• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonMasterMatt

Dragon Trainer
Years
So guys I love competitive battles.I am a bit of a know it all when it comes to the right pokemon to pick and what moves to use however I have recently heard of EV training.I know you have to defeat certain pokemon to earn EV points but thats about the extent of my knowledge.Which pokemon get the most EV points and what type ,attack,def ect.
Is there a limmit to the amount of EVs on one pokemon?How many EVs = a stat point?
Like say if I defeated maybe 100 geodude would I get 100 points added to my defence?I currently win around 2/5 competitive battles and I feel the reason for this is because I have not properly EV trained.Any help will be much appreciated! :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Which pokemon get the most EV points and what type ,attack,def ect.
In this article you can see which types of EVs each Pokemon gives out.

Is there a limmit to the amount of EVs on one pokemon?
Yes, 510 is maximum amount of EVs a Pokemon can have. 255 is the most EVs a Pokemon can have per stat.

How many EVs = a stat point?
4 EVs gives out 1 stat point. As a result, only 508 EVs can be used instead of 510. 510 isn't divisible by 4, so the extra 2 EVs make no difference on a Pokemon's stats. The same goes for 255; 3 out of those 255 EVs are useless. If you were to max out two stats with EVs, the best way to do that is use a 252 / 252 / 4 EV spread instead of 255 / 255. With the first spread you get 4 extra EVs to use on another stat.

Like say if I defeated maybe 100 geodude would I get 100 points added to my defence?
You are correct, assuming the Pokemon doesn't have Pokerus or any of the EV-enhancing items.

You can find more information in our Guides & Resources. If you have any more questions, please ask them in the B2W2 Quick Questions thread or in the other Pokemon gaming forums depending on which game you have questions about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back