• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash has amnesia?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
  • OK, in the 40 episode of Pokemon, Ash wants an Eevee that he sees tied up, later in the B&W anime, when the gang visited the pokemon island 3 Eevees evolve into: Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon, however Ash doesn't catch them, so do i miss something here? Why Ash doesn't want to catch them? Or maybe Ash suffers from amnesia?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This particular event is a nonissue for those of us who pretend that BW never happened.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    OK, in the 40 episode of Pokemon, Ash wants an Eevee that he sees tied up, later in the B&W anime, when the gang visited the pokemon island 3 Eevees evolve into: Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon, however Ash doesn't catch them, so do i miss something here? Why Ash doesn't want to catch them? Or maybe Ash suffers from amnesia?

What do you expect from "Worst Wishes" ? If Ash isn't allow to keep a Goodra then there noway in hell he can get 3 Eevee.
    As for Amnesia , Ash claimed he will catch every Pokemon But now he wait for a Pokemon fall from a sky to join him.
    Plus, Look how Jessie fawning over Steven's Photo even though She already met Steven in person and didn't felt a thing ! Sometime I wonder if AG Series is canon or not ?

Off course , One good thing from this would be that Contestshipping will not be a Canon and Ash can end up with the most beautiful traveling companion he ever had.

Years
  • OK, in the 40 episode of Pokemon, Ash wants an Eevee that he sees tied up, later in the B&W anime, when the gang visited the pokemon island 3 Eevees evolve into: Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon, however Ash doesn't catch them, so do i miss something here? Why Ash doesn't want to catch them? Or maybe Ash suffers from amnesia?

I don't see the issue: A lot of time passed in-between the two events, so he might've simply changed his mind.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I don't see the issue: A lot of time passed in-between the two events, so he might've simply changed his mind.

That, or he didn't wanted people to ask him "wow where did you get those pokemon?", so he couldn't tell about the pokemon island

Years
  • This series just has bad continuity now.

She's right. I can tell there's bad continuity going because Ash has been recently Pokedex-scanning a Pokemon that he has obviously seen before. It's like trying to pretend that it has been so long since he last learned info on that Pokemon so he Dex-scans it again.

Years
  • I can see why they are making Ash do this, because of the kids who watched the last generation's saga growing up and moving onto shows meant for their age. Thanks, Jake.

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
    Years
  • Mew Two did it he erased memorys in the first Movie he did it again or another Mew-Two is behind all the confusion and will make his way in the Biggest Pokemon Movie maybe Ash's dad will be in it Ahhhhhhhh The Confusion ~_~~_~~_~

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    That, or he didn't wanted people to ask him "wow where did you get those pokemon?", so he couldn't tell about the pokemon island

Actually he is from Kanto where THEY LIVE so all he has to do is say that and the secret island is safe.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Mewtwo never erased Ash's memory, he erased everyone else's. He let Ash keep his because he respected Ash for showing him there was hope for him in this world. Doesn't explain why he doesn't know what mewtwo is in the B and W movie though. As for those eevees, they were content and evolved in the episode. Those two things are why he didn't go after them. He only will catch something if it approves. And whenever something evolves in the anime, they don't catch it. Ash also has seen eevee twice before then and didn't want one, so he may either want someone else to catch it in those episodes, or he doesn't want to catch them. The consistency is weird though, as Ash first encounters and wants a dunsparce in Black and White, and then in X and Y he finds another one and wants to catch it., and doesn't due to other reasons. I hope he catches one eventually.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2016
    Ash must of hit his head to many times if he does not rember getting killed by Mewtwo. Or shocked by Pikachu to many times. Mabey that's how he had memory loss. But you would think Pikachu would at least rember. Basically, they both forgot their encounter with the clone of Pokemon Jesus(aka Mew)...

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
    Years
  • Mewtwo never erased Ash's memory, he erased everyone else's. He let Ash keep his because he respected Ash for showing him there was hope for him in this world. Doesn't explain why he doesn't know what mewtwo is in the B and W movie though. As for those eevees, they were content and evolved in the episode. Those two things are why he didn't go after them. He only will catch something if it approves. And whenever something evolves in the anime, they don't catch it. Ash also has seen eevee twice before then and didn't want one, so he may either want someone else to catch it in those episodes, or he doesn't want to catch them. The consistency is weird though, as Ash first encounters and wants a dunsparce in Black and White, and then in X and Y he finds another one and wants to catch it., and doesn't due to other reasons. I hope he catches one eventually.

The only time Ash kept his memory was in Mew-Two Returns in that Movie Ash was confused when Mew-Two talked about his past but that movie Mew-Two let Ash keep his Memory.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Maybe he's not simply forgetting stuff, but rather he wants to forget everything, so that he can experience everything again as if it was new?

Back