• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You guessed it. I'm new.

Pook

Don't eat Slowpoke tails!
Years
  • Yo I'm Pook. Even though I made this account last year I am new and this is my first post haha.
    So basically I play Pokemon both on Showdown and via 3DS.
    I like to battle and I tend to hatch myself shinies time to time.
    Currently trying hatch a shiny Cacnea.
    But yeah see you guys around the forum

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Haha well better late than never. Glad you decided to finally introduce yourself, Pook.

We have our own Showdown server here, if you weren't aware.

Any particular reason for the shiny Cacnea?

Years
  • I have to say that is a cute username you have there, Pook! Welcome aboard.

If your avatar is any indication, I assume you love Slowpoke if I'm curious? As for areas concering battling, Hiidoran has that covered so go look around what he recommended for you if you haven't done so already. We also have a huge shiny breeding service in Trade Corner just in case if you are looking for shinies yourself, and good luck with that Cacnea.

That's it for now, but I'll be sure to see you again very soon.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hey Pook, welcome to PC 8) Haha better late than never for sure!

Cacnea's a really cool Pokemon, is it one of your favourites? Or are you just hatching random shinies? I used a Cacturne back in Ruby and it was a lot of fun to use; I was going to use one again in OmegaRuby but I decided to use Sceptile and didn't want ot double up on types.

Hope to see you around the forum! If you ever want to chat or just need some help, feel free to shoot me a message 8)

Pook

Years
  • I recently used Cacturne in a random battle on Showdown then ended up making team with him in it and found him fun to use. Spiky Shield comes in handy :D

Pook

Years
  • Well I've been playing Showdown for a few years. I got into Pokemon Online back in the beginning of Gen 5 then went to showdown after that. I've been playing Pokemon since I was 4 tho

Years
  • I love Showdown. PO was fun too but it seems a bit more clunky so I don't use it anymore, especially since discovering PS.. plus it's easy enough to just open in your browser, ha. But maaan do I need to improve my battling skills. I just get my favorites and stick them in a team without much regard of how they'll actually function together. That's why random battles are so fun. x'D

Good meeting you, Pook. Seems like you're doing pretty well here already - fingers crossed that doesn't change, yeah? Lots to do on PC and you're more than welcome to shoot me a message if you'd like to talk. [':

Years
  • Welcome!

Hatching shinies is so tedious for me. To get my shinies I use the chain fishing and horde encounter methods. I've been pretty lucky with those two methods. Still trying to hatch a shiny Fennekin in my X. I must be over 1,000 eggs now ;-;

Anyway, if you have any questions or anything, do not hesitate to ask :)

Back