• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "But we already know how to catch pokemon."

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
  • I don't recall the game forcing you to watch a stranger catch a Pokemon in Gen I. Why not just make it optional? A simple "Hey my little child, do you know how to catch a Pokemon?" Yes/No. Problem solved, no?

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
    Years
  • have a help menu where it has all the basic things explained. that really would've helped me out when i first started. anyone here played mario and luigi: bowser's inside story? kind of like the item practice menu in that.

Student D1

De-Wott?
    Years
  • I wish they could make the tutorials optional this time. Not everyone needs to review once more 'bout it, but there are still novice trainers who wants to play the newer versions but still need to learn the basic 101 in the world of Pokémon. However, tutorials doesn't always target to new players; it also targets at old players, giving us a recap of things even if we may already know it.

But anyways, I really liked the Teachy TV key item in FireRed and LeafGreen, though! It felt more entertaining than the rest of the tutorials in other versions, since it feels like you're watching a show , and it was more quicker to understand, in my opinion. Not only does it have a catching tutorial, it also have different tutorials in other matters. I wish they reintroduce it; it'd be fun watching the tutorials this time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I am sick of the tutorials lol. I'd just like some other way to get them, like Right click or Left click...? Like back in the original days! Some of us have played for way too long and they have to start thinking about us by not having annoying tutorials ;_;

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    They won't be getting rid of it for players that may or may not move on to Gen 6. They make these games for kids, not adults. Each generation is made with the intent to pull new, younger fans into the franchise.

Plus, the tutorials only take up an extremely short amount of time and once you're done with them, that's the end of it. It's not like they take hours to finish anyway.

Back