• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Pokemon! 1/50 chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Hello everyone, I am Draxgonix and I wanted to share something with all the pokemon universe, and also reveal the mystery of a particular item in the game and how it will be used to encounter these shiny pokemon.
    Today, I will be teaching you how to get shiny pokemon 1/50 instead of the old 1/8192. I hope at the end of this guide you will catch many shinies!

Disclaimer:
    *I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS LOST. IF THIS GUIDE DID NOT WORK FOR YOU THEN YOU DID NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY, AND DON'T FORGET TO SAVE BEFORE STARTING THIS GUIDE!!*

Also remember that this guide is for POKEMON X AND Y

Initially, get a flying type pokemon (to fly around towns.) Super repel, at least 10 super repels in case you mess up. Strange souvenir, (this is actually where it comes into play!) and heartscale. Any fishing rod.
    You also had to have beaten the elite four and champion before continuing.

Lumiose city - You want to go to Lumiose city and go to the prism tower and use the super repel. Keep running around until it runs out, do not use another, simply press no and go to your bag. Select the heartscale and discard it.

Inkay - Next you must capture an Inkay, you can get one from Route 8. Why do we need an inkay? It has suction cups and this will help us with our next step.

Encounter - Next you want to go the shore of ambrette, move your inkay to the first slot of your party (make sure its ability is suction cups) and start fishing. Once you get in a battle run away immediately. Repeat this until you get 40 battles total, makes sure in between those battles you don't miss to encounter a pokemon. Once you get 40 battles total, read the next step.

Dendemille - Head to dendemille, then head north into the frost cavern. Go inside of the cave and head to the place where Abomasnow is. Here we will use a super repel, run around and right when it tells you to use another super repel press no and then go to your bag and discard the Strange Souvenir. Now you may exit the cave and start finding those shinies!

Q/A

Q: Will this work with breeding pokemon?
    A: Yes it will work with breeding, though the chances of getting a shiny will increase if you use the masuda method.

Q: I can't find any shinies, HELP!?
    A: You did not follow directions, power off and try again. Or just keep looking for a shiny.

Q: Is this permanent?
    A: It will only last until you power off your system or exit the game, so catch as many as you can! (Or don't exit or power off at all.)

Last edited:

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Sure, whatever you say...

Aren't you missing a few steps? First you're suppose to swim from the SS Anne until you find a small island. There you'll find a truck. Use strength to move the truck and voila, a "Pikablu."

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Thanks. Got 2 shiny Pokemon off of this the first hour. But stopped working once i turned it off and back on.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I appreciate that you're trying to share your knowledge with the community but I'm going to ask you to provide actual evidence (i.e. from a video or a reputable source) of this working. If you're unable to do so, I'm going to close this, lest we have some of our members mindlessly throwing away their items. >_>

edit: actually, I'm going to close it now before it gets too big. If you have evidence as described above, please don't hesitate to send it to me via a PM.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back