• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Copycat Team - A Gen V RMT

Fuelbi

You ARE the support, son!
Years
  • Alright guys, I have a new team that I really want some advice on and I see that people are finally getting their Gen V teams rated unlike a month ago where nobody wanted to help because it was just starting

Ok, so this team is based around 2 pokemon that can copy the appearance of two pokemon: Zoroark and Ditto.

Borutorosu (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Mischievous Heart
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - U-turn
    - Thunderbolt
    - Taunt
    - Grass Knot

So Borutorosu is my lead. Since it gets Mischievous Heart that means that non attacking moves get more priority, allowing me to wreck teams early with Taunt. This is really good because if we have a pokemon that can set up like some Nattorei leads I've seen running around, I can force a switch. Tbolt is for STAB and GK is for some type coverage. Normally, I say it's preferable to use GK instead of Tbolt if you know that lead is about to switch out because when it does, it'll likely switch in to a ground type pokemon to try to absorb my potential Tbolt, hitting it for SE damage. Uturn is if I'm up against a pokemon that has no moves to set up with or any status boosters and a pokemon that I know can resist my genie.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Eccentric
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Transform

So this set is pretty standard. When I switch in, Ditto automatically turns into the pokemon that's out except if it's a transformed Ditto or an Illusioned Zoroark. The great thing is that Eccentric can copy all my foe's stats, nature, and moves except the HP stat which doesn't matter all the much considering it gets everything else. Why you ask? Let's say Dory switches in on me and I let it boost itself all the way up to +6 right? Well, switch in Ditto and abuse the fact that he's got a Scarf and those monstrous stats and I can KO my opponent and proceed to sweep. This enough causes people to rage quit on me mid match. And, tbh, most teams really don't have a good counter to Ditto most of the time, because if you have a really well constructed team, I can abuse their team members and annoy the hell out fo them, especially if it's a dragon where I can just Outrage their entire team off.

Zoroaaku (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Illusion
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - U-turn
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast
    - Dark Pulse

Alright, so Zoroark is the second team member I decided to base this around. A lot of the people a lot of the time will fall for the trap that Zoroark makes by Illusioning into one of my team members by switching out to another pokemon to Flamethrower/FB me (it Illusions into Breloom btw) and I get a free hit. With Expert Belt and it's great stat, I can deal double the damage for an SE move which is great. I have Flamethrower because my team really needs the fire support and FB and DP for coverage and Uturn for getting the **** out of there.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psycho Shock
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute

So Meloetta has been a really valuable team member. Meloetta is so bulky that it allows it to CM until it has enough SpA and SpDef to sweep the team I'm facing. Sub is for those just in case moments where I need to know what my opponent is doing, Tbolt for coverage and for the possible loss of my genie, and Psycho Shock is for STAB.

Zuruzukin (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Rest
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch

Zuruzukin is a really great mon. It's bulky enough that it can actually take a CC from an Infernape and not die. Bulk Up for stat boosting, Drain Punch and Crunch for STAB and Rest for health (and pray that Shed Skin will do it's work)

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Seed
    - Focus Punch
    - Spore
    - Substitute

So this Breloom set is one that I came up with fixing up the SubPunch set from Gen IV to be fitted with Technician and Bullet Seed. So once I come in, even on a pokemon that's water type that can be OHKO'd by Bullet Seed, I Spore them (mostly because you can never know if they'll switch out or not). And while they're Spored, I can take the free turn to FP them OR I can simply BS them if they haven't switched out and if I can KO them with it. Sub... well, I COULD Sub if I wanted to so when I KO them I can use another FP on my opponent to KO him as well...

So yeah, my team... well I haven't really noticed anything annoying threats to it or anything, but I feel like Zoroark, Meleotta, and MAYBE Zuruzukin can always be fixed up to be a little better, expecially Zoroark.

Besides that, I don't know what else to say about this team. Please rate and criticize constructively thank you

Also btw, I'm sorry that I couldn't post pictures to help imagine which pokemon exactly I'm talking about, but I can't post pictures without having posted 15 times which is pretty retarded :/

Back