• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transferring data between games

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2015
    i am trying to make a pokemon game but i want to make it where if you played another game i make your data transfers to another game.

was wondering if this was possible.

Years
  • Possible, yes, but there's not currently a script designed to do this.

Basically, you'd have to make a script that searches for the other save file, and then loads that save file. Store whatever values you're wanting into variables in your new game, dump the rest. Then make the new game save.

Not horribly complicated, but will take a bit of work, and obviously for you to decided what data you want to be transferred.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2015
    the way i want it work was if you play one of my older games your pokemon roster will go over to the next one.

for example: normally starting a game gives you a starter and you work from there. but if you load up a save file from an older game into it will increase the difficulty and give different dialogue and maybe a different ending.

i know it sounds hard but if it will make it to where it will keep a continuous story allowing the fans to keep legacy going for a while then i think in the long run it should be done.

Back