• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Victory Road!

Years
  • In every Pokémon game, before the Pokémon League, you're required to traverse one final obstacle before you can challenge the Elite Four - a cave known as Victory Road. They're usually full of different side-winding paths and obstacles, and (except for one of them) difficult trainers that can prove to be quite strong most of the time! Each region has theirs done differently, so which one do you like the most? How about the least?

I have to go with Black 2 and White 2's as the one I like the most. It has like seven different types of wild Pokémon - Ghost, Grass, Flying, Rock, Fighting, Water and Dragon - and lots of areas that you go through, and it stems from the ruins of N's Castle from Black and White. And the trainers there are REALLY strong, particularly on Challenge Mode where they're Level 58/59. It's pretty cool. But the one I like the least, probably RSE's.

How about you? What do you think of the various Victory Roads that the game has in store for us? Discuss.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Well X/Y was the only Victory Road I enjoyed going through so I'll go with that one! The only problem was that it was too easy but other than that it's the best in the whole series.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I have a different choice i like the Pokemon Emerald Victory Road because of its huge puzzle maze(Really confusing when i play this game first time) and the Pokemon very strong Pokemon with high levelled Wild Pokemons(Which leads to always faint my Pokemon haha).So this Victory Road is better than ever Pokemon games.

Years
  • I'm with Pendraflare here, the B2/W2 Victory Road was the most unique of the bunch by having different areas with different Pokemon in them. Plus, the trainers in there were extremely tough, and if you play in Challenge Mode they can really give a run for your money with the high levels and scary movesets.

Years
  • I love Hoenn's Victory Road for some reason. I guess I just have memories of doing it originally. I love the trainers in there and the overall design of it, especially in ORAS with the waterfalls and stuff. Plus, Wally fight is always fun :3

Least favorite would be Kanto/Johto. Just plain annoying for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • idk why, but Victory Road is always one of the least memorable places for me and it really shouldn't be. But one in particular stands out for me and that's the RS Victory Road. It's one of the few I can remember right off the top of my head. The music suits the area perfectly and there are tons of trainers, which is a great step up from GSC's count of zero, haha. And fighting Wally at the end (not a fan of how Emerald made him at the beginning that doesn't make sense to me) was a treat. Yeah, I know ORAS' Victory Road looks nicer, but RS' Victory Road, to me, feels nicer. That was the first Victory Road I ever traveled on and I worked hard for it. I guess other games since then have felt easier to me so Victory Road is a breeze and I can just blow through it, but I really felt like I earned it in Sapphire the first time.

I was also 10 and not good at games and now I'm just like "pssh whatever!" when I play Pokemon so that might have something to do with it, lol.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    I have to agree with the general sentiment on BW2's Victory Road--it's memorable, not only because of it's design but also because of the legitimately challenging trainers it has.

But my favorite of the all the Victory Roads has to be the one in ORAS. Simply put, I love it's design. The graphics/maps used for it, especially right at the end (all the green and the water and the rocks together with bridges...), were just perfect for the kind of feel I think Game Freak wanted to instill in players.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I might be the only one here who hasn't played BW2 so I can't comment on that :X
    I kinda hated going through all the Victory Road's... they never really stood out to me and felt grindy cause I was just focusing on trying to get out and get to the league.
    I did sorta like ORAS Victory Road though, and fighting Wally in the end ;__; they grow up so fast...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm in a love/hate relationship with johto's victory road because one part of me loves how easy it was and the other part of me hates there not being any trainers to level up on. also the pokemon within that cave gave pretty bad exp and it just made grinding painful.

I really liked kalos's victory road because it kind of felt like a journey and it was somewhat beautiful, whereas other victory roads are just brown gloomy caves. the addition of it being built through ruins was a really nice touch.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I really liked the one in XY, as it was actually somewhat challenging and didn't have that obnoxious Flash requirement (looking at you RSEORAS).

Years
  • I really liked the one in XY, as it was actually somewhat challenging and didn't have that obnoxious Flash requirement (looking at you RSEORAS).

Thank you! Someone who actually thought XY's Victory Road was interesting...I mean, it had 22 trainers (counting double battles as one, and including the rival battle), a lot of which had really strong Pokémon. As opposed to ORAS', which I wasn't very keen on with that (ten trainers aside from Wally, all of which have copy/paste level movesets). But if we're talking in terms of puzzles...well, there was that bit with the skipping stones at least.

Years
  • I have to agree with BW2 being the best for all the reasons stated. I never appreciate Victory Roads the first time though because I just want to get to the League already!

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I don't remember many of them very distinctly... only that they tend to involve large caves, tons of trainers, and Pokemon that I would have LOVED to raise but sadly it's the end of the game so it's too late for it. I do distinctly remember X's Victory Road, though... particularly because it felt very brutal compared to the rest of the game. That's pretty much a guaranteed nightmare for Nuzlocke runs, especially when it comes to that psycho in the karate gear. @_@

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The Victory Road that I enjoyed the least are from GSC and HGSS, even Pokémon Tower's better than that eerily quiet place. :/

So far the best one would be from B2W2, followed by XY's.

Back