• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Sapphire team :)

Years
  • Hello! Recently I've decided to replay sapphire, and I want people's opinions on my team! Constructive criticism is appreciated, I don't have the move sets figured out so any help with that would be much appreciated!

Team:

Blaziken
    Absol
    Swellow
    Gardevoir
    Manectric
    Milotoc

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd consider swapping either Absol or Gardevoir with Breloom. It could learn Spore, which makes your opponent fall asleep instantly. Once they are, you could immediately begin taking them out without having to worry about anything. Rest of your team are looking great!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I can't say I agree with that suggestion. Breloom takes a ton of experience to level up once it reaches around level 50 and you can't evolve it until level 53. Shroomish is terrible when it's IV bred and EV trained, so I can't imagine using one in-game for Spore. Your time is much more efficiently used training a superior in-game Fighting-type, and Blaziken is already perfect for that role.

I don't know what Absol is really doing for you, and you get it late and at a low level.

In terms of movesets, use Sky Uppercut/Blaze Kick for sure. I like the combo of Bulk up and Strength to set up on pokes that give you free turns (like Drake's Shelgon), but you can be more aggressive with Fire Blast and Hyper Beam in the last two slots since you can switch it out after kills.

Manectric wants Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, and uhhh who cares? Bite is good to beat weak Ground-types. RNGing for Hidden Power is a major waste of time in-game.

Milotic should be running Surf and Ice Beam. The rest doesn't matter, but Recover is definitely a great choice, and either Rain Dance or Hydro Pump can provide some extra power.

Swellow can run Return, a Flying move (Fly is the strongest but prolongs battles), Facade to take advantage of guts, and a filler, maybe a second Flying move or (lol) Steel Wing,

Gardevoir should be running Thunderbolt, Psychic, Calm Mind, and Hypnosis.

The last Pokemon to replace Absol should be...nothing? Honestly, you're plenty well-equipped to beat the Elite Four. Kyogre is plenty fine when you capture it, and Drizzle can help Milotic and Manectric. I can give Battle Tower advice but that takes real strategy and seems to be far on the horizon.

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    If think you should take Manectric from your team if you are going to keep Gardevoir. Gardevoir has better special attack and can learn Thunderbolt.
    Swellow is fast but not so strong. If you want a strong flying type I recommend to have a Salamence. It takes time to train but it is a real powerhouse!
    You already have a fighting type in your team so you should consider another grass type. Cacturne is actually very strong, it takes time to train as Salamence but you will not regret it! :D

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • oooooh, you have gardevoir, already have my vote (she is one of two of my favourite pokemon)! she can be quite strong if you can get her over onto emerald for the move tutor to teach her ice punch. she gets to be quite versatile with calm mind/psychic/ice punch/thunderbolt as a moveset due to overall coverage. i've always been fond of swellow in RSE as a collective whole, between Return and Facade, swellow can prove to be quite the strong addition to the team too due to STABs. i'm not overly familiar with how to use the rest of your team though (preferences mostly). what levels are your pokemon for this team, and could you supply a moveset for them to give a better idea what you're working with?

Years
  • I assume that team is not for competetive battling so it's seems good :)
    But I think having some Pokémon with some status moves (Like toxic, spore etç..) would be good.

Back