.

Years
  • It is indeed the Leeds guy, we've had 3 bids rejected and one supposedly accepted. Not sure what's happening now.

That's a shame for Bennett, I like him because of football manager experiences. :p

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Eh, I thought Norwich would have moved past that kind of performance. Oh well.

In other news, my fantasy Championship team are tearing it up, despite the fact I only picked ex Norwich players.

YXsyp2T.png

Back