• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Ok I tried to add a new HM myself but I still get this error:

Message: Script error within event 7, map 78 (Ice Rock Den):
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbSNOWPLOW' for Kernel:Module
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:754:in `eval'
Interpreter:754:in `command_111'
Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Help, anyone!?!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Can anyone help? I can't find any of my maps in the Editor. I'm trying to set the encounter rates pokemon on each route btw.

Atomic Reactor

You wouldn't necessarily add a pokemon to there party. Just make a new trainer in the trainer.txt file.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
wat i did was just completely set up a new trainer but with the same name (1 2 or something for the difference in the game

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Ok I tried to add a new HM myself but I still get this error:

Message: Script error within event 7, map 78 (Ice Rock Den):
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbSNOWPLOW' for Kernel:Module

Help, anyone!?!

I really need help guys..
So please answer this question..!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
yaoimutt: It's not a glitch. As far as I know, poccil has no intention to add the D/P moves. It is, after all a starter kit. I may decide to make a tutorial explaining the basics of adding new moves, so anyone who wants to make D/P moves will have the ability to do so.

Poccil, if you do plan on adding to D/P moves, please PM me first.

i didn't say that the moves not being in the system was a glitch, i said that the new moves that poccil put into the starter kit that are not working, are most likely not working because of a glitch.

This is what it looks like:
ineedhelp-2.jpg

I'm not a scripter guy so I have no idea...
in that event, the condition branch will go to the "else" the first time, and the "if" every time after that, because the switch got pokemon isn't on until the end of that event, so you would have to touch it 2 times to get the events INSIDE the if part to work, but they would ALWAYS happen after that because the got pokemon switch is on.

Hello guys, this is my first post here. This forum is very cool, like the Starter Kit.
I have a question, i dont know if it was questioneted already.
When i created my fourth map and, in the game, tryed to enter in it, a message appears: "Doesn't found the fith map" (something like this), it is strange, becaus its my fourth map, so i go do the data fouder, duplicated the fourth map and named as the fith map, then i entered the game, and when i enter in the map, it was raining and appears the name of the map, know, i want to know, how i disable this things that appears. And i want to know more two things, how to appear the name of the map in the top of the screen when i enter the map, and how to connect two maps.

Sorry about my poor english! I'm brasilian.

naming that map fifth map doesn't actually effect this, the map id is set automaticly by the system it's self, you can't really control that,

anyway, go to the folder of your game, and go to the pbs folder, find both the metadata file, and the connections file, then erase them. the connections data connects 2 or more maps togeather, and the metadata states what is going on in a map, like if the map has weather, or a divemap.

Last edited:

Senjistar

Dazzling ;)
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Dec 12, 2008
I need to know what scripts you need to get started. Like, I was testing the mart. I have nothing done except a mart, noothing at all. I just wanted to see if it'd work. I had the coding right, but I think I needed to add something so you can obtain items right?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
i believe that there might be an error in the PokemonTrainer script. i've been starting to add trainers to my game and it hasn't really been working. i entered in the basic comments for it to work, the event name is Trainer(5) and it's set at event touch and it doesn't seem to do anything. these are the exact settings i used the last time i made a trainer, so there's gotta be an error somewhere. >.>

can you give us a screenshot?

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
---------------------------
Pokemon Hall Of Fame
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 36, map 30 (OAK POKEMON RESEARCH LAB):
Section064:860:in `pbFromPBMove'undefined method `new' for nil:NilClass
PokeBattle_Battle:336:in `initialize'
PokemonTrainers:426:in `new'
PokemonTrainers:426:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This error never happened to me before so I have no idea what's wrong.

Also, what is the name of the savefile? I think it's something.rxdata but I have no idea

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
@partyghoul

I had the exact same error too when I changed to the latest release. Pokemon PokeDex entries weren't showing either, and the Editor didn't seem to save anything. I've switched back to an earlier release for now. I think the latest release is having problems compiling/sending out the data, but I'm not sure, since I know moot about scripting :^/

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
i didn't say that the moves not being in the system was a glitch, i said that the new moves that poccil put into the starter kit that are not working, are most likely not working because of a glitch.

in that event, the condition branch will go to the "else" the first time, and the "if" every time after that, because the switch got pokemon isn't on until the end of that event, so you would have to touch it 2 times to get the events INSIDE the if part to work, but they would ALWAYS happen after that because the got pokemon switch is on.

naming that map fifth map doesn't actually effect this, the map id is set automaticly by the system it's self, you can't really control that,

anyway, go to the folder of your game, and go to the pbs folder, find both the metadata file, and the connections file, then erase them. the connections data connects 2 or more maps togeather, and the metadata states what is going on in a map, like if the map has weather, or a divemap.

So sorry but what do I have to do to make it happen all the time unless you have pokemon? I'm trying to make it say The door is locked unless you have pokemon. If you do then you go into oak's lab.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
As requested by many, battle animations within the starter kit are little to none. i have finally arranged all the battle animations into usable rmxp sheets. (i didn't use animmaker.exe, sorry poccil. i couldnt' understand how to use it) as someone else requested, i also ripped all the doors from leaf green and arranged them rmxp style. the link to all this is right here. the battle animations that i currently have finished will be uploaded slowly, but surely. any help finishing these animations will be greatly appearated. if used, credit is expected.

*EDIT*
i almost forgot that the battle animations (.anm files) will require the battle animation sheets that i provided.

This is excellent, however, I'm not sure how to use the .anm files...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Thanks partyghoul. But now you can get to the map but you can walk through walls:
iarehelp.jpg

The things in green are the things you can walk on. Not including the T.V or stack of books. The tags are set to X's but it still won't work... Please help...

it could just be that the passability is wrong, if it is, all you do is go to the tileset editor (either in the rmxp or in the sk editor) and change it, it will be fixed.

it could also be that you have a invisable tile over it that alows passing. make sure it's just the invisable tile in the upper left hand corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back