• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    This is an idea I've been thinking bout lately, how about a virtual reality RP tournament where all the best players from all other Virtual reality games are invited, but with some kind of twist like not being able to leave the game and/or when you die in game you die in real life?
    And sorry if that's not enough info, I'm still ironing the idea out

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • This is an idea I've been thinking bout lately, how about a virtual reality RP tournament where all the best players from all other Virtual reality games are invited, but with some kind of twist like not being able to leave the game and/or when you die in game you die in real life?
    And sorry if that's not enough info, I'm still ironing the idea out

So . . . basically Sword Art Online, but with all of the characters being renowned players, as well as more gladiatorial styled combat? It's certainly an idea that can be done, though there is already a Sword Art Online roleplay going, and another SAO-esque roleplay in the form of CLOUD.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    So . . . basically Sword Art Online, but with all of the characters being renowned players, as well as more gladiatorial styled combat? It's certainly an idea that can be done, though there is already a Sword Art Online roleplay going, and another SAO-esque roleplay in the form of CLOUD.

Something like that, though I may add other ways of fighting, not sure yet. And if there's already two out I'll just wait and iron out the idea until there's a good time for it

Years
  • Hello, as a new member of PC, I was wondering whether I could be a part of some role-playing action.

I'm a fairly experienced role-player, and from time to time participate in role-playing with friends. I don't really have a preference on genres for role-plays, but I can say that I tend to favour fantasy and/or Pokemon role-plays over other themes.

But umm...I'd love to be a part of some RP~ If anyone has a role-play recommendation for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. And uh...thanks for reading, if you have!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello, as a new member of PC, I was wondering whether I could be a part of some role-playing action.

I'm a fairly experienced role-player, and from time to time participate in role-playing with friends. I don't really have a preference on genres for role-plays, but I can say that I tend to favour fantasy and/or Pokemon role-plays over other themes.

But umm...I'd love to be a part of some RP~ If anyone has a role-play recommendation for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. And uh...thanks for reading, if you have!
    Welcome to the forums and to the Roleplay Corner! Good thing that you found the RPD (this thread) because here you can get help and opinion on anything RP-related.

There are a lot of different RPs active now. I'd recommend you to browse the Roleplay Lounge subforum and see if any RPs that sound interesting to you are announcing open spots. Maybe start with the RPs featured in the big banner above the threads (the picture with the flying whales) because they are the newest and might not have started or filled up their spots yet!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Hello, as a new member of PC, I was wondering whether I could be a part of some role-playing action.

Hey, welcome to the forums! Great to see you there.

Aside from what Adventure said, I'd like to point you out to the Roleplay Library. It regroups RP in different categories so you might want to give it a look. I just updated it today except for some ratings but I'm lazy. Hope you have plenty of fun!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Too quiet here!

At least there's plenty of activity out in the forums :3 So you guys are RPing just fine despite school starting up again?

Years
  • Well I wouldn't worry too much Sacred, there's RPs popping up pretty frequently here so you'll definitely be able to get yourself into plenty. Heck, I have three in the works right now xD

EmeraldRarity

Music Loving Pokefam~
    Years
  • Well I wouldn't worry too much Sacred, there's RPs popping up pretty frequently here so you'll definitely be able to get yourself into plenty. Heck, I have three in the works right now xD
    I ain't worried none, I have one pending as we speak. So it'll be fun :3 and I'll be sure to join yours if they interest me

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Too quiet here!

At least there's plenty of activity out in the forums :3 So you guys are RPing just fine despite school starting up again?
    I'm homeschooled, so it doesn't really matter much to me whether or not it's summer since I have plenty of time either way :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm sorry I've been so ~floaty~. Been mostly moderating under the cover of darkness lately!

Anywho - what do people think of a group roleplay that is designed by the group as a whole, rather than just the GM? As in it's a completely shared vision, where only the laws of the world are decided by the GM - towns, cities, locations, heroes and lore would be a collaboration effort.

I know in some ways, this has been done before. There are a few close knit groups you do this naturally, to an extent, but would anyone be interested in having a say in the world their character lives in?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sorry I've been so ~floaty~. Been mostly moderating under the cover of darkness lately!

Anywho - what do people think of a group roleplay that is designed by the group as a whole, rather than just the GM? As in it's a completely shared vision, where only the laws of the world are decided by the GM - towns, cities, locations, heroes and lore would be a collaboration effort.

I know in some ways, this has been done before. There are a few close knit groups you do this naturally, to an extent, but would anyone be interested in having a say in the world their character lives in?
    I was thinking about that once. I ended up with Game of Chance instead 8) sometimes as a GM you enjoy having the final say on where the plot is heading towards.

Years
  • I have to follow Doctors line for the most part.

The idea sounds really cool in theory, but really in these RPs the players already do a lot to shape the story and mythos of worlds. I try to allow a bit of leniency for that sort of thing and am always open for suggestions. Anything beyond that would be an organisational nightmare and coming from the GMs point of view I don't like the idea of having less control.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back