• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

American Horror Story: Freakshow

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • wir sind alle freaks...
    Friends, family, gather 'round: the show is starting soon. American Horror Story: Freakshow, the fourth installment in the American Horror Story series, premiered last Wednesday and it took the world by storm, giving us a variety of characters that society deems "freaks" by virtue of their unique deformities. The stars of the show, under Elsa's (Jessica Lange) caring, accepting hand, include Jimmy Darling (Evan Peters), a man with hands resembling that of crab claws but not lacking in charm, a bearded woman (Kathy Bates), and a strongman (Michael Chiklis) with a three-breasted wife (Angela Bassett). The newest arrival to the tent, twins Bette and Dot (Sarah Paulson), are avoiding a run-in with the law after waking up in the hospital, whilst simultaneously hoping to save Elsa's troupe.

Thoughts on the premier? There is a new episode tonight; what are your expectations? Emma Roberts' character will be getting some limelight tonight, and she was a favorite in the last season, Coven.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I actually stumbled upon an episode for the first time, that episode being one of the Freakshow episodes. And, quite frankly...

Spoiler:

It's so interesting, and I'd love to watch more of it... I'm definitely gonna try to catch this installment's episodes.

Years
  • The first two episode were pretty boring. I love Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange but their characters aren't that interesting this time around, and Evan Peters has always kind of annoyed me. The previews keep on making me want to watch more though so I'll probably end up watching the entire thing, but idk, I think Murder House and Coven were a lot more engaging at the beginning than this is.

e: Oh and I really wanna see Emma Roberts show up, I thought she was gonna be in the second episode but I guess not. :/

Years
  • This is how I rank the seasons so far:

AHS 2 > AHS 1 > AH3

Right now I would place freakshow somewhere between AHS 2 and AHS 1. Though, this has potential to be as good or even better than AHS 2, which is one of the very best season of television ever.

Anyone else get a What Ever Happened to Baby Jane vibe from Jessica Lane's performance? The "fear factor" for this season really hits hard on the fears/anxieties of physical image and social image.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    This is how I rank the seasons so far:

AHS 2 > AHS 1 > AH3

Right now I would place freakshow somewhere between AHS 2 and AHS 1. Though, this has potential to be as good or even better than AHS 2, which is one of the very best season of television ever.

Anyone else get a What Ever Happened to Baby Jane vibe from Jessica Lane's performance? The "fear factor" for this season really hits hard on the fears/anxieties of physical image and social image.

I agree with this entire post.

The only thing in AHS 2 that I didn't like was the inclusion of aliens and Nazism, which both seemed to be unnecessary.

Years
  • I agree with this entire post.

The only thing in AHS 2 that I didn't like was the inclusion of aliens and Nazism, which both seemed to be unnecessary.

Agreed as well. The inclusions were unnecessary, but could have worked...

The alien part was sort of interesting given the inclusion of religious demonic possession. It could have worked better if they made the case that religious entities were aliens or somehow bridged the two as competing forces.

The Nazi part, has religious and alien conspiracy tied to it...but the show didn't really make it clear why that mattered or how it intertwined with the major themes.

Years
  • Asylum was so boring honestly, I could barely make it through the first few episodes before I stopped watching. I think Coven is probs my favourite just because I love the cast and the theme, but it was full of plot holes and definitely got really messy towards the end. Murder House is probably the most well written.

Years
  • I have yet to watch Freakshow, but I definitely will. Even if it isn't good, I'll probably still watch only because I have been since Season One. My favorite season is definitely Season 2, Asylum. It was the most interesting.

I hope Freakshow is good, because I have heard it isn't.

Back