• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First attempt at an OU team

Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Okay as the title suggest this is my first team. So this may not be the best...

All Constructive criticism is welcome

I Will also fix this as i go with good suggestions.

1. Swampert, Relaxed @ Leftovers
    EV 252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4ATK
    Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, Roar, Earthquake

2. Togekiss, Modest @ Lum Berry
    EV 252 DEF/ 252 SpDEF/ 152 SpATK
    Air Slash, Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere, Roost

3. Gengar, Timid @ Life Orb
    EV 6 DEF/ 252 SpATK/ 252 SPD
    Substitute, Shadow Ball, Pain Split, Focus Blast

4. Tyranitar, Careful @ Choice Band
    EV 196 HP/ 100ATK/ 214 SpDEF
    Aqua Tail, Crunch, Pursuit, Stone Edge

5. Forretress, Relaxed @ Leftovers
    EV 252 HP/ 112ATK/ 146 DEF
    Explosion, Payback, Rapic Spin, Spikes

6. Blissy, Calm @ Leftovers
    EV 252 SpDEF/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPD
    Wish, Softboild, Thunder Wave, Seismic toss

Last edited:
    Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Swamperts really good
    Togekiss Pretty good
    Are you going for a bulky Gengar?
    Tyranitar pretty good
    Forretress pretty good
    Blissey Ok
    I hope my advice is useful to you and don't really have any suggestions for you unfortanely

Not sure for gengar, i use to have an Ape lead, but i put swamp first and put gengar in

Why have lum berry on togekiss? I know you don't want to be paralyzed but the EVs on the togekiss doesn't seem like it can outspeed many things

And Blissey, having both wish and softboil seems rather redundant so switch one of the two out for toxic for double status. But another move might be better.

I got the idea from smog, And the move set for bliss was suggested to me. I use to have a sleep talk combo..

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh boy, yet another team that has a major Infernape weakness!

But let's fix up some EV issues here:

TOGEKISS
    Why does it have illegal EVs? I'm sure you know that Pokemon can't have more than 510 EVs total.

TYRANITAR
    What's up with the random EVs? They don't even make sense. If you want to use an offensive Tyranitar, use an offensive EV spread. If you want to use a defensive Tyranitar, use a defensive moveset. Don't mix the two together.

BLISSEY
    That Blissey EV spread would work better in Ubers since there are more Special threats than physical threats. In OU, it's the other way around so you need 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef.

So yeah, Infernape weak. You also happen to be Breloom weak. I'd never thought I'd say that, but it's true, Breloom outspeeds most of your team and can set up quite easily. Same thing goes for DD Gyarados with Taunt since you have a bunch of non-damaging moves, but no Electric moves. Oh, and if Swampert takes more than a little bit of damage, Lucario will also give you problems.

Togekiss has to go. There's no real purpose for it to be here. It's too slow to sweep, gets walled by Zapdos/Rotom and doesn't provide you with any good type coverage.

Replace Togekiss with Starmie:

Starmie @Leftovers
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spd

-Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover

Starmie counters Infernape and handles non-Life Orb Gyarados pretty well.

Since, Starmie is your new Rapid Spinner, Forretress doesn't need it anymore. In fact, you don't even need Forretress anymore. Replace it with Rest Talk Zapdos.

Zapdos @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd

-Thunderbolt
    -Heat Wave
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Zapdos solves your Breloom issue, it also handles Lucario quite nicely. It even gives you a Scizor counter because you don't actually have one yet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Hey thank you for the great advice. I was sorta hoping you would post. I've seen your post around PC and they seem very helpful

Now the Kiss had a typo, The bliss, and TTar were actually suggestions, that now i'm regretting i took. I'm going to test out these changes you suggested for me

Again thank you very much for the advice

Last edited:
    Back