• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have an obsession with a particular fictional character?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
  • As the title states, do you have an obsession, be it healthy or unhealthy, with a particular fictional character? If so, has the obsession spread from the character to the actor/voice actor playing them, or have you managed to contain it to just the character?

I developed a mean obsession with Ygritte from Game of Thrones, which over the course of the past year has spread to her actress Rose Leslie. I've seen everything she's been in (Downton Abbey was horrible in comparison to Game of Thrones, I'm just throwing it out there) and I pretty much have a dedicated tumblr to her. I don't find it unhealthy, though. I don't try and find out where she lives or what shampoo she uses, or anything.Yet >.> <.<

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Tharja is my eternal waifu!

Actually, that's an interesting question. I have a (strangely strong) obsession for Sakura, from the Johto series in the Pokemon anime. Partially because her VA's voice is just... so angelic to me. <3 Kerry Williams has that voice that just makes me melt my thoroughly black heart.

And yes, her character is cute to me. VERY cute. Sometimes, I wish she voiced Louise from Zero no Tsukaima... <3 Louise takes a close second. I suppose I have a thing for pink-haired damsels. ;P

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Andy Dwyer from Parks and Recreation, cause I'm also in really love with his actor, Chris Pratt, right now, if you can't tell. But um, he's just really, really cute and pretty in my opinion. I'm into his type of guy. The bigger , tubbier guy who looks like a big teddy bear. Pretty much what he is. A big teddy bear/puppy. :3 (Though since Chris lost weight for Guardians of the Galaxy, Andy isn't chubby anymore. Doesn't matter though he's still very beautiful.) He's kind of stupid and does dumb thing, yet just really a really lovable guy. He's so adorable. :3 And him and his wife , April are the cutest couple ever.
    But I also like him cause I relate to him a lot. Cause we have very similar personalities. We're both not very smart, and we're both rather lazy and not in shape, but in the end we're both really nice and sweet and lovable. I just really relate to things like this.
    Spoiler:

Honestly if he were real, and not straight, and not married, I'd totally marry him. He could be my husband. XD (Or I could also marry April too and be married to both. If only polygamy was acceptable lol.) I may be a bit too obsessed honestly and probably need help. XD

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Uh...sort of. I latch on to certain types of characters (usually villains) or to certain voice actors...as soon as I find a character voiced by Crispin Freeman or Liam O'Brien, they usually become my instant favourite in the show. I will watch dubbed anime just to hear their lines. I bought FFXIII-2, despite loathing FFXIII, just because Liam O'Brien voiced Caius Ballad. xD

Call it unhealthy if you will; it doesn't really bother me. xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm partially inclined to say Kongō of Kantai Collection, though I'm not sure if a personification of a real thing counts as fictional. I already had separate interests in WWII and Japanese entertainment, so things like KC represent a melding of the two rather than an expansion of any obsession.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have a large obsession with Kakashi from Naruto. It's probably the mask thing, and his Japanese voice actor sounds so... sexy. I just love him.

Also Professor Snape from Harry Potter. Don't ask me why :P

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    "Obsessed with a fictional character" was rather sadly my entire identity between my childhood and teen years, but after that it took a backseat to everything else I care about. That said, during the period of time I'm watching or re-watching something, I absolutely will latch onto a favorite character (if one really sticks out to me), at least internally. As for extending past the character himself to the actor, the only time that has happened was waaaaay back when I was 8 or 9 and fell for Jim Carrey because of his film characters from Ace Ventura and The Mask.

Most recently I re-watched Rurouni Kenshin and I'm following the new season of Supernatural so my faves from those shows (Kenshin and Castiel, respectively) have been on my mind a bit. It's a welcome distraction for someone who's been single for a long time X3

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    To be honest, I'm obsessed with most fictional ninjas in media. Ninjas in movies, comics/manga, video games, etc. I am just purely obsessed with ninjas and I'm okay with that lol.

Guy from Final Fight. Characters from Naruto. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Greninja from Pokemon. So many ninjas! x.x

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    It's not an obsession, but I like Weiss Schnee from RWBY. She's got pizazz, class, and a whole lotta sass.

Years
  • I am not right now but I had an obsession with Summer Glau. She is an awesome actress and love how she has her own way of acting. Fave shows with her was terminator chronicles. Firefly. I watched a lot of interview with her. She is kinda of an odd person wich I love. And she has an amazing muscle memory and it makes her being able to control her body in such a graceful way. She did a lot of stund in the firefly show and serinity movie for example.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Katniss Everdeen without a doubt the story development from the start of The Hunger Games to the end of Mockingjay is phenominal. She cares about others and will do anything it takes to save them. In the end leads the rebellion to overthrow the control of the Capitol. This has gone on to Jennifer Lawrence who is just perfection, funny, different than any other actress.

Just how bad.... it made me make a Twitter fan account mostly THG, Jlaw based and within this year aready have 13.5k tweets.

Back