• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Yugioh series is your favorite?

Which ugioh series is your favorite?

• Yu-Gi-Oh

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yugioh the original one, since its the first one that I ever watched.

As for GX, I've only watch until about 100 episodes until I forgot what episode I stopped at and I stopped watching ever since.

As for 5Ds, heard of it, but have not watched it.

And WTF (first time swearing, but its short form) is Zexal.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Of all of them, I'd have to go with the original series, although it had its dark points - namely, everything after Yami Marik was beaten but before the last season, and the first series in which rules didn't exist and it was more like Bakugan than Yu-Gi-Oh! - at times. A fairly good cast, a great finale, and some very exciting duels, even if the outcome was obvious and they dragged on unnecessarily at times.

GX...I didn't really care for. I just couldn't like Judai as a character and, whilst the second season was much better than the first - see Judai getting trashed by Edo Phoenix was probably the highlight for me - it wasn't good enough to get me into it...and then there was the third and fourth seasons, which pretty much shut my interest in the franchise down until 5Ds started airing.

I really enjoyed the first season of 5Ds, but from that point afterwards I hate it even more than I do GX, because they absolutely destroyed Aki's character, and I will never forgive them for that. The series finale was worse than Death Note's, and that is shocking, considering how promising it was when it first aired. I wasn't overly bothered by the "card games on motorcycles" thing, to be honest; it was ridiculous, but it was quite interesting as well.

Zexal I've not seen...I'm reluctant to even give it a try, considering what a few of my friends have told me, and they know my tastes fairly well. If it ever gets shown on TV here I might watch an episode of two to see what it's like, but nothing I've seen really makes me want to watch it.

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
I enjoy GX's series with the Elemental Heroes, Dark Heroes but I think that 5D's is the best because of Crimson Dragon, Earthbound God and more. So, I will choose 5D's Series.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
I cried a little for 5D's. It was definitely the best personally for me, mostly because nobody cheated at the game (god damn season 1), and the cards weren't weirdly trash-tier or broken-tier like in GX. I highly doubt the theory that 5D's is based off Spiral Power as there's not really much correlation between Momentum and it; one is sort of like nuclear energy (in that it is fairly dangerous but powerful) and the other is a metaphysical concept given form by the sheer strength of one's willpower. While there might be some superficial similarities, I would not say that 5D's is unoriginal at all (I don't know why people hate on card games on motorcycles so much, they play card games normally too!).

Zexal is for kids. Whatever, I'll pass.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The original cause it was the only one I watched. I never really cared for the other series. I think I saw all most of all 5 seasons. I had a ton of cards and would duel my friends and brothers all the time. Then around 6th grade I lost interest. Somehow Pokemon stuck on but Yu-Gi-Oh didn't. I still have alot of the cards lying around on my bedroom floor, though I've burned some of them or threw them away.

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
the original or gx both were awesome but the newest one looks so stupid the protagonist looks like a a freak (well they all had crazy hair) but it's just odd looking for yu gi oh and like all of there new shows on cartoon network its stupid

Detwak

Meh.
Years
This was very hard question for me, seeing as my favourite character, Joey Wheeler, came from the Original series . But I picked GX since I watched each and every episode 3 to 4 times. I completely hated 5ds, but I havent seen Zexal yet.

Back