• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
when i add a new map like a town i want to also want to connenct it to one of my newly made routes which is made form scatch how do i connecnt them it is using elte map

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
I have a problem... I read all the tutorials on how to use pokescript and i followed all the instructions but when i put in a script and load it to a npc the game just goes into a red screen and freezes. ive tried messing with the unknowns and person id but nothing really changes.. does anyone know a way to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
here is the script I was using and the rom is fire red
Spoiler:

The only problem I see is "released". It doesn't need a d.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
when i add a new map like a town i want to also want to connenct it to one of my newly made routes which is made form scatch how do i connecnt them it is using elte map

dunno using elite, but in advance map there's a thing named "connection manager". it's simple, use that

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
thanks

thanks that what i ment advadce map

where can i download a porgram what can chage the map of pokemon yellow. please help

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
i wanna hex edit the data for the intro-pokemon (the standard azurill in ruby or nidoran in red) i'm looking for this values in a ruby rom:

pic: &HE0F1C8
Pal: &HE0F490
value: 350

this should be the values to edit, in an english rom. i'd love to find them in my italian rom, then switch them with another sprite.

what i've to look for? this values? this values minus the &H? this values minus the &H then reversed? and before or after applying filtering (the thingy tables)?

i need some help cause the intro-editor (IntroEd, by mewthree) doesn't work with AXVI (italian ruby rom) and it doesn't work by ini so i can't try to set different offsets in the program to see if it works.

any kind of help is appreciated.

thx :)

Ice Lightning

Ya realy like that alien movie
Years
well I have a problem I'm debating wether I should use an Emerald ROM because it has the pokeblock mixing and the battle frontier, but Fire Red has better graphics, more maps, and the battle tower thing. But I just wanted to know which one would be better fo a n00b on hacking like me.

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
Years
Ok this sucks how can i edit the battle text boxes palletes!! Its strange i find the pallete and edit it nothing happens because there is so many of the same pallete!

Any one know the hex offset?

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
well I have a problem I'm debating wether I should use an Emerald ROM because it has the pokeblock mixing and the battle frontier, but Fire Red has better graphics, more maps, and the battle tower thing. But I just wanted to know which one would be better fo a n00b on hacking like me.

lol emerald for a beginner hacker?
might be better if u stick to fire red or ruby
much more stable :t086:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Ok this sucks how can i edit the battle text boxes palletes!! Its strange i find the pallete and edit it nothing happens because there is so many of the same pallete!

Find ALL of them, and replace ALL of them with the palettes you want.
I have a problem... I read all the tutorials on how to use pokescript and i followed all the instructions but when i put in a script and load it to a npc the game just goes into a red screen and freezes. ive tried messing with the unknowns and person id but nothing really changes.. does anyone know a way to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
here is the script I was using and the rom is fire red
Spoiler:

I edited the things you should change in BOLD. if this is a 'Green s' Script for A-Map, then you put:
Code:
[I]Unknown: 03 00
Var Number: 50 40
Var Value: 00 00
Unknown: 00 00[/I]
If it isn't then put 200 in people ID. If nothing I've said works, then use a different version of poketscript.

NOTE: Use "Script sharing and discussion" thread next time.
~cooley~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2007
Find ALL of them, and replace ALL of them with the palettes you want.

I edited the things you should change in BOLD. if this is a 'Green s' Script for A-Map, then you put:
Code:
[I]Unknown: 03 00
Var Number: 50 40
Var Value: 00 00
Unknown: 00 00[/I]
If it isn't then put 200 in people ID. If nothing I've said works, then use a different version of poketscript.

NOTE: Use "Script sharing and discussion" thread next time.
~cooley~
I did all this too still it doesnt work I even tried a new version of pokescript and got the same results... Maybe im doing something wrong
when it gives me a log file It says Invalid comand on everything I put in.. it looks like this:
Spoiler:
idont know if thats normal but if im doing something wrong can someone please help me?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2007
im trying to use cyclone and i got this error:
Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

can someone help me?

Axaj

Mi estas tre epiko.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 4, 2010
Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

can someone help me?

Try redownloading the program.

Also, what is the offset for the world map in ruby?

Last edited:
Years
Glitchy Picure In UnLzGBA

I inserted a Back picture of Shaymin using Rayquaza colours in UnLz GBA and after I clicked write to ROM, underneath Shaymin it was all glitchy.
The front picture inserted perfectly with no glitches but the back picture keeps going glitchy.
Can someone please tell me why it is doing that and if possible tell me how to fix it.

Thankyou to anyone who helps me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
johnlyclett said:

As cooley say, but use a clean rom and try every offset and write down teh correkt one.
Well, APE cant find all palettes, use a Hex Editor.

Kava1 said:

can someone help me?

Well teh error message gives you teh solution,
search "COMDLG32.OCX download" with google or something.
Save it where youre cyclone is, it should work now.

SceptileHero said:
I inserted a Back picture of Shaymin using Rayquaza colours in UnLz GBA and after I clicked write to ROM, underneath Shaymin it was all glitchy.
The front picture inserted perfectly with no glitches but the back picture keeps going glitchy.
Can someone please tell me why it is doing that and if possible tell me how to fix it.

Thankyou to anyone who helps me.

Try to Repoint your back pic,
when you are click on "write to rom" type in the Image Offset a free offset and mark fix pointers (the rest is not so important).

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Whats the offset number for the fire red logo in un-LZ for fire red and what pallete do i use?

It should be between 2005 and 2010, 256 color mode.
And unlz gba only shows lz77 compressed palettes.
Its a bit hard but use the Black/White Mode.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2007
Hey i was wondering how i make the trainers ... when they see their baks in a battle and when they throw the ball and ... at the start of your adventure when oak is talking to you and you see yourself

i rly need help
thanks, bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back