• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Ditto idea

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    So it's like regular Ditto, except it has 100 extra points into HP (so it would be the only pokemon to have base HP changed in battle). That would mean it's up there with the tanks for HP, but you can't use Imposter since it would transform before being able to mega evolve, meaning you have to use Limber and let your opponent would get a free attack in, and with 48 base speed, you'll also have to deal with 48 defense for the turn. You also sacrifice your held item.

As for its ability, it wouldn't really matter since it would be replaced immediately. Perhaps it could have something which prevents all damage from faster pokemon/priority moves, meaning that only pokemon slower than it could deal damage on the first turn, by which time it would already have the opposing pokemon's stats. I think that would make it a little OP though. Imagine a sweeper with 148 base HP.

Also, Transform can work on any pokemon around the user, making this a beast when you can choose what pokemon to transform it into. Start a triple battle with Ditto in the middle, have an unrelated pokemon use Wide Guard and have Ditto Transform into the other pokemon. You now have two of the same pokemon, one of which has a max HP of 255 at lvl 50. They could be sweepers, or Shuckles (Shuckle with 255 HP sounds scary), or a lot of things really. That is the entire point of Ditto.

Thoughts?

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I can't imagine Ditto as a Mega Ditto... Its design would probably look the same. I guess I kind of like your idea though. Maybe I should try to draw what Mega Ditto would look like later today.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I have a different idea for Mega Ditto. If Ditto transforms into a Pokemon that can mega-evolve, then the transformed Ditto can then mega evolve. Here's an example: Give Ditto it's mega stone, transform into a Charizard, then mega evolve into Mega Charizard. I guess that means Ditto would need two mega stones. Nevermind.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    hahaha i've never thought about this before. Its a really fun idea, but i'm afraid it will never happen

TheBaconToastie

Through the Sea of Time
    Years
  • I have a different idea for Mega Ditto. If Ditto transforms into a Pokemon that can mega-evolve, then the transformed Ditto can then mega evolve. Here's an example: Give Ditto it's mega stone, transform into a Charizard, then mega evolve into Mega Charizard. I guess that means Ditto would need two mega stones. Nevermind.

Hmm... I actually like this idea, Ditto could mimic another pokemon's Mega forme with it's own stone.

Back