• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FORK the final boss of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    OBVIOUS FRICKIN' SPOILERS I GUESS

Spoiler:

I'm tilting, so I'm stopping playing until tomorrow. I loved all of this game, all the boss fights were great but this one seems like a stupid spike in difficulty, and really unfair. I get that it's the final boss but it's a little bit harder than the game's curve would have you think. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to being babied by games.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    STANDING HERE
    I REALIZE
    YOU WERE JUST LIKE ME
    TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

BUT WHO'S TO JUDGE
    THE RIGHT FROM WRONG
    WHEN OUR GUARD IS DOWN
    I THINK WE'LL BOTH AGREE

THAT VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE
    BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY

He's honestly the easiest boss in the game once you figure out how to beat him. That's the challenge there. The DLC fight with him is way more ridiculous.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    STANDING HERE
    I REALIZE
    YOU WERE JUST LIKE ME
    TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

BUT WHO'S TO JUDGE
    THE RIGHT FROM WRONG
    WHEN OUR GUARD IS DOWN
    I THINK WE'LL BOTH AGREE

THAT VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE
    BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY

He's honestly the easiest boss in the game once you figure out how to beat him. That's the challenge there. The DLC fight with him is way more ridiculous.

OK so I finally beat him. I had like a 1hr 30m break and came back ready with caffeine in my system. I rekt him. Also I got super lucky with the blade mode sections. Anyhow, I'd still not call him the easiest, since he's more tedious than even Mistral and her god dammed endless little fuckers. Seriously, my arms hurt so much after the fight with her from spamming LS right and left. Monsoon was easily my favourite fight.

Spoiler:

I'm yet to try the DLC. I'll give it a go another time I think.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I had trouble initially too but I managed to get him quite easily the second time around. Don't remember the details, though. XD; I found the swordsman guy to be a little tougher than this guy. :p

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I had trouble initially too but I managed to get him quite easily the second time around. Don't remember the details, though. XD; I found the swordsman guy to be a little tougher than this guy. :p

Everyone I've spoken to said Jetstream Sam was harder. I beat him pretty easily in like 3 or 4 goes. Idk why the final boss was that much harder for me.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'll have to play the game again to find out but I think JetStream Sam fight relied purely upon your skills with blocking and parrying. While the final boss had some sort of a catch to it or something - I'm not sure since I barely remember the game. Might be the reason, y'know?

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I'll have to play the game again to find out but I think JetStream Sam fight relied purely upon your skills with blocking and parrying. While the final boss had some sort of a catch to it or something - I'm not sure since I barely remember the game. Might be the reason, y'know?

Hehe, valid points. Yeah, you're right about Sam's fight requiring a LOT of parrying. A friend of mine beat the game before me and told me the most important thing to focus on was parrying basically, so I was already really good at parrying by that point. The final boss is mostly about your dodging skill and your ability to do a lot of damage in short time. I imagine it wouldn't have been so bad for me if I'd have had a heal or two from the beginning of the fight but they don't give you a single one in the final chapter. If there are any to find then they're hidden away. Which meant I basically just had to pray I could make it to the part where he throws debris at you and you slice it and it drops heals. That's nice and all, but the way the blade mode is used there is different to the entire rest of the game, AND if you fuck it up you take a LOT of damage and miss out on the heals. It's an endurance test, and using stuff I really hadn't focused on learning. My own fault really.

And yes, definitely do go back and play it again, since it's not too long, a whole bunch of fun and pretty challenging at times. Try it on the revengeance difficulty, or play the DLC stuff.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Woahohoh.

Haven't gotten there yet so I can't weigh in, but I am obligated to change the title to something less suggestive but keep the original intent.

Considering this is a game largely about silverware and stabbing into things, I'd imagine this new title will fit the bill.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • OP might be talking about Jetstream Sam, since he hasn't specified, and

Spoiler:

But, I would say the key to pretty much every boss battle in this game is to learn the enemy's attack patterns--they tend to be a bit on the predictable side more often than not, and after some trial and error they get easier.

Also, try getting good at parrying, if you haven't already. It takes proper timing, but makes a huge difference when you know how to do it.

Back