• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Call of the Lavender Ghost

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2013
    Hi guys! So last week I started playing yellow. And I have recently got to Lavender town, and even though I played the game as a kid, I have read one too many creepy pastas about Lavender town to scare me. So what do I do? I write a story about Lavender town! basically its if the people could hear the music and the reason behind it. It was just a quick story I though of this morning and wrote in about an hour, so it's not that good. But here it is.

Have you ever wondered why Lavender Town is so small? You don't need a big town for a small population, well a living one anyway. There are few aldults in Lavender, most people leave when they have the chance, others don't get the chance. The calls of the ghosts of Lavender? Just a rumor? Right? I wish it was a rumor, but the children of Lavender hear it. It's not what you would expect, you would think voices. It's the tune, creepy, catchy, and you hear it till your 16 apparently. Although when your 10 and can get your first pokemon, you can drown the sound out. But as Lavender is small, there isn't much to do, you sit at home all day. No matter how much you try to ignore it, the tune gets louder. But you think one day, I will leave it should stop. Every adult knows about it, the calls. And the day will come
    when you ask questions, I remember;
    "You hear it too, don't you mummy?" You will ask completely innocent, you grew up with the call. You're not scared, just curious.
    "Hear what?" your mum will reply, she's worried. You have noticed it.
    "The song, I always hear it, it goes like this..." You then hum the tune. Your mum will try to hide her worry, she recognized it. No one forgets the call.
    "No, your just imagine it honey. Now go play ok" You stop asking questions, but it doesn't stop you talking. Your not the only child in Lavender, you're not the only one who can hear it. Then sometimes, in groups or alone. Go to where the tune comes from. By your own will, or a dare. Have you ever heard? Children go missing a lot in Lavender. Last seen? Near the pokemon tower, or just watching the tower. In the tower the call is different, and now it's louder, the high frequency becomes painful. Your ears are ringing, the tune gets louder. No one is there to hear your cry's, you will go at night, you never go in the day. You try to run to the door, you want to escape. You just fall on to the floor, screaming, you cover your ears.
    "MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP! HELP! PLEASE, I CANT TAKE IT" The tune goes on, the ringing continues. Then you hear something else.
    "I can, if you want... Just follow me... I can end it all" You drag yourself up, it's hard to walk, you see black dots in your vision. Yet you drag yourself up the tower, you forget the door is there. You get to the top, there is no one there, you fall to the floor, trying to scream. But now breathing is a task the air is not normal here. Tears fall down your cheeks, the call, it's too painful. Then out of nowhere you see it, the shadow. It's red eyes like daggers, it has no mouth but you hear it speak, the voice from before.
    "You came? I'm so glad, I like new company... I can stop the noise, just stay. Stay with me" You may edge forward, although you usaully edge back. You want to go home. But if you step back the voice speaks again. "Leaving? But why? You just came? Well I'm sorry I can't let you leave" then for the first time in your life, silence. Then black, and the next thing you feel light, your floating. You look at your hands there do faint, you look over Lavender. You see your mum, it's dawn. She is just waking up. She finds your empty bed and screams, she knows. And you can only watch as she weeps, the children knew you went in there. There scared but you can do nothing as you see them enter the tower in the moonlight. How do I know this? I live in Lavender, I left at 10. Got my pokemon, beat the elite 4 and came home, I was 13. I came home, first time in 3 years, my mum was overjoyed. For 3 years the call it was quiet. But I was in Lavender for a week and I heard it loud and clear. I wish I listened to my umbreon, he never wanted to enter the tower. The high frequncies hit him first if I took the warning I would have escaped. The voice spared him, but stayed by my lifeless side. Till he became like me, I watched as my mother cried, she just got me back and I watch child of child fall into the traps, and the motherscrying. The Call of the Lavender Ghost is fatal, it's not a myth. If you ever come to Lavender, if you come to the tower during the day. If you are paying respects topokemon spirits and feel a chill, or something on your shoulder, something brush past your ankles. It's ok me and Umbreon like to say hello.

So there it is. Well I would like your opinions and I'm thinking of developing it as a full story. But yeah hope you liked it :D

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I really like the idea, to be honest. If I'm not mistaken, you're taking the rumored Lavender Town Syndrome creepypasta and incorporating it into the Pokemon world itself. I love it! I understand you hastily wrote this, so it's not the best, but if you're gonna make a full story, a little better grammar would work. However, if you want to make a full story, go for it, I'd love to read it.

If I may make some suggestions for the full story, perhaps the main character should be some kind of detective poking around Lavender Town to uncover the mystery of the missing children, and he/she eventually find out about the ghost. Whatever you decide to make it about, I'd love to read it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2013
    Yeah, did get the idea from the creepy pasta. And thanks for the idea :D yeah I basically i was just on my laptop and typed it up then I liked the idea (: I will proberly write a full story out of it :D

Back