• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Serious Glitch Type/Pokemon Concepts

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2015
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a glitch type or fakemon yet in all those fangames... Though understandably it might be a bit tough to do so without going meta or making it parody, so I've been thinking about ways to make it blend in properly with the pokemon world... I won't ask for credit or ownership of those ideas, I'd just like to see them put to use someday, so feel free.

The Origin:
    It's right under our noses, really. Note that pokemon can be and are stored and transferred digitally, right? What if something happens to that data...? Like, say, the evil domination team of the day tries to steal pokemon by riskily hacking into the data storage, but ends up corrupting a bunch of pokemon into glitch types? Then likely developed a liking to them... See, you've got an origin AND a plot. Two birds, one stone. ...how do they breach into reality? Same way Porygon did.

Glitch Pokemon:
    They can be split into three types; corrupted, amalgam, or artificial.
    Corrupted glitch types are usually alternate evolutions of various pokemon that survived the data corruption and came out as glitch pokemon; usually inorganic or unliving pokemon like ghost types, the Geodude line, Magnemite line, Klink, and so on.
    Amalgam is what happens to the leftover data broken off from the corruption- new, strange glitch pokemon made of bits and pieces of various pokemon, but looking more like a creative pokemon hybrid rather than a poor sprite edit.
    Artificial would be... well, think Porygon. Artificially created digital pokemon in an attempt to fight glitch with glitch. Speaking of which, PorygonZ is canonically the result of data corruption, so it'd be Normal/Glitch.

Glitch Type:
    It'd make sense if it'd be high-risk due to instability, and as a result, strong/weak to many types, leaving only a few types they're neutral to in any area. Each decision is inspired by how those types relate to digital/technology. Have fun guessing what determined them. :P
    Weak to: Electric, Bug, Normal, Fire, Water, Ghost, Ground.
    Resistant to: Ice, Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Dark, Steel, Fairy.
    Immune to: Glitch
    Super effective against: Electric, Fighting, Flying, Psychic, Dragon, Ghost, Fairy.
    Not very effective against: Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Poison, Ground, Steel.

Glitch move examples:
    Overclock- immensely raises special attack and speed, but also sharply lowers both defenses.
    Exploit- Hits enemy harder the more stat changes (both increase and decrease) the enemy has. Starts at rather low damage but can get pretty strong.
    Encrypt- Damaging attack with a chance of paralysis.
    Pixelate- Sharply increases user's evasion.
    Fork Bomb- OHKO move similar to Gulliotine or Sheer Cold.
    White Noise- Low-damage sound move that hits all adjacent pokemon (allies included) with a good chance of confusion.
    Feedback- High power (120 or so) sound move that only hits if the user was damaged first.
    ...and so on.

Legendary:
    ...Missingno, duh. Except probably make it more pokemon-like rather than a block of static- probably a very glitched/corrupt Porygon that looks more winged/birdlike. "Corruption" would be its exclusive signature move. ;) An ideal opposing legendary would be pure normal type.

So do you like the idea/would like to see this in a game? Other ideas related to glitch type/pokemon in fangames? Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, I wasn't sure.

Back