• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Years
  • No way! I freaking love this game, finally a fire red hack with more than the 1-3rd gen pokemons, but its not fun anymore after finding out that the vs seeker was not in it :( is there anyway that this game could have the vs seeker? Another question, why was it even got left out?

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No way! I freaking love this game, finally a fire red hack with more than the 1-3rd gen pokemons, but its not fun anymore after finding out that the vs seeker was not in it :( is there anyway that this game could have the vs seeker? Another question, why was it even got left out?

a. Yes, but only by cheating. However, in my experience (played through this about 4 times), I really never needed the VS seeker, at the recharging made it inconvenient. Besides, I always found the VS seeker in regular Firered not too necessary: I only needed it for grinding my team for elite 4, and the E4 in this hack in my experience are on par with your own pokemon, should you stick to only 6 of them.

b. Editing movesets of every trainer in Kanto is pretty time consuming to do for one time around. Doing it 2-3 times takes longer, and Doesn't felt like it was less time consuming just to cut the VS Seeker all together. Besides, it makes the game more challenging, as either you develop a strategy for the boss fights, get a better teammate, or simply grind on the wilds.

Don't really see how a pretty useless item in my experience prevents you from enjoying a hack that's quite balanced for a non-official game (save for Hustle Outrage Zweilous at relatively early level), with a challenge that keeps the game interesting.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Since my question before wasn't answered I gotta repeat because I've wanted to continue playing but I got a very important question that needs answering before I do.

If breeding is not enabled, please tell me that with regards to EV training that the EV reducing berries are available. Because there's no point in even using the macho brace if not and I really don't wanna have to restart my game after having assembled a fairly good team to work with to play the harder patches to make EVs nonexistant or be forced to get the starters you get from trades to be able to have a EV trained Serperior...

tudou

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Since my question before wasn't answered I gotta repeat because I've wanted to continue playing but I got a very important question that needs answering before I do.

If breeding is not enabled, please tell me that with regards to EV training that the EV reducing berries are available. Because there's no point in even using the macho brace if not and I really don't wanna have to restart my game after having assembled a fairly good team to work with to play the harder patches to make EVs nonexistant or be forced to get the starters you get from trades to be able to have a EV trained Serperior...

Why not get the starters? They get more exp gains, and should listen to you if you have most of the badges. I can understand if you just dislike the nicknames they come with.

EV reducing berries are most likely a pain in the butt to add in to Fire Red, as at least the new choice specs in this game have some precedence in Choice Band. It's just simply not worth it to do so much work just to add in some items only a few people would be willing to use. But, then again, that applies to Heat Rock and Damp Rock too...

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Why not get the starters? They get more exp gains, and should listen to you if you have most of the badges. I can understand if you just dislike the nicknames they come with.

EV reducing berries are most likely a pain in the butt to add in to Fire Red, as at least the new choice specs in this game have some precedence in Choice Band. It's just simply not worth it to do so much work just to add in some items only a few people would be willing to use. But, then again, that applies to Heat Rock and Damp Rock too...

Way to miss the point of what I said, not to mention completely misunderstand it in the same go.

tudou

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Way to miss the point of what I said, not to mention completely misunderstand it in the same go.

Well, I did say EV-reducing berries are not in the game before I discussed heat and damp rocks, because that feature was introduced in Emerald, not Fire Red. Which answers your first request, because you know.
    Ok, now that I think about it, I can understand that you don't want to be forced into one option. I was just saying that it isn't a bad option.

If I got a bit carried away, sorry for that. But if you're still not satisfied, rephrase your concerns, because I can't totally understand what exactly you want to know.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I did say EV-reducing berries are not in the game before I discussed heat and damp rocks, because that feature was introduced in Emerald, not Fire Red. Which answers your first request, because you know.
    Ok, now that I think about it, I can understand that you don't want to be forced into one option. I was just saying that it isn't a bad option.

If I got a bit carried away, sorry for that. But if you're still not satisfied, rephrase your concerns, because I can't totally understand what exactly you want to know.

Sorry if I sounded snarky my point was that in a game like this it's really hard to EV train if a game like this is built with Fire Red as a rom base, especially since one can't really EV train properly and easilly on hacks built on bases other than emerald. I mean I dunno if the daycare with the breeding center is accessable only post game in this hack like the original fire red, and if it is, that makes a great deal of this game needlessly difficult. It would be nice to not have to worry abot it but in games where the difficulty is raised up, that kinda puts some players in a position where they can't really play the game effectively.

I get that EV berries don't exist in fire red or other 3rd gen games prior to emerald, I wanted to ask what the heck is done with the game with regard to EV training. The only way to EV train from there is to breed new pokemon, and if the breeding center is not available earlier in the game then it just makes this hack unplayable if we can't build a team up from the start of the game. I mean if the breeding center is post game, then what use is EV training especially when even the main game practically demands it be done?

tudou

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry if I sounded snarky my point was that in a game like this it's really hard to EV train if a game like this is built with Fire Red as a rom base, especially since one can't really EV train properly and easilly on hacks built on bases other than emerald. I mean I dunno if the daycare with the breeding center is accessable only post game in this hack like the original fire red, and if it is, that makes a great deal of this game needlessly difficult. It would be nice to not have to worry abot it but in games where the difficulty is raised up, that kinda puts some players in a position where they can't really play the game effectively.

