• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X, Y & Bank, Integrated?

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
Years
  • Call me crazy, but am I the only one who thinks X, Y and Bank (not to mention ORAS) should have been coded to work together, so you wouldn't have to switch apps all the time?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Sorry, I disagree. I find the current situation perfect.
    During the Nintendo Direct for XY, they have explicitly stated that they want the Pokémon Bank to continue in the future Generations, meaning it wouldn't be exclusively for Gen VI. So why include the Bank within Gen VI games?

I would also find it distasteful if the Gen VI games are constantly reminding me to pay for Bank subscription fee everytime I use Storage Box(in case I have the subscription cancelled). Moreover it's convenient for both Nintendo and Game Freak to update the Bank and tighten the app's security since Bank is an individual app; If the Bank and games are packed as one app, it's gonna pose more security issues, for example like game hackers.

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
    Years
  • Sorry, I disagree. I find the current situation perfect.
    During the Nintendo Direct for XY, they have explicitly stated that they want the Pokémon Bank to continue in the future Generations, meaning it wouldn't be exclusively for Gen VI. So why include the Bank within Gen VI games?

I would also find it distasteful if the Gen VI games are constantly reminding me to pay for Bank subscription fee everytime I use Storage Box(in case I have the subscription cancelled). Moreover it's convenient for both Nintendo and Game Freak to update the Bank and tighten the app's security since Bank is an individual app; If the Bank and games are packed as one app, it's gonna pose more security issues, for example like game hackers.

Okay, yeah, I can see your point... especially considering how much time it took transferring Pokémon in previous gens... I still don't like that cross-bow thingy to transfer Pokémon from Gen IV to Gen V. Sorry. ^_^;;

Back