• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugliest Pokemon

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • rhyperior's main draw over its evo is actually solid rock which helps it tank attacks such as focus blast and ice beam and survive physical water- and grass-type attacks. basically, if you calc you will see that against super effective attacks it gets 80 spdef and ~175 def which really is impressive.

also i'd say the genies' incarnate forms are even stupider. it's basically a copy of each other but with different colors and tails lol.

i don't see what's wrong with conkelurr. people seem to hate bulky designs and conk is sort of a 'weirdo' (kinda like rhyperior) because of its muscles and nose. i like it more than machamp, tbh.
    That may be true, but that doesn't change the fact that the actual stat distribution is extremely lazy and could have been done a lot better. I feel it deserves more... effort than it got. It's one of many reasons why I really wish I COULD like Rhyperior but I just... don't. And I'm actually one of those people who tries to defend it against people who REALLY hate it.

LAZY? Yes. Stupid? Eh... I wouldn't go that far. While they're definitely not as inspired as they could have been, I feel they Kamis look relatively neat in their own Legendary way and it helps them feel more unified. That said, they are NOT a win in terms of originality. I don't think they deserve the hate they receive, though.

While I can't speak for others, I actually love bulky designs. What I don't like about the Conkeldurr line is just the actual look of it. The nose is bulbous and ugly. The face is very plain and cartoonish... Conkeldurr in particular looks a lot like an angry Billy from Billy & Mandy. The body itself is... I suppose fine, but the biggest flaw in this line is the blatant cloning of the Machamp line... which I find INFINITELY more appealing. While I can see the dislike for Machamp itself (despite loving it personally), I feel Machop and Machoke are the ideal of what it is to be a fighting type, and do it perfectly. Plus them looking like lizardmen made them pretty cool in and of itself. That said, I actually agree with my fiancee, who said Machoke would be a lot better looking with a large lizard tail, and Machamp would look great if it also had a tail and had a face more like Machoke.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I know I've probably picked on Forretress a lot already for other reasons, but it really is an ugly Pokemon; it looks vaguely like a humanoid face with glasses that's clamped inside of a shell. It just doesn't look appealing at all, and neither does Swalot with the puckered mouth and the way its "mustache" is designed to look like snot. Shroomish and Purugly are weird cases to me: they're both ugly-cute, although I personally don't find either all that ugly to begin with.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Hoopa Unbound. Sorry, but Hoopa Confined is too cute by comparison. I think it might take me a while to get used to that design.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Gulpin and Swalot. I'm going to keep my composure on this but I hate them. So, so, so much. I hate the word hate but I hate them. Them with their gaping mouths that open with every attack now. I hate them! God, they creep me out to no extent! I don't understand why but I hate them >~< I see one and I send out my strongest Pokemon just so I can OHKO it and get it off my screen. I simply don't get why they have that effect on me but I hate them :C

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Gulpin and Swalot. I'm going to keep my composure on this but I hate them. So, so, so much. I hate the word hate but I hate them. Them with their gaping mouths that open with every attack now. I hate them! God, they creep me out to no extent! I don't understand why but I hate them >~< I see one and I send out my strongest Pokemon just so I can OHKO it and get it off my screen. I simply don't get why they have that effect on me but I hate them :C

Swalot is awesome. Pls.

But seriously, in my opinion Swalot has one of the most unique designs of the 3rd gen, and looks much better than Muk or even Garbodor.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Alright, I could rant on for ages on how I hate most Sinnoh evolutions. MOST, not all, since there are quite a few good ones, unlike Mega-evos. Which can all go to &%*&^%

*Ahem* There is a single Pokemon that I really hate more than any other of them. Rhyperior is in my opinion the most worthless evolution they ever came up with. Rhydon had solid stats, nothing ground breaking, but it really didn't need an evolution. I mean, come on, look at Rhyhorn. Out of all basic Pokemon in a 3 stage line, he looks like he whoop every one of them with ease. Heck, he even looks like he's able to fight on par with the likes of Charizard/Dragonite in terms of sheer strength.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Alright, I could rant on for ages on how I hate most Sinnoh evolutions. MOST, not all, since there are quite a few good ones, unlike Mega-evos. Which can all go to &%*&^%

