• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 1 OU Team

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
K so I've been playing on NBS (working version of NetBattle for anyone who didn't know) and I decided to try RBY mode (with Tradebacks because who wouldn't trade back in reality?) Anywho, its actually suprisingly fun. Unfortunately I don't know alot of big threats in RBY. So with that said anyone who does know, please halp.

greenspr065.png

Alakazam
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Psychic
-Recover

Alakazam has been told to me to be a reliable lead in RBY and its actually suprisingly good (O Dark-Type, how I hateth thee). Thunder Wave whatever is also named Alakazam or faster, Psychic on Gengar, Recover when low on health, and S-Toss everything else. Frail, fast, and strong, everything you need in RBY.

greenspr124.png

Jynx
-Lovely Kiss
-Blizzard
-Psychic
-Mimic

Jynx is actually a huge threat in RBY. Its fast and has a super reliable sleep move Lovely Kiss. For those of you who don't know, or forgot, in RBY when you wake up from sleep, you do not attack, so Jynx can keep one pokemon alseep forever late game.

greenspr113.png

Chansey
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave

Chansey was the best special wall in the game back in the day, and not much changed except it got an evo. General strategy: T-Wave whats faster, Thunderbolt stuff named Gengar, and S-Toss everything else. Pretty straight forward and reliable.

greenspr053.png

Persian
-Bubblebeam
-Slash
-Blizzard
-Hyper Beam

Persian is one of the, if not the, best late game sweeper in RBY. Practically nothing resists this set. Sosogood. Bubblebeam gets rid of Rock-Types and Ghost-Types (who should have been taken out earlier). Hyper Beam OHKO's Chansey after some other damage, Slash for non-recharge STAB. Blizzard for Flying-types I guess.

greenspr128.png

Tauros
-Earthquake
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Blizzard

Tauros is great. Due to Gengar and Weezing not having Levitate, they are hit by EQ. Body Slam/Hyper Beam are tere for STAB as well as the former giving me a chance for para. Blizzard is there for strong Flying-Types and Grass-Types. Pretty strong pokemon overall able to take out alot of threats.

greenspr145.png

Zapdos
-Thunderbolt
-Agility
-Thunder Wave
-Drill Peck

Zappy! Good even back then. Thunderbolt other Zapados and faster stuff that may poop on me. Drill Peck prevents special walls from totally walling me. Agility is there to bypass para I may get.

K so there is my short RBY OU RMT. The team will be used in future #stark cups and maybe even retro tours if we have any. I'm looking for help identifying my weaknesses as well as help with any pokemon that may benefit me.

Stuff that wrecks me so far:
-Sub Rhydon tears through me late game if it gets a sub up, which it usually does.
-I feel like I have too much Para and I should put Toxic on something, I was thinking maybe putting it on Zapdos, good idea? Bad?

Thanks to all who read this and made useful comments.

I hope this gets some ideas because RBY is actually kinda fun except the sleep thing is really B.S.

Also, sorry for the unappealing layout, I couldn't be arsed with it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Zam is a pretty ass lead. Sleeper leads are common (Exeggutor and Jynx) and you cant do anything to either of them lol...

Next, Tauros decimates your whole team. Find a slot for someone like Slowbro (Tobybro), Starmie (T-Wave), Cloyster (immense def) or Articuno (Immense def) or Golem etc to counter/check it >> Persian or Zappy.

S-Toss sucks on Chansey, use Ice Beam it has base 105 special. No need to be using S-Toss because it lets Rhydon set up all over you, other rocks and grounds and grassers too.

Speaking of Exeggutor, put him in here over Jynx, Persian or Zappy imo to counter your Rhydon weak. Starmie and other faster waters/grassers are good for dealing with Don Too.

EDIT :

And btw, just so you know back in RBY S-Toss hit Gengar.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Alrighty then. I'll do that. Wow, RBY was so bad, S-Toss hits gengar lol. I tried Tobybro but it was setup bait for Rhydon. I think I'll try Cloyster. Seems like a pretty strong pokemon.

I think I'll drop Zappy for Eggy since it really isn't doing anything for me. Except dying.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Alrighty then. I'll do that. Wow, RBY was so bad, S-Toss hits gengar lol. I tried Tobybro but it was setup bait for Rhydon. I think I'll try Cloyster. Seems like a pretty strong pokemon.

I think I'll drop Zappy for Eggy since it really isn't doing anything for me. Except dying.

Wait, how is a pokemon with Surf (Tobybro) set up bait for Rhydon. O_o

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Rhydon usually gets a sub up THEN i bring in Tobybro...and it dies. Rhydon is strongth.

Back