• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EPICMEALTIME (Wifi RMT)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
EPICMEALTIME
Probably one of the greatest cooking shows ever, these guys do some crazy epic meals that mostly look delicious, such as massive cakes made out of macaroni and cheese or a lasagna constructed out of fast food, even building a house out of pure meat. This team is dedicated to the awesomeness of EpicMealTime, with each team member representing one of EpicMealTime's dishes as a nickname (nicknames in shorter forms on PO).

Team Building

Haxorus is a beast, so I definitely started out with him. Latios provided Dual Dragon offensive techniques from both sides of the spectrum when coupled with Haxorus. Ferrothorn acts as a defensive pivot on the team to help provide Stealth Rock. Mamoswine just provides power and gives a lot of help to a team that can use Ice priority to knock off dragons. Scizor gives more priority support, and Rotom can cripple walls with Trick or dent things hard with Specs Boosted attacks.

473.gif
479-W.gif
598.gif
612.gif
212.gif
381.gif

473.gif
@ Focus Sash
Meal: Boar Bacon Cake
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine has a ridiculous amount of power, and succeeds at the lead role greatly, being able to effectively deal with Tyranitar, Thundurus, and other such leads. Earthquake smacks down Tar, Stone Edge provides additional coverage, Icicle Spear allows me to break Substitutes- a neccessity for things like Espeon and Whimsicott- and Ice Shard provides priority.

"More bacon? More like- Boar bacon!"

479-W.gif
@ Choice Specs
Meal: Ninja Turtle Soup
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Specs Rotom can actually hit hard with Hydro Pump, denting a lot of common walls. Trick allows me to cripple annoyances such as Ferrothorn and Blissey. Volt Switch is one of my scouting moves on the team, the other being Scizor's U-Turn. Dual Scouting really gives an advantage and allows me to bring in the right Pokemon at the right time. Hidden Power Fire gives me the jump on Ferrothorn and other Grass types that could come in.

"Turtle Soup? Smells disgusting. Let's put some of that goody goody (bacon)."

598.gif
@ Leftovers
Meal: Bacon Nachos
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

This provides Stealth Rock and recovery for my team through Leech Seed, and makes a very useful defensive pivot. Power Whip and Gyro Ball are essentially standard attacks, and I prefer using both so I can hit more than just Water/Ground types with something hard.

"I love nachos. Using crispy bacon as chips, and tequila guac instead of guac guac? Smart."

612.gif
@ Choice Band
Meal: Ben Roethlisberger 50 pound SuperBowl Sandwich
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dual Chop
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Haxorus hits like a truck with a CHoice Band. There's no better way to describe it. Outrage can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much everything that doesn't resist it, and really its only true counter is Skarmory thanks to Bronzong's Levitate cancelling out to Mold Breaker. Brick Break can do damage against Skarm and Ballon Steels, however.

"20 pounds of bacon, 20 pounds of ground beef! 10 pound bun? Well that's a 50 pound SuperBowl burger."

212.gif
@ Choice Band
Meal: Epic Hor'Doeurves
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Scizor mainly serves as a secondary scout and a priority revenge killer, two things that really help out the team. U-Turn and Bullet Punch are the most common moves that Scizor uses, but Pursuit does come in handy when squaring off against stat-lowered Latios or Reuniclus that lack Hidden Power Fire and attempt to flee. Superpower is great to catch Heatran or Tyranitar on the switch.

"Mini Mac Pizzas! Bacoon Ragoon... with crabs. Bacon weave tacos, with tequila guac, and salsa guac! Steak and bacon burritos! 2-dimensional bacon with caviar! Baconator potato skins, cream cheesy bacon balls. Philly cheese steak bacon quiches. Jalapeno bacon cream cheese poppers. Bacon wrapped mac sliders, and bacon tarts... really nice bacon tarts."

381.gif
@ Life Orb
Meal: Puzzle of the Lambs- Cerberus
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The other powerful hitting dragon on the team, Latios attacks from the special side of the offensive spectrum, coming down hard with Draco Meteors and Surfs on teams. Psyshock let's me smack around special walls, and Hidden Power Fire gives me the jump on Ferrothorn and Scizor and Forretress. This guy actually works quite well with Ferrothorn, since Ferro can take the Bug, Ice, Dark, or Dragon attacks aimed at Latios and Latios can take Fire, Fighting, or Ground attacks aimed at Ferro (a lot of people like to use Earthquake on Ferro, giving Latios a free switch-in).

"Cerberus. The tri-head that guards the Underworld. Bacon lamb burgers in its butt."

