• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miror B.

"Music!"
Years
Advance Map question.

I have a custom made map saved as a file. When I go to insert it into a new ROM, it is always inserted under Littleroot Town. How can I change this to insert the map and replace Route 101?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Advance Map question.

I have a custom made map saved as a file. When I go to insert it into a new ROM, it is always inserted under Littleroot Town. How can I change this to insert the map and replace Route 101?
Change the map bank and map no. to what you want.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Can anyone tell me the offset of the image for the blinking thing when nurse joy heals you?
It's behind nurse joy's back. In tile molester please :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2017
How do you delete the pictures that show up when entering a certian important buildings?
I want to edit these maps but dont want those title screens on them.
I can't post a picture of what I mean because I havent posted on the site enought, but hopefully someone knows what Im talking about, and how to remove them.

-Thanks
-Mike

Miror B.

"Music!"
Years
How do you delete the pictures that show up when entering a certian important buildings?
I want to edit these maps but dont want those title screens on them.
I can't post a picture of what I mean because I havent posted on the site enought, but hopefully someone knows what Im talking about, and how to remove them.

-Thanks
-Mike

Open up the map in AdvanceMap. Click the Header Tab. Usingthe dropdown menu, change the option to "do not show name"

P.S. Can't someone answer my question?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
..okay Advance Trainer seems to work normal now.

Also rokrdude, Advance Trainer doesnt happen to import pictures. Id like to too, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Does anyone know of any trainer editing programs to use on a Mac? I can't find any!

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
I was messing around in Advance Map 1.92, making some changes to Mt. Moon in Fire Red, and now the warps on the first cave level don't work. All I did was reposition them. I checked the warp directions, but they seem to be correct. Then I thought it might be the behaviour byte of the 'stairs down' tile. I tried 08, 61, and 65 (65 is what works for the cave entrance), but nothing does it. I'm out of ideas. XD Any help would be very appreciated.

I think I got skipped. A little help?

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is there any tool other than yape for editing pokedex entry in RUBY?

YAPE worked fine untill i used item editor and advane mart on my rom but afterwrds it started giving me unexceptional handlinf error?

So any other tool suggested?

Miror B.

"Music!"
Years
Advance Map question.

When I inserted the map, I set it to "replace map 0.16" which is route 101's map bank and number. It is inserted as the correct bank and number, but it is still under Littleroot Town. Route 101 doesn't exist anymore.

I still need an answer. It would be greatly appreciated.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I still need an answer. It would be greatly appreciated.

In the Map Header part, there is a menu list (I think I may have answered this before... Oh well), with lists of locations. Select Route 101 in that list, then save. Reload the ROM in Advance Map, and it should be listed there.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is there any tool other than yape for editing pokedex entry in RUBY?

YAPE worked fine untill i used item editor and advance mart on my rom but afterwrds it started giving me unexceptional handling error?

So any other tool suggested?

Anyone has answer this question have asked couple of times but nobody seem to reply?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Anyone has answer this question have asked couple of times but nobody seem to reply?
Dexter. It's really ****** though. Mind posting exactly what the error says?

---

Okay. I was wondering what exactly triggers the animations of OWs(such as cut tree, rock smash, ect.). I noticed that there is an odd movement in the Cut Tree script(0x69, to be exact), and that seems to be the only thing possible. My question is, could there be more? Anyways, your insight would be greatly appreciated. I might be completely wrong about the movement. ^^

Last edited:

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

Today I wanted to script some things for my hack, with XSE and then when I have the script ready to compile nothing happens at all. Only on the bottom of the xse screen stands compiled in .. seconds but noting happens at all further. Yeas i have opend my rom in XSE beacuse I get the XSE screen by A-map by pressing the "open script" I have already downloud XSE already but haveing still the same.

Can somebuddy help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back