*Ahem* There is a single Pokemon that I really hate more than any other of them. Rhyperior is in my opinion the most worthless evolution they ever came up with. Rhydon had solid stats, nothing ground breaking, but it really didn't need an evolution. I mean, come on, look at Rhyhorn. Out of all basic Pokemon in a 3 stage line, he looks like he whoop every one of them with ease. Heck, he even looks like he's able to fight on par with the likes of Charizard/Dragonite in terms of sheer strength.

No, you won't diss Rhyperior's good design.
    NO, YOU WON'T HATE ON THIS THING'S PURPOSE!
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! *enters Daniel Bryan mode*

Anyway, let's end this once and for all. Just because Rhyperior looks really different from Rhydon doesn't mean it's bad. Do we have to hate Dragonite because it looks nothing like Dragonair? No, we don't. Rhydon needed an evolution, the gap between gen 3 and gen 4 in terms of power creep was absurdly high, by far the highest so far imo, and Rhydon wouldn't be able to keep up. It's just like saying Porygon2 doesn't need an evolution (and that thing has a higher BST than Rhydon lmao) when it probably wouldn't be viable without it now.

Spoiler:

And isn't that a good thing? Wouldn't that mean Rhyperior would look like he'd be able to fight against legendaries or something?

Years
  • I don't know if this counts but I think Druddigons shiny form is quite ugly to look at it. the green and yellow is such a bad combination for the Pokemon. Seriously the regular form is already not that appealing with it looking like its made of blocks and all; but it's Shiny form takes it from borderline ugly to full on ugly.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    If I see one person say Arcanine, the whole world will
    SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

I have seen many pokemon I disliked in the past, so I can't remember which pokemon I truely think is ugly (once it comes to my mind I will let you know). While Quillian is not really ugly, he looks a bit silly to me. I also used to think Espeon looked like a naked sphinx kitty ,but that was then. I also thought (and I still think) that Feebas loks like a drying Magikarp carcus, and I think my mom was a bit freaked out when she first saw Meowth.

Quoting her as best as I can remember "What is that thing (Meowth), is that a snake?" Funny, sinbvce that is one of my sister's favorites.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    be careful what you say, Diggersby is always watching.

Nah but really, Stunfisk is prettyyyyyy ugly, even though Stunfisk'd is one of the best themes ;c
    Flounders overall are not a pretty species

Oooooh yeah, now I remember which pokemon I thought was ugly.

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    Probopass. I seen him for the first time the other day and the first thing I thought was, holy cow is that thing ugly! lmao

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ah yes here is where i thrive

to me there's two catergories of ugly. you're ugly but i like you enough to use you and you're so ****ing ugly i feel repulsed to put you on my team. i'm going with the latter rn

- exploud
    - quagsire
    - grumpig
    - seismitoad
    - conkeldurr
    - rhyperior
    - diggersby

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • ah yes here is where i thrive

to me there's two catergories of ugly. you're ugly but i like you enough to use you and you're so ****ing ugly i feel repulsed to put you on my team. i'm going with the latter rn

- exploud
    - quagsire
    - grumpig
    - seismitoad
    - conkeldurr
    - rhyperior
    - diggersby

just as I started to get some hope in the rock-type fav pokemon tournament when I saw rhyperior leading the Rock-type poll, this happens

Anyway, I quite like most of the Pokemon you listed, bar lolGrumpig (and maybe Diggersby because that face is ugh, still awesome competitively). Quagsire is cute, and the rest of those have badass bulky designs. What makes you dislike them?

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Chesnaught. Although he's not exactly ugly, he's nothing at all like chespin, and that makes him seem uglier. Other than that Diggersby, Probopass, Barnacle/Barbacle, and Venusaur, who looks like a squashed toad.

Back