• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lornami Iki

Years
  • crystalball.png

I was tired of the girlie. D: I'll come back to her later, I'm out of ideas.

Years
  • Well, it just kinda works that way. xD;; I'm sorry I haven't been doing trainers very often because I enjoy these things better. Once I take my Figure Drawing class at SCAD next week I'll be trying some scratches.

Speaking of that one, I made a bit of an edit. I put it on dA and someone commented on how the very last one kinda jumps in darkness, making it to much. Then when I looked at it I saw how pale those last blues were, So I patched it up.
    crystalball2.png

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • >_> Damn, you've changed your name to something I can't pronounce. From now until it goes back to something I can comprehend I'm going to be thinking of you as Vines.

Anywho, the edit looks better. That lwast line wasn't horrible, but it was kinda out there.

The Shellder comment that I made earlier was a bad joke in referance to the fact that in every single opening movie before DPP, there's an underwater scene with Shellder at the bottom of the ocean. I hate Shellder.

The green thing at the top is a beach ball, right? It seems kinda lonely to me. D: I still like it, though.

I should coerce ask you to look at some of my sprites sometime. >>

Years
  • Vish-neh Tahn-ree-jah.

You can still call me Lornami, or Rica. I know it's an random section that's supposed to be Reejah, but w/e. Ah hah when I can change it if I don't let this one grown on me I might do Rıça.

:o Do you have a sprite thread? I'll look at your sprites, you've just go to show them to me. <3

Actually, when drawing the green thing was just supposed to be some sort of ball. In my head it was solid but when I put the water in everyone assumed it was a beach ball, so I just went with it.
    If it wasn't lonely it wouldn't be drifting out into the sea. x)

Years
  • dolly.png

Ew.

But, I tried. D: Even if it sucks I need to do something like this once to get the whole "I don't want to do it!" out of my system.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • dolly.png

Ew.

But, I tried. D: Even if it sucks I need to do something like this once to get the whole "I don't want to do it!" out of my system.
    Hmm..

Jaggedness all over the lines, low contrasted colour shades everywhere, ugly black lines with no selective outlining whatsoever, no anti-aliasing at all, no established light source, no smoothing, weird legs, a somewhat plain and ugly face, "special" looking expression, rounded hands.. Heh.

You could take these into account when making your next one, or if you plan on fixing this one.

Years
  • "Oh jee thanks. Obviously not one thing is worth noting is somewhat decent, so I just stop doing these. I mean, the guy laughed at me!"

:| You pointed out all the flaws, but didn't give an effort or really a want to show how I should fix it besides shooting off some terms.

Why are my legs weird? If I didn't see that in the first place, how am I supposed to fix it?
    Why is the expression "special" looking? I might think she looks perfectly fine, how am I supposed to fix it when I don't see or understand what is wrong with it?

"Draw a dog."
    "Okay."
    "He looks weird. Fix it."

If that person doesn't understand how it is wrong besides "it's wrong" you really aren't helping them at all.
    I did understand everything you said, but not without making myself want to not even sprite a person ever again. I don't think that's what criticism is supposed to do.

I don't really think all images should have to have AA, and I don't remember what smoothing is.
    Besides that, I agree with all of it, even though I do see a light source. I guess you mean it should be more defined.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I expected you to blow up at me. <3 Thank you very much for in depth criticism!

I just woke up so I need to do my morning routine then I'll sit down and read it all.

ADD: Read it all. (The little blobs friends/enemies was really funny. x) )
    I think I'm going to try a new person and leave the other one alone.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank zigelf, but do you have specific ones you like? Any technical aspect that you enjoy or think I could improve on?

Oh, I understand how AA could be used like that.
    I though you were talking about this
    Anti-aliased-diamonds.png
    Anti-aliased_diamond_enlarged.png
    really complicated type if it's not a simple shape like that. :x

I'm always hesitant about starting things, I don't know why. So my reaction is to always doodle.
    ornament.png

For smoothing is there any real process of which ones to make the same color as the shade? Or, which part of the outline to get rid of? I just kinda put them there and see how they fit, not really apply a "you should do that here" type of thing.

Years
  • That's actually what I kinda thought of, but I really don't know why there would be a pink Christmas ornament. xD

In watercolors we drew a few balls that had a strong light, and the shadow was like a gradient. So I added that. I may be dithering a bit too much seeing as a ball wouldn't really have that kind of texture...

ornamentshadow.png

Years
  • Lornami Used Revive!

Even if I hate the name Lornami Iki I'll stick with this thread. :< Don't expect frequent updates, I'm just on a HGSS kick right now.

gymleadermay.png
    maygymmugshot.png

ramietest.gif

Back