• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • So I tried jungling just for the heck of it, and it turns out it is possible!

I was trying out Galio, so I wasn't the fastest, but it was against bots, so I had nothing to worry about. Even got a good gank too, so yay! But it will be a while before I even consider jungling against other people.

And Garen jungle does sound pretty scary, but what makes him so good mid game?

Years
  • I stopped playing normal PvP at all, i'm sick and tired of being matched against plats and diamonds while my team is all around level 20 and getting stomped because of it. I'm just playing ARAM and customs with the streamer i watch atm now so i can actually have fun in between school and developing breaks.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I still play PvP. Haven't had much trouble with it recently, I just kinda carry games. Still can't play Ranked, though. I always lose.

So apparently
    Rengar's Q
    Can still
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • yeah, I'm gonna give up on rankled play now, no matter how fed I get, my team seems to just throw it in the bin by making bronze level plays. like, I got demoted for a 15/5/11 game as Vi, and we only lost because our premade bot lane always refused to be with the team, was always getting picked off BECAUSE they were refusing to group and ignoring pings.

I jsut dont understand how these people even get into gold, and what infuriates me even more is how I should be penalised and demoted for other people's bad play, it's really not fair. Surely, if you get a good score you shouldn't get demoted IMO, because its a team game, your actions alone cannot determine the outcome of the game. so why should an individual who played well get punished and demoted for his teammates being stupid seen as acceptable by Riot?

I want to play ranked so I can get better, but I get nowhere because of the people i am always being put with, and to be honest, half the time, I don't feel like winning for these peoiple, because they certainly dont deserve to win, so why the hell should I carry them? I know it's a bad mentality for those on my team who are genuinely doing their best, but seriously... sometimes gold is heaven, and is sometimes worse than 'ELO Hell'.

Rant aside, I still dont know what to do with myself, I want to learn something new; something that will make me a better player mechanically. Most of the stuff I know I learned with no aid of anyone (ie no help from friends or streams) and I feel like I'm getting to the stage where I cannot learn anything by myself anymore. What should I do?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Rant aside, I still dont know what to do with myself, I want to learn something new; something that will make me a better player mechanically. Most of the stuff I know I learned with no aid of anyone (ie no help from friends or streams) and I feel like I'm getting to the stage where I cannot learn anything by myself anymore. What should I do?
    I don't know if my answer will actually help, considering I'm not even level thirty yet, but have you just watched pro streams? I'm talking about the ones about them specifically playing your favorite champions. You might not learn something totally new, but it's sometimes good to analyze a person's gameplay, see where they make mistakes, and think about how you would have done it. Or, record one of your matches, and watch your gameplay to see where you could have been more efficient.

That, or try to teach the game to someone else. It's amazing how helpful it is to not only the other person, but to yourself as well. You now have to explain mechanics you only thought of before, and there's something about explaining how or why something is that makes it so much easier to grasp yourself. I don't know, just a thought.

In other news, I am with you guys on this losing streak. I've decided to pick Twitch up again, and no matter how well I do, I just can't seem to carry the team. Maybe I need to be more aggressive, but my team always manages to feed another person on the enemy team until they're able to wipe the floor with all of us, and there's not much I can do about that.

For reference, I went 22/10/17 last game, and we still lost. It was a long game, over an hour long, so everyone pretty much had their final builds, and we were dominating team fights, but one lucky backdoor dashed my hopes of victory.

Talon

Years
  • League has gone down hill recently. With recent updates, including intro bots, Riot is feeding stupidity. They claim that intro bots will help you learn, when in reality, the fastest way to learn to play better, is to just play pvp, and skip bots; watch streams, and analyze your own gameplay. I can't win anymore. With certain champs just becoming unstoppable, and then with feeble attempts to patch that champ, they don't just nerf them to balance, they nerf them to hell and back (Ex.: Talon).

Riot wants to people to learn to play the game, but when a bronze level player gets carried by a friend to Silver, and then causes me to lose games, it's about time to look at how ranks are perceived.
    The best way to decide where a player gets ranked, wouldn't be through wins and losses, because people can just be carried into higher leagues. To truly separate the good from the bad, you must look at their gameplay, and THEN decide how they get ranked. Maybe something like a formula that checks what role you were playing, what champion you were playing, the build you got, masteries, runes, skill sequence, kda, turrets, objectives, cs, etc., and then compare it to the rest of the players, and see how well they played. From that information, they get ranked. It would work well, and people couldn't just get carried as easily as they do.

Years
  • The thing I find hard with runes is what to do, like, I think like this:

Do you make pages to cover your weaknesses early? Or do you go for late game power?
    I have 2 rune pages for ryze, one for pure late game power if I feel confident enough that I can survive in lane (all scaling mana), and the other for a very mobile enemy team, or if I want to be safe (move speed, hybrid penetration, armour and magic resist)

Usually I use early game runes, but I will occasionally use different runes like scaling MR on top laners and adcs (assuming you're going vs. AD in lane) because you don't need the magic resist in lane.

I recently picked up Nunu. He's a lot stronger than I had thought before. After playing a few games with him I realized he scales really well, with defense items and his buffs. He also has great control over the game between his 2 smites, his cc, his blood boil (mobility), and his inherent ability to gank lanes that need help. Well what about his damage? Well your consume buff from reptiles makes your auto attacks do 1% of your max hp (see above statement about scaling), and that stacked with red buff makes him do a good amount of damage considering you can slow them infinitely to get all the auto attacks you want in.

Years
  • Played 4 games with my diamond friend yesterday, and I hard carried every game from the jungle. I played Rammus into a freaking challenger level Lee Sin, and I had the guy completely shut down, I was always deep warding, every time he went for a gank, I was there to counter it. Why can't my Gold matches be like this ;-;

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • And now I'm on a nine game losing streak. I'm probably playing too timidly, but I'm definitely not going to gank a Volibear that's three levels ahead of me because Garren fed him way too much. Twitch can do a lot of things, but not that.

Maybe I should just try out a new champion and see what I can do. I need to broaden my champion pool anyway.

Oh, and nice job, Selly!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    In other news, I am with you guys on this losing streak. I've decided to pick Twitch up again, and no matter how well I do, I just can't seem to carry the team. Maybe I need to be more aggressive, but my team always manages to feed another person on the enemy team until they're able to wipe the floor with all of us, and there's not much I can do about that.

For reference, I went 22/10/17 last game, and we still lost. It was a long game, over an hour long, so everyone pretty much had their final builds, and we were dominating team fights, but one lucky backdoor dashed my hopes of victory.
    At that point in a game you really just need to think about your team's situation and ask yourself a couple of questions - can you win a team fight if your team tanks the damage for you? How fast can the opposing team kill the rest of your team without you there? How quickly can you destroy a turret (especially with Twitch's Q and ult combined) on your own? These questions will usually lead to two options; either you tell your team to tank up group in a lane (or ideally in a jungle so you can aim your ult down a narrow path) so you can deal out Twitch's insane hypercarry dps whilst they take the aggro for you, or you can use Twitch's incredible stealth, mobility and damage to split-push and melt towers down with your Q/ult combo whilst your team distracts for you. Usually in a game that's going on for that large a time you'll end up winning after taking an inhibitor or two - it just comes down to who can get a small advantage first when it's a stalemate and Twitch is definitely one of the better adcs to carry that out. That being said, if you can simply just catch someone from their team out of position and then charge down a lane with your whole team then that's obviously the ideal scenario, but when you're stuck for other options with a team you can't rely on your best chance as an adc is to split push. I used to play Twitch as a main back before his nerf and I had a lot of fun sneaking around the jungle with his Q stealth, but you'd be surprised how useful the passive attack speed it provides can come in whilst taking a tower. Another thing to note is obviously his ultimate's range allowing you to take a tower without even being in range for it to attack back, but it might take a couple tries if you're only relying on that for safety haha.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • At that point in a game you really just need to think about your team's situation and ask yourself a couple of questions - can you win a team fight if your team tanks the damage for you? How fast can the opposing team kill the rest of your team without you there? How quickly can you destroy a turret (especially with Twitch's Q and ult combined) on your own? These questions will usually lead to two options; either you tell your team to tank up group in a lane (or ideally in a jungle so you can aim your ult down a narrow path) so you can deal out Twitch's insane hypercarry dps whilst they take the aggro for you, or you can use Twitch's incredible stealth, mobility and damage to split-push and melt towers down with your Q/ult combo whilst your team distracts for you. Usually in a game that's going on for that large a time you'll end up winning after taking an inhibitor or two - it just comes down to who can get a small advantage first when it's a stalemate and Twitch is definitely one of the better adcs to carry that out. That being said, if you can simply just catch someone from their team out of position and then charge down a lane with your whole team then that's obviously the ideal scenario, but when you're stuck for other options with a team you can't rely on your best chance as an adc is to split push. I used to play Twitch as a main back before his nerf and I had a lot of fun sneaking around the jungle with his Q stealth, but you'd be surprised how useful the passive attack speed it provides can come in whilst taking a tower. Another thing to note is obviously his ultimate's range allowing you to take a tower without even being in range for it to attack back, but it might take a couple tries if you're only relying on that for safety haha.
    I love taking towers with Twitch, it's so easy. However, I've never considered using his ult to take them. Is it worth using it? My friend told me to never use my ult against anything other than enemy champions, and that's just always been in the back of my mind.

I really do need to focus on objectives more, though. I stay in lane too much, and that's something I need to work on.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I love taking towers with Twitch, it's so easy. However, I've never considered using his ult to take them. Is it worth using it? My friend told me to never use my ult against anything other than enemy champions, and that's just always been in the back of my mind.
    Really it depends on how the map is spread out - if you aren't expecting a team fight to happen in the near future then by all means use the ultimate to take a tower and it'll most likely be up by the time you need it again (all things considered it's a somewhat low cooldown for an ultimate), but definitely do try to save it if you're about to group up with your team. His ultimate's range is far enough to stop towers from hitting him whilst attacking them and the extra damage it grants is good, especially combined with his Q's attack speed buff, but you do have to remember the extra armor towers get when there's no minions around so it's not usually able to take a tower on its own in one try. If there's half-destroyed tower somewhere and your team is doing fine holding their lanes it's pretty easy to stealthy take down the tower before anyone can get to you or escape with his Q, but it's very much something you'll have to try out and see if it helps your playing. It's certainly not something to do frequently but on occasion it can really turn around a game, especially if you're pushing down an inhibitor/nexus tower (also remember his ultimate won't target inhibitors if you're aiming for one of them). In a lot of matches you won't have much use for that strategy at all, but in games like the one you were describing it's quite often a game-securing play.

Years
  • So i just got my first ever penta, so glad i didn't take a day off league to focus on programming now.

And sure it was on Yasuo, but i still had to outplay a bit (well mainly avoid getting damaged before i went in with ult), and i almost died at the end.

Talon

Years
  • I'm really getting tired of this game

My team's logic: Let's focus the fed Shen with a Thornmail - we're all aa champs (Weird team comp) - over a fed kat with just full ap items and a down ga, or an underfed sivir with nothing.
    My team's logic: Rengar, backdoor mid. They're all pushing mid.
    My logic: Let's all group mid, and win a teamfight. Leona, get your stun off once. Please.

My final score that game: 18/8/11. 168 CS. Most wards bought in game. Most wards placed. Most towers taken. Most dragon kills, solo. Most dragon kills, total. In the end: Did best in the game, couldn't carry team.
    Zed final score (My team) - 15/15/2 91 CS. 2 wards bought, 4 placed. 0 objectives.
    Leona - 4/13/7. 0 wards bought (As a supp....), 1 wards placed (ffs), 1 dragon with team, about 2 useful ults all game. Most useless supp.

You know who our adc was? Me. As Rengar. I stomped lane. Demolished it. Got 4 man ganked. Got out alive, and got 3 kills. I was fed af, but my team sucked so bad, I couldn't carry them.

I just can't win games. My mmr has dropped like hell because of the loses, and I can't get a win now because the teammates I get with suck so much due to my low mmr, I can't pull out a victory. Me and my friend are both in the same predicament, and when we play together our mmr is so bad we get b5s on our team like crazy, and wayy to many trolls. We just need to win 1 game, and make our mmr go up just a bit, then start being able to carry more, and then just snowball our way back into the game. Even if my team is doing bad in these games, I outsmart the enemies and outplay them so much that I win almost every fight. I saw the enemy sivir chase after when I was at half health, all the way down lane. I just stealthed, activated ghostblade, and 1 shot her while she was chasing me. I did the same thing to Azir. It wasn't even funny how good I did that game. Every life was a killing spree for me pretty much. I think I had like 2 or 3 where I didn't even get a kill or anything, I just got picked out fast. I got focused all game. They wouldn't start a teammfight if I wasn't there. They were too scared of me appearing behind them all, taking out their adc or kat, and running away in an instant, and then coming back around the font, and picking off someone else, and then focusing down the Shen to easily be able to pick off the last enemy alive. The only enemy that could 1v1 me that game was Shen. I won every duel because my damage output was way higher than any of them. I was level 18 at the end. The highest leveled enemies were Kat and Shen both at 18. The lowest enemy level was 11 (Azir). Enemy Yi was 13, and Sivir was 15. Our Leona was level 10. Zed was 16, our Yi was 17, and our Xin was 9... I just.. I... bahhhh I hate teammates. I probably could have done better that game without teammates, tbh.

Last edited:
    Years
  • when it gets to that stage, I think its time to chill out, and learn something new.

I've been levelling a smurf account on EUNE, and I've picked up Cassiopeia for top lane/mid lane, and roaming Blitzcrank support. the amount of ragequitters on my teams has been slightly aggravating, but I have won 2 3v5's out of my last 10 games.

The most satisfying part?
    [all] (enemy summoner name)((Champion)): OMG **** off blitz

I have read this line at least 30 times :D jsut go around and be a nuisance to them and deep ward, the results are very satisfying, even if my ADC turns out to be a complete nooblord, the idea is jsut to have fun while learning, and dont tryhard so much

Talon

Years
  • I need to expand my champion pool, so I've been practicing my Nidalee and Riven. So far, Nidalee isn't coming along that great. She's so hard to play. Riven is doing ok, I just need work on my teamfighting and laning.

Nola/Slayr and I are in a loading screen right now. Of course we got a troll. Chose Thresh jg. Can't wait to see how this works out. First game Nidalee in PvP.

Last edited:
    Back