• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team suggestions?

Mr.Wurmple

Advanced Wurmple Trainer
Years
  • I've played Pokemon Y for a while, but I can't win the Elite 4?!
    Where do you train, and do you have a team suggestion?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I'm gonna move this into BTB's In-game team help section, since it fits better there.
    Moved.

It'd help if we knew what your team is and roughly what level you're at, but a good place to train is at the Battle Chateau on Route 7. You can battle Trainers in there every hour or so, though the may be a bit low in level if you haven't battled there much. You could also try one of the restaurants in Lumiose City to get Exp.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As far as team suggestions go, one Pokémon I'd definitely recommend you to try is Talonflame. Preferably, one with Gale Wings. With this ability, you're always allowed to go first if you are using flying-type attacks, which, if you ask me, is a pretty huge deal, as it has access to Brave Bird and Roost--they're very viable. Brave Bird does a load of damage, but winds up hurting you with recoil, but if you also have Roost on its move-set, you'd be able to recover those health instantly.

I've had this Pokémon on my team for a long, long time, and still do; love using it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2015
    My team went through the Elite Four and Champion with ease. Here is my team with levels and move list.

Lucario Lv 72 holding Lucarionite

Power-up Punch
    Dragon Pulse
    Close Combat
    Exreme Speed

Kadabra Lv 72

Recover
    Psychic
    Future Sight
    Psybeam

Yveltal Lv 72

Psychic
    Oblivion Wing
    Dragon Rush
    Dark Pulse

Venusaur Lv 72 holding Venusaurite

Sleep Powder
    Strength
    Solar Beam
    Frenzy Plant

Delphox Lv 72

Blast Burn
    Cut
    Fire Pledge
    Psychic

Hydreigon Lv 72

Dragon Rush
    Hyper Voice
    Dragon Pulse
    Crunch

Since my pokemon were higher level then the Elite Four and Champion I was able to go first which helped out a lot. I also used a walkthrough site by IGN. When you're training be sure to turn Exp. Share on to level your whole team faster.

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Which team do you have now? Then its easier to help you with your team :)

Back