• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Aspertia City vs Nuvema Town

Years
  • Which of the two starting towns did you prefer, stylistically, geographically, and plot wise? Did you like waking up to start your adventure in sleepy little Nuvema? Or did you like the hustle and bustle (and gym) or Aspertia?

Years
  • I liked Aspertia City better, because it was more unique as far as starting towns go in that it was a city instead of a small town, and having things like a Pokemon Center and the Gym. Also, don't forget that lookout.

Years
  • As with the two posters above, Aspertia City. It's beautiful, is the first opening town to have a Pokémon Center or a Gym, never mind both of them, and there's that outlook which has that wide view of the region from there. And I like how when you're there, you can answer No when Bianca asks you to complete the Pokédex and she'll say that she thinks she misheard you. :P

Oh, and it proves that the region is totally not rehashed/the same game/copy/paste (seriously, I can't believe people still make that claim to this day, all anyone has to do to refute that fact is leave their friggin' house).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I say Aspertia as well, mainly for the reasons Hikari said. Nuvema is basically another Pallet/NewBark/LittleRoot/Twinleaf. Basically a boring, tiny little village that has all of the players house, the rivals houses, and the Professor's lab. It's not like Aspertia's an amzaing city, but it at least breaks somewhat from the mold of the previous 5 starting towns.

Sirfetch’d

Both were pretty cool. Nuvema reminded me a lot of Verdanturf town for some reason and I don't really know why XD If I had to pick one though it would definitely be Aspertia City just because of how unique it was to have a freaking gym!

Now can we please have a game where we start in a HUGE city like Mauville :o

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm going with Aspertia City as well. It's the first starting city, which makes it stands out, and I have a lot to go to in the city alone. The trainer school with the Gym inside it, a Pokémon Center, and also, I like the lookout <3

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Aspertia City because all other gens are starting town and it's only starting zone with gym, great lookout and a pokemon center

Years
  • I'm gonna deviate from everyone else, and go with Nuvema. Aspertia was pretty and it had an awesome view, but it didn't really hae as much charm as Nuvema did in my opinion. Nuvema had a lot better character (and the characters you meet there are better). Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I remember being really impressed by Nuvema upon first playing Black and White. I was impressed with Aspertia too, but it's not quite the same haha.

Years
  • I have to say Nuvema Town. The way in which you get your starter in your own house, as well as having a battle there immediately after just left a massive impression on me. Plus, I really like that you can visit it in BW2, just gives me a bit more nostalgia for the town overall.

Back