• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ....needs moar pokes

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    @ Howmander,

The pre-evos and evos count, because they are permanent evolution connections. They tie the generations together. Mega Evolution is not permanent. It only lasts until the Pokémon is knocked out, or until the battle ends, whichever occurs first.

@ R.F. ,

Not entirely. Think about it. Each time they release a new game, they have been trying to break away from the predictable pattern. In B/W, we expected Gray, but they gave us B2/W2, legitimate sequels instead of the usual 3rd version. With X/Y, we are expecting Z, but they know this, and so, will try to think of something different.

Adding more new Pokémon mid--generation is certainly a plausible way to go, as it is something they have not done before, and is something most will not see coming. And given the low number so far, I feel it is the way they will go. More new Pokémon, an expanded region, and a thicker plot. Also, since they've gone the sequel way, they may also go the other direction, and give us a prequel, possibly in the era of AZ and the war

In short, we need to stop expecting the normal pattern, and start thinking of what they haven't done yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Ya know what, I actually liked how few Pokemon they added. I find it weird when people complain about having way too many Pokemon, and then turn around and complain that they added too few in the newest game. In all honesty our world itself has a higher amount of insect species than the total amount of humans on Earth, and it is likely there are millions more undiscovered. So more Pokemon doesn't seem like such a Farfetch'd (;D) thing.

If ya look at it, they didn't do much less than Gen 2 and Gen 4. While we're on the subject of not including Mega Pokemon into the Gen 6 additions, taking newly introduced evolutions to previous Pokemon out of the equation, Gen 2 added only 91 brand new lines, while Gen 4 only added 78 brand new lines.

Event then I don't understand why there needs to be this huge flood of new Pokemon each and every single time.

The whole pattern thing is silly, too. I don't get where people think they've tried to maintain a pattern for anything when they have never confirmed nor denied such a thing. I guess something to make your OCD feel better idk.

But I think it was neat, the addition of only 72 Pokemon. It really got to focus on a lot of previous Pokemon's competitiveness. In past generations, new Pokemon had just completely shattered competitive play. I suppose with the addition of Fairy type almost doing that single-handedly, they didn't need to add too many more Pokemon right off the bat.

What kind of Pokemon would you add to the Kalos region?

Not a whole lot more, really. Maybe a cute Fiary/Ice type Pokemon.
    Maybe another snail-like Pokemon. Probably like a Ground/Grass type of thing (or like the Lou Carcolh legend).
    More ducks, since those are common in France, too! Fairy/Flying ducks, pls <3
    Probably something to do with the Barbegazi legend, or even the Cheval Mallet.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Dolphin pokemon or riot.

yeah but seriously...we need a dolphin pokemon. six generations and nothing! the one I'm imagining would probably be a Fairy/Water type Pokemon since dolphins are...magical.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I was thinking of Johto Pokemon the other day that are almost forgettable (Qwilfish, Stantler, Sunflora, Sudowoodo, almost Dunsparce/Corsola/Delibird but they had more anime exposure, almost Yanma/Aipom/Gligar/Sneasel/Murkrow/Misdreavus before receiving much needed evolutions, and so on). So, the Johto region always felt like it lacked variety to me. I experienced that same feeling when playing X/Y. There were so many prior-generation Pokemon tossed about, but too few newer Pokemon introduced. I made it my goal to use new Pokemon, but it was difficult.

I hope even an alternate/expanded Kalos introduces another 70+ new Pokemon. I'd like evolutions to Pokemon with single stages that need that help. I'd welcome those with unique type combinations. Electric/Dark, Psychic/Bug, Rock/Ghost, etc are some of the ones that perhaps even existing Pokemon could be. I want to see more Fairy, Poison, and Bug types. I'm scared of bugs but Pokemon bugs have the coolest designs!

Years
  • Dolphin pokemon or riot.

yeah but seriously...we need a dolphin pokemon. six generations and nothing! the one I'm imagining would probably be a Fairy/Water type Pokemon since dolphins are...magical.

I'm with you, I feel like this generation would have introduced one but there seems to be some taboo or something going on. I do hope 7th Gen can finally give us the dolphin we want, and not make it suck.

While the significant lack of new Pokemon here was a glaring flaw, it did at least give us some new unique type combinations. 7th Gen should continue with new type combinations, but maybe introduce more Pokemon.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Didnt mind much. Unova is my favorite region but half the designs were crap. Kalos made most of them look at least passable.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • I'm not really sure what I would want if we were to get a new batch of Pokemon in an upcoming game and what not. I trust the designers will bring out a few good ideas and hopefully they're creative. If we end up with a bunch of Trubbish, Ice Cream, and Muk though, I'm going to be sad. :c

Back