• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my OU HyperOffense team

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm reasonably new to competitive and I've never seriously built a team before, so I'm not too sure what I'm doing. I tried to make a hyperoffense team, but I keep getting rocked by stallers and water types.

130-f.png

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce

I really like Moxie, and along with Dragon Dance and Life Orb, Gyarados should theoretically be able to wipe several pokemon off the field, unless a physical wall is put out early.

534.png

Randy Savage (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dynamic Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Mach Punch

This used to be a Machamp, but I traded out a small speed advantage for a small defensive bulk boost, and a higher attack with Iron Fist. Used to have Bullet Punch and Payback in place of Drain and Mach.

006.png
    charizardnitex.png
    006-mx.png

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Flare Blitz
    - Dragon Claw
    - Roost

He hits like a Falcon Punch.
    He also dies really quickly.

490.png

Manaphy @ Leftovers
    Ability: Hydration
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Tail Glow
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

tail glow is pretty good imo

380.png

Latias @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Thunderbolt
    - Healing Wish

Should probably have defog?

530.png

Excadrill @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin

Gotta admit, I sorta just threw this one in here because he looks cool I needed a rapid spinner. While I could have given Latias defog, I liked having 3 offensive moves on her more - the type coverage given by Thunderbolt, the STAB of Psyshock, and Draco Meteor's raw power.
    Also, not sure about the Lum Berry. Would an Assault Vest or something work better? Or should I swap it out for a less defensive option?

How do I stop stalling teams from destroying me? How do I Git Gud?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    HO teams usually forgo Hazard removal, as they are pretty busy keeping up offensive pressure. Your team also needs something that can set up hazards like Stealth Rock.

Prominent SR setters on offensive teams are Landorus-T and Garchomp, or Tyranitar, if you want to make use of Sand (like if you were going to utilize Sand Rush Excadrill). All of them also check Talonflame which is a hugh threat to HO.

Also why Thunderbolt on Latias and Psychic on Manaphy? I get TBold hits Water types, but so does Energy Ball on Manaphy (which also hits mons like Swampert and Quagsire, the latter being a common threat on stall, for super effective damage).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • HO teams usually forgo Hazard removal, as they are pretty busy keeping up offensive pressure. Your team also needs something that can set up hazards like Stealth Rock.

Prominent SR setters on offensive teams are Landorus-T and Garchomp, or Tyranitar, if you want to make use of Sand (like if you were going to utilize Sand Rush Excadrill). All of them also check Talonflame which is a hugh threat to HO.

Also why Thunderbolt on Latias and Psychic on Manaphy? I get TBold hits Water types, but so does Energy Ball on Manaphy (which also hits mons like Swampert and Quagsire, the latter being a common threat on stall, for super effective damage).

Psychic hits Mega Venusaur supereffectively, as it walls Manaphy without it.

That being said, either Therian Landorus or Garchomp should be used over Gyarados or Manaphy, since the latter two stack weaknesses. I'd rather use Garchomp over Gyarados, since it has the Speed to back up its power in HO teams:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Swords Dance
    Nature: Naive/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb/Lum Berry

I'm questioning the use of Dynamic Punch on Conkeldurr. It's very inaccurate without No Guard (a tiny niche Machamp has over Conkeldurr, but that's not enough for it to warrant a spot). Just stick to Drain Punch + Mach Punch as Fighting STABs. Guts is also superior to Iron Fist, as it punishes status abusers. Sheer Force is the more consistent ability if you want Conkeldurr to have more power than Assault Vest. Mach Punch is also pretty much mandatory on Conkeldurr just so it doesn't go down to faster Pokemon that quickly:
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Knock Off/Ice Punch
    -Ice Punch/Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/236 SDef/20 Spe
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts

or
    -Drain Punch/Superpower
    -Mach Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch/Poison Jab
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force

As RF pointed out, HO teams leave out hazard control. I'd consider dropping Latias and Excadrill for two cleaners or a cleaner and an extra wallbreaker. Weavile is one of the best cleaners in the game, since it checks plenty of Psychics and Dragons (like the Latis). You can also use Gengar as another attacker, since it hits Fairy Pokemon, a type that this team kind of struggles with now that Excadrill is out:

Weavile:
    -Knock Off
    -Icicle Crash
    -Low Kick
    -Pursuit/Ice Shard
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure

Gengar:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave