• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Is there a way to edit/find the encounter rate of each Pokemon in A-Map 1.92? I know there is a slide dial for "Encounter ratio", but I'm assuming that it's used to adjust the frequency of encounters? (not the actual chance of finding a respective species)

As said before, for grass, Pokemon 1&2=20%, 3-6=10%, 7&8=5%, 9&10=4%, 11&12=1%.
    You can have the same pokemon in multiple slots, so for example if you have the same pokemon in slots 1, 3, 8 and 11 then that pokemon will have a 20% + 10% + 5% + 1% = 36% chance of appearing.

However, I figured you might also be interested in the rates for surfing, rock smash and fishing, which are different and hadn't been mentioned yet.

Surfing/rock smash/"tree" (only 5 slots):
    Slot 1 = 60%.
    Slot 2 = 30%.
    Slot 3 = 5%
    Slot 4 = 4%
    Slot 5 = 1%

Fishing (as you can see, the first 2 slots only pertain to old rods, the next 3 to good rods and the last 5 to super rods):
    Slot 1: 70% when using old rod.
    Slot 2: 30% when using old rod.
    Slot 3: 60% when using good rod.
    Slot 4&5: 20% when using good rod.
    Slot 6&7: 40% when using super rod.
    Slot 8: 15% when using super rod.
    Slot 9: 4% when using super rod.
    Slot 10: 1% when using super rod.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly, but if I make a mistake on a script, how do I use a hex editor to change the data back to being unused? Is there any kind of universal method or does it depend on the hex editor I'm using?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly, but if I make a mistake on a script, how do I use a hex editor to change the data back to being unused? Is there any kind of universal method or does it depend on the hex editor I'm using?

You don't have to use one, you can just do #removeall 0x(your script) in XSE.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Hello! I decided to use LCCoolJ95's 650 Emerald patch and quickly remembered that when you add Pokemon to a ROM they don't magically appear in A-Map. I was wondering if it was possible to add Pokemon on A-Map(1.95 or 1.92)'s Pokemon listing?

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
    Years
  • Guys im having Problem fixing the Errors on my Newly inserted Tiles in my Hack . Ive Replaced all the Contents of Tileset0(Including its Pallettes (0-6)) and Replaced it with the new ones that i inserted ive also changed the Placements of The Tiles. Now im having problem because whenever i load my game and goto to that map , Some other tiles is Replaced by A Running Water Animation, A Flower animation and Sea Water Animation . If anybody can help me with these or Give tips , It will be Appreciated. TIA :) Anyway im using A-Map 1.95

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Guys im having Problem fixing the Errors on my Newly inserted Tiles in my Hack . Ive Replaced all the Contents of Tileset0(Including its Pallettes (0-6)) and Replaced it with the new ones that i inserted ive also changed the Placements of The Tiles. Now im having problem because whenever i load my game and goto to that map , Some other tiles is Replaced by A Running Water Animation, A Flower animation and Sea Water Animation . If anybody can help me with these or Give tips , It will be Appreciated. TIA :) Anyway im using A-Map 1.95

You probably replaced the animation tiles with your tiles. That's why it shows the animation even though you replaced them. So there's two solution for that. Is either reinsert your tiles by not placing your tiles on the animation tiles or by removing the animation tiles using animation tile editor and vanishing those animations completely. But you'll loose the original animation but I guess you won't be needing them since you replaced it already.

But I suggest you put some space if you need some animation for your tiles. Having tiles with no animation is clearly boring as hell, right? Also, I suggest you use A-map 1.95 for tile inserting and use A-map 1.92 for mapping to prevent mapping error. I can't quite explain but I highly recommend you take my advice. I guess that's enough details. You go on the rest ^^

PiGreat

「KILLER QUEEN」! I'll blow you to smithereens!
    Years
  • This is probably gonna sound really dumb but whatevs. So I'm performing the long, arduous process of adding Pokémon into my hack (using MrDollSteak's decapitalisation and attack ROM base) but I think I kinda screwed up since ALL of the moves' names and what have you are replaced with "\x". Can I fix this? Is this normal? Am I boned?

Here's a pic:
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance~

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • This is probably gonna sound really dumb but whatevs. So I'm performing the long, arduous process of adding Pokémon into my hack (using MrDollSteak's decapitalisation and attack ROM base) but I think I kinda screwed up since ALL of the moves' names and what have you are replaced with "\x". Can I fix this? Is this normal? Am I boned?

Here's a pic:
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance~

You're not boned. Go back and fix the ini, the table it's reading from is a bunch of 0xFF bytes. MrDS's patch comes with a table of offsets, make sure they are matched in your ini file.

PiGreat

「KILLER QUEEN」! I'll blow you to smithereens!
    Years
  • Right. I know I'm running the risk of seeming stupid here (well, I mean, I am. Technically. We've all gotta start somewhere I guess), but I'm correct in assuming that the table of offsets is in the rather appropriately named "tablelocations.txt", right? That being the case, where exactly do I put each the offsets in the .ini file? There are a whole bunch of different offsets here and I'm scared of screwing up.

Sorry about all this.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Right. I know I'm running the risk of seeming stupid here (well, I mean, I am. Technically. We've all gotta start somewhere I guess), but I'm correct in assuming that the table of offsets is in the rather appropriately named "tablelocations.txt", right? That being the case, where exactly do I put each the offsets in the .ini file? There are a whole bunch of different offsets here and I'm scared of screwing up.

Sorry about all this.

Further than that I have no idea, sorry. I just know what the issue is, I haven't used GS3, nor do I know how it's ini is formatted :(

The idea is you replace the outdated/incorrect table offset in the ini with the corresponding real one from DS's patch. Unfortunately in DS's table.txt he doesn't mention where the original ones are, however I see in your GS3 UI it says that it's reading from 0x257494 for turtwig. Try going to the first entry, subtracting the length of the data once from that for the 0th entry and looking for the corresponding offset. Iirc, you go to 0xFFFFFE and type in 00 00 then change BPRE to MrDS or something like that (unsure once again, since I haven't tried it).

Years

Sorry about all this.
    If you downloaded the official zip in the thread, you'll have all the inis you want. Just replace the original ini with the one that came with the zip.

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    Do we know how to do tag battles yet in FRLG? I want to have the player do a battle similar to the battle against Volkner and Flint in Pt, (and I want to have them cheat and use 4 pokes each) but a while back I read that one of the "pros" of using Emerald is that it's the only Gen III game with tag battles. Do we now know how to do that in FRLG or does this statement still ring true?

Years
  • Do we know how to do tag battles yet in FRLG? I want to have the player do a battle similar to the battle against Volkner and Flint in Pt, (and I want to have them cheat and use 4 pokes each) but a while back I read that one of the "pros" of using Emerald is that it's the only Gen III game with tag battles. Do we now know how to do that in FRLG or does this statement still ring true?

I accidently selected dual battle in A Trainer and it worked fine for me. I haven't tried using dual battles yet as I am a noob and not really that far into my hack. I've heard people say it can be glitchy like if you have 1 poke in your party it will send out 2 of the same poke. Play around with it see what happens.

Years
  • Any1 know of a link to Nameless Sprite Editor Classic or any other decent tool to edit overworld sprites? The link here in pokecommunity doesn't seem to be working for me.

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    I accidently selected dual battle in A Trainer and it worked fine for me. I haven't tried using dual battles yet as I am a noob and not really that far into my hack. I've heard people say it can be glitchy like if you have 1 poke in your party it will send out 2 of the same poke. Play around with it see what happens.

I'm not talking about double battles like the battles with couples, twins, etc. I'm talking about tag battles, like in HGSS where you team up with Lance to fight Ariana. IE, 2-on-2 trainer battles with each trainer using one at a time. Though, the way I want to implement it is with the player fighting alone, using two Pokemon at once while the other two trainers team up against the player.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back