I get that EV berries don't exist in fire red or other 3rd gen games prior to emerald, I wanted to ask what the heck is done with the game with regard to EV training. The only way to EV train from there is to breed new pokemon, and if the breeding center is not available earlier in the game then it just makes this hack unplayable if we can't build a team up from the start of the game. I mean if the breeding center is post game, then what use is EV training especially when even the main game practically demands it be done?

My guess is that the hacker thinks that EVs in general give the player the advantage, no matter whatever stat they end up in. Because mostly all of a Pokemon's stats are going to be useful in some shape or form. For example, a Blaziken would especially enjoy attack and speed, but hp, special defense, and defense are also useful in the situation it would have to take a hit. Even special attack might be useful should it run a special fire move.

The only way that EVs will be useful is when they are put into an irrelevant attacking stat, such as special attack for Gliscor. And unless someone really tries to, he or she probably won't get a large majority of EVs there.

I think that's what the hacker was thinking when he made macho brace available, and having difficulty patches without EVs. It's not about choosing which stat the EVs are dumped into, it is the matter of gaining EVs in general.
    That's what I'm understanding.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    My guess is that the hacker thinks that EVs in general give the player the advantage, no matter whatever stat they end up in. Because mostly all of a Pokemon's stats are going to be useful in some shape or form. For example, a Blaziken would especially enjoy attack and speed, but hp, special defense, and defense are also useful in the situation it would have to take a hit. Even special attack might be useful should it run a special fire move.

The only way that EVs will be useful is when they are put into an irrelevant attacking stat, such as special attack for Gliscor. And unless someone really tries to, he or she probably won't get a large majority of EVs there.

I think that's what the hacker was thinking when he made macho brace available, and having difficulty patches without EVs. It's not about choosing which stat the EVs are dumped into, it is the matter of gaining EVs in general.
    That's what I'm understanding.

Hmm I didn't know there was a difficulty patch that took them away. I guess I'll use it then.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    Hey, is anyone experiencing the same bug as me where the boulder as soon as you enter the cave, in seafoam island disappears when you've pushed it down the hole?

P.S I'm a new user this is my first post, be kind :D

Last edited:

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • How many pokemons in total?
    Are new moves ADDED or REPLACED?
    Are there new abilities?
    Moveset according to which Gen?

so many questions not answered in main post :(

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I asked in TOTAL, how can there be only 150 pokemons IN TOTAL in a 3rd gen game where by default there are 386 pokemons? -_-

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I asked in TOTAL, how can there be only 150 pokemons IN TOTAL in a 3rd gen game where by default there are 386 pokemons? -_-

I guess the author wanted to keep it simple? Even the Sevii Islands are gone after all.

tudou

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How many pokemons in total?
    Are new moves ADDED or REPLACED?
    Are there new abilities?
    Moveset according to which Gen?

so many questions not answered in main post :(

Here you go:
    1. 151 from gens 1-5 are available (only 1 found postgame), and the rest of the 235 slots are either blank or replaced with a boss pokemon used postgame.
    2. Moves from gens 4-5 are present, and have replaced some old ones.
    3. New abilities (if what you mean by new is non-native to gen 3). The picture of the Dragonite with Multiscale in the main post confirms this.
    4. The Pokemon have new movesets. A text file containing the new movesets are included in the download.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2015
    I need help actually playing it :(
    I read the readme.txt But i dont get it
    what does it mean when it says this
    Apply the included patch "Yet Another Fire Red Hack v1.16" to the ROM. You want the one that is 2 megabytes, not the one that's 2 kilobytes.
    I dont know what it means when it says aplly the included patch D:

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • I need help actually playing it :(
    I read the readme.txt But i dont get it
    what does it mean when it says this
    Apply the included patch "Yet Another Fire Red Hack v1.16" to the ROM. You want the one that is 2 megabytes, not the one that's 2 kilobytes.
    I dont know what it means when it says aplly the included patch D:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I asked in TOTAL, how can there be only 150 pokemons IN TOTAL in a 3rd gen game where by default there are 386 pokemons? -_-
    Pretty simple really, you keep the regional dex on so you can focus on balancing out 151.

Kanto is a small region compared to others anyway. Too many more and it's hard to juggle/balance things right outside of "way too easy" when talking about gameplay difficulty. YAFRH is just right because of that, and I like it for that reason.

Typhlosionn

Blazing Fury
    Years
  • You guys took out the whole Sevii Islands portion? I think that makes the game way too short :/ If it is meant to be a difficulty hack, then a more difficult Sevii Islands would be great.

Back