Threats:
530.png
Excadrill- If Rotom comes in on an Earthquake, it can take any of Excadrill's attacks and finish it with Hydro Pump. Latios falls in the same boat but has to watch for X-Scissor.
534.png
Conkeldurr- Latios kills in one shot with Draco Meteor, but could otherwise be problematic. Luckily Guts version is easier with Latios because it can take a Mach Punch and swoop down with Draco Meteor since burn already chips away at Conkelderp's health.
635.png
Hydreigon- Ferrothorn laughs at it's Dragon attacks, Mamoswine can abuse its Ice Shard or Icicle Spear, Latios outspeeds and beats it.
637.png
Volcarona- This is a problem if it gets a Butterfly Dance up, so I need a way to beat it.
639.png
Terrakion-Scizor can kill off with Bullet Punch, or Latios can outspeed and KO with surf. Scarf X-Scissor could be problematic to Latios, though.
645.png
Landorus- Mamoswine can Ice Shard, Latios is faster and wins with Surf.
609.png
Chandelure-Rotom is faster and can live Shadow Ball from Scarfed versions to smack around with Hydro Pump.
612.png
Haxorus- Latios is faster than non-Scarf versions, Ferrothorn walls it if it locks itself into Outrage and can Leech Seed and sap at it's health. Mamoswine can pick off weakened ones, as can Scizor.
640.png
Virizion- Scizor and Mamoswine both do well here with their priority attacks, and Latios can also outspeed and deliver a Draco Meteor to it.
642.png
Thundurus- Mamoswine has a field day with this guy.
560.png
Scrafty- Another problematic threat, especially the Bulk Up version. Scizor can beat Dragon Dance versions with Superpower, but Latios can't OHKO with Draco Meteor, so it can be a problem if it gets a Bulk Up.
579.png
Reuniclus- Scizor beats non-HP Fire Versions, and Rotom can Trick it if it tries to Calm Mind up or hammer it with Shadow Ball.
494.png
Victini- Rotom can beat it, Latios can outspeed and Surf it.
620.png
Mienshao- Scizor one-shots with Bullet Punch.
555.png
Darmanitan- Rotom can beat it out, as can Latios.
641.png
Tornadus- Latios can come in to revenge non-Scarf versions, Scizor can take it down with a Bullet Punch, and Mamoswine can Ice Shard it.
380.png
Latias- Mamoswine and Scizor have fun with Latias, and Ferrothorn can take its Dragon attacks.
445.png
Garchomp-Mamoswine can Ice Shard it, Latios is faster than scarfed versions and can revenge it as well, Ferrothorn slowly wears down those locked into Outrage.
373.png
Salamence- Latios and Mamoswine both do great jobs here.
091.png
Cloyster- Even at +2, Scizor's Bullet Punch can still beat Cloyster's Ice Shard in terms of damage to the opponent, KOing Cloyster.
186.png
Politoed- Ferrothorn and Rotom-W generally force it out with Power Whip or Volt Switch.
003.png
Venusaur- Scizor can Bullet Punch or Mamoswine can Ice Shard Chlorophyll Forms. (how else is it in OU lol)
038.png
Ninetails- Earthquake from Mamoswine or Haxorus is hands down the best option here.
454.png
Toxicroak- Latios does a great job, Scizor can priority revenge it, and Haxorus can wipe it out with Earthquake.
286.png
Breloom- Ice Shard from Mamoswine and a boosted attack from Latios or Haxorus work, but Spore is annoying and will get one guy at least. Haxorus can also break Breloom's subs with Dual Chop and stop Focus Punch.
212.png
Scizor- Latios' Hidden Power does the trick, but Rotom can also deal serious damage with Hydro Pump.
272.png
Ludicolo- Ferrothorn takes the Leech Seeds and can use Power Whip to wear Ludi down, Latios can bring down with Draco Meteor.
376.png
Metagross- Haxorus and Mamoswine both take it down.
392.png
Infernape- Latios walls everything but U-Turn on Infernape, and Rotom can also net a kill with Hydro Pump.
485.png
Heatran- Latios and Rotom have Surf, Scizor has Superpower, Haxorus and Mamoswine both have Earthquake. Check.
149.png
Dragonite- Mamoswine, Latios, and Haxorus all outspeed and bring it down. Hopefully Stealth Rock is up when it's in to nullify Multi-Scale.
547.png
Whimsicott- Mamoswine and Haxorus can both break it's subs, Ferrothorn can take Leech Seeds and Wall it.
385.png
Jirachi- Ferrothorn walls all but Fire Punch/ Superachi, Mamoswine and Haxorus can both use Earthquake to deal damage.
479-wash.png
Rotom-W- Ferrothorn and Latios can bring it down, and Rotom can take its trick to annoy it.
130.png
Gyarados- Latios beats with Thunderbolt.
245.png
Suicune- Ferrothorn can Leech Seed and wall Suicune, Scizor and Haxorus both dent it hard, and Latio can nail with Thunderbolt.
141.png
Kabutops- Scizor's priority moves can bring it down, Ferrothorn laughs at it, and Latios can Thunderbolt Kabutops but has to be wary for X-Scissor,
248.png
Tyranitar- Mamoswine, Scizor, and Haxorus all have powerful attacks to smack down this beast with.
472.png
Gliscor- Mamoswine, Rotom, and Latios can dish it out their super effective attacks to bring down Gliscor.

Well, that's all I have. Please rate and help me make changes!!

"Next time, we eat Pikachu!"

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Psyshock is better than T-Bolt on Latios. Thunderbolt doesn't even hit anything that the rest of your moves wont destroy. Psyshock lets you murder special walls and acts as a "safe STAB move" move so you don't have to get -2 from Draco Meteor to plow through things.

EDIT:

Also HP Fire is better than Shadow Ball on Rotom-W. It hits move of its common switch ins see: grass types and Ferrothorn.

Back