• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
  • You Had me At Hello- I like the idea of the gym, and the levels work well, but I think you should allow the player to leave the gym if they choose to. This way, it makes it easier for players to heal their Pokemon.

Also, the map is up!

The idea of not letting people leave was put in to try and make the Gym more challenging. If its seen as too challenging, I have no problems taking it out.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I just noticed. Opposite is using the concept of the 8th Hoenn gym, while i'm using the concept of the 8th Johto Gym.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Partly right on the spot :P But it's not nearly the same mechanic, in the Soothopolis gym you could pretty much avoid battling anyone but the Leader, in my gym you have to beat everyone in order to actually reach her.
    One the subject on both of us borrowing ideas from the eight and last gyms... Does this mean that the eight gym in the Maci league will be particulary challenging? Hmmmmm... :D

Last edited:

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • I kind of have to take my previous claim back. I am in fact going to be making a gym for Round 8.

But we warned, I think it may end up being a little extreme.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I kind of have to take my previous claim back. I am in fact going to be making a gym for Round 8.

If it is, then that might be a challenge to beat, but I've been working on something that just might stand up too, or even surpass your idea. but we'll have to wait and see.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Syrynn said:
    I kind of have to take my previous claim back. I am in fact going to be making a gym for Round 8.

I will meet this challenge as well, I too think mine might be a little extreme as well. Both fanboyish and extreme at the same time. You'll understand when you see it. Best luck, and whoever wins, congratulations. (My puzzle's going to be a little weird for the typing I picked out.)

Last edited:

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • Don't count me out in round eight. I have some good ideas if I can manage to get them done. I have most of it planned out. I just have to get what each trainer says.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I'm really excited for Round 8 now, you guys have my hopes up! I can't wait to showcase my Champion Battle: I have worked on it for 8 Rounds (and by the time I post it, 12 rounds), so you better be prepared =). Since there are only two hours left until I open the poll and Round 8 (so excited!), I have decided to forgo a huge post of edits. In Round 8, I promise that such a post will be made, as I want the gyms to be in top shape. Be forewarned, I will be extremely picky from here on out, the rivals and the Elite 4 are the most important part.

EDIT: I have made significant changes to the calendar. From now on (Gym 8 to the end of the project) you will have 3 Days to do each event, as I want a huge selection for every round. I'm really excited for the rest of the project.

VERY IMPORTANT

Next week, I will be gone Friday - Sunday, meaning I will need someone to judge everything for me. PM me if you are interested in doing this. You will not be able to submit anything during that time, but you will have total control of the thread and you are responsible for giving constructive criticism. I will be keeping tabs on things via I-Touch internet, but I won't be able to actively participate in that time period.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Hmm. So Gym 8 is open, then? I'll put my preliminary post here, and add the images and layout when we get our PC back. This whole time, I've been working on an old laptop.

Zeta won't be easy to beat out!

Gym Info
    Spoiler:

Gym Trainers
    Spoiler:

Gym Leader
    Spoiler:

ROUND 2
    Spoiler:

Comments appreciated of course. Good luck to Round 8!

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Due to technical problems, I lost a huge post I was doing about Round 8. Suffice to say I spent 30 minutes on it =(. Regardless, I will give you the important information here. I have all the Round 8 info ready, I was just answering questions that were posed to me about the Rivals. Those questions will be answered tomorrow.

Round 8 is Open

Round 7 was a fantastic round, and I look forward to an even better one this time around.

Keep this in mind:
    Level Range

Gym 8 - 56 - 61 [Round 2 = 85-90]

Also:

Big Themes
    • Gym Round 2 must have 5 Pokemon, no more or less.
    • Gym Trainers do not need movesets, as I can't implement them into the hack.
    • FORMATTING AND GRAMMAR ARE CRUCIAL

Round 7 Poll

Round 7 was the best round of this event so far; all the gyms were superb. The evolution progression, level progression, and round progression were all perfectly done; and so it came down to the formatting when I was narrowing it down for the polls. Without further ado, I present this round's poll options.

• SkipShot
    • ooOppositeDay
    • You Had Me At Hello
    Remember this is a Bold Vote poll: Write your vote in Bold or it will not be counted.
    ==================
    I look forward to the best round yet.

Don't worry, I will fill in all the information on the Elite 4 and the Rivals tomorrow, its just that I have to sleep now. G'Night all!

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • C:\Users\Seth\Pictures\Pokemon Ground Gym puzzle.jpg

Gym Name- Alluvium Platform Gym

Gym Type- Ground

Gym Number- 8

Gym Sign- Alluvium Platform Gym, Leader: Keith, the Ground-type preceptor!

Gym Nerd Speech-"Wow you've made it all the way here to the last Gym? That's amazing. Keith uses Ground-type Pokémon, so Grass or Water-types will fare well against his Pokémon."

Puzzle-
    Spoiler:

Maps-
    Spoiler:

Gym Trainers

Spoiler:

Leader Keith

Spoiler:

ROUND 2

Gym: The path you had left before is still there, so in order to challenge him just walk through the path to his platform.

Leader Keith

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Hmm... it's a toughie, but I'll have to say... Skip Shot The gym just looks really cool, and it poses a great challenge, it seems, having both Wild Pokemon, and Gym trainers in it. I'd love to see that in action.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Hmm... I'm pretty much split evenly between my own gym and ooOppositeDay's. I guess what real seals the vote for me is item usage. In my opinion, items other than the Gym Leader's standard Potions and a Sitrus Berry on the toughest Pokemon should be saved until the second round. This is what made me vote for my own (Skip Shot) gym. ooOpposite Day had an amazing gym however, as did You Had Me At Hello.

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
    Years
  • Skip Shot as my vote because i liked his gym better than the others even though the others were great. also im not posting anymore gyms until the rivals can be posted.

Can i post Archie as my rival but he is not with Aqua he is on his own now? If not im going to create a rival that has water pokemon is that ok and can the rival have ledgendary pokemon?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Hm... I think I'll still vote for myself this round, and I'm not going to reason as of why I did it. Opposite Day it is!

@ Skippy, I simply thought that this is the seventh gym, it should pose some challenge, even with the use of items. But I'm totally cool with your 'orthodox' gym style :cool:

Back