• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you love your job?

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
  • It certainly has it's ups and downs. My team at work is amazing so there's never any drama and we all get along, so I always have fun working with them and it definitely makes the day easier. I work a tourist location so it's often busy, especially on the weekends. It gets pretty wild and I'm never without tasks to do.
    Do I love it? Maybe... I wouldn't say love, but I definitely look forward to going to work because all sorts of fun and interesting stuff happens.

Years
  • I don't quite love my job, but I don't downright hate it either. It's my very first job, and it started out pretty rough. I applied as a part-timer, but because we were short-handed I was scheduled as a full-time employee pretty much, working 5-6 days a week from 2pm to 11pm or midnight for several months. Also a couple of the managers/shift leaders are lazy or just plain weird/rude and at one point even almost got me into trouble for tampering with my register. Thankfully we have enough people now, so my schedule is more sane. I work at a popular doughnut shop, and I can honestly say that at least I genuinely love the products I sell.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i do not have a job , not yet unfortunately
    but i do work as an intern on a farm

it is ok... not great... at least i get paid some money finally for hard work
    T_T

i don't love it there, that is for sure

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I do not work and have no prospects of doing so in the future unless something special happens. But honestly, I don't really have them mental stability for a job. I am... very erratic.

That being said, I spend most of my time working on art. My fiance considers this like a job, especially since I sometimes take commissions. Because I have more of a choice of what to do with my free time, I do like it. But it can get very stressful when my brain kicks me in the face and tells me I suck. Rather than having to struggle with co-workers, I have to struggle with myself. Sometimes, I think that's worse. But it's for the best. I am appreciative that I have people who work hard to allow me to do this, rather than having a mental breakdown every few weeks as I get paid next to nothing.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • My job involves long hours with no overtime pay, insecure contracts, lots of wasted time and frustration, minimal pay until you get to a very high level, massive requirements in terms of qualifications, lack of credit and understanding from the public, and high skill requirement coupled with being outright difficult.

Fortunately, I love every second of it. If I didn't it'd be hell on earth.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I do like my job when I'm left to my own devices. I know exactly what needs to be done every day, and if I can just come in and work to get it all done, then I'm happy. It's when my coworkers become needy and ask me for simple things (that they can do themselves) that I get annoyed and think about quitting.

Otherwise, I stay at my job because I do like my coworkers. A lot of them I count as friends, and I would miss them when I will leave the company.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I guess I must love something about it, as I literally gave up a career and actively ignore my degree just to be working there... not to mention a hefty cut in pay.

There's definitely something to be said about the people and the atmosphere you work in. If it weren't for my coworkers, my job would be horrendous. We get constantly yelled at for things that aren't even remotely in our control, and our upper management has no idea how a pharmacy works, let alone the laws that govern its practice; obviously frustrating. I absolutely love my coworkers, and I love training new associates too. I wish I could get into corporate and work as a pharmacy educator, but the job is very elusive. ]:

My last attempt at using my degree and creating a career was disastrous, and it was almost completely due to the people I worked with. It makes a difference.

Years
  • I wouldn't say that I love my job, but I do enjoy it. I work at a sort of bakery cafe either working a register or cleaning dishes. Two out of my three managers are pretty cool (although I swear one of them needs mental help), and most of the employees are fun to work with as well.

I don't think that whether you love your job depends on if you are working your dream job or not. Sure, a lot of jobs really do suck, but I think that the thing which makes jobs more enjoyable is the people that you work with. I've worked crappy jobs with fun people, and fun jobs with not so fun people. I would rather work with fun people.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I currently work as a manager of a restaurant near where I live (though, technically, i'm only acting manager at the minute).

It has its ups and downs; I like the staff management side of things, and honestly, the job itself isn't all bad. It can get very stressful, as I would imagine being a manager of any business would be, but I think the pros just about outweigh the cons.

All things considered, i'd say I enjoy my job.

Years
  • I hate my job. I work in retail at a pet store. Pay sucks and hours are long. Plus, the customers can range from incredibly nice to downright rude. Might quit soon tbh.

I love my other 'job' though. It's temporary, only until May. I work in NYC for an Award Show that airs in May. The pay there is better and I love the people I work with. It's only twice a week though, but it is in the field I want a career in so that's a plus.

Back