• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Share your story: when facing the elite four

Years
  • I usually dealt with the first two members of the Elite Four with relative ease because I had Pokemon that were strong against their party. However, Agatha and Lance were always tricky because they had pretty good teams and types that (at the time) had few Pokemon to counter them. At this point I had to rely on brute force and luck in order to defeat the E4 and I hardly ever overleveled my party so I could still find the Indigo Plateau a challenge.

Years
  • It's always hard to defeat The Elite 4. In Fire Red, you have to grind inorder to challenge the E4 (you can defeat the 8th Gym with a team of Lv 35-38 if played wisely. However the E4 uses all the Pokemons over the 50's Lvl).
    Lorelei is one of the Hardest if you don't have a good counter to her Ice/Water type, specially Lapras. I always struggled against Lapras, as its damn Bulk & good offense puts holes in my team (since i usually don't carry a Fighting or Electric type).
    Bruno, in my opinion, is the easiest of all. His Onix(s) gets killed by any Water type move and Hitmon's is really easy to kill. Machamp is the only member of his team which I fear to. But is still easy to win.
    Agatha is the 2nd hardest of the E4. Her Haunter & Gengar are fast & Gengar probably 2HKO's any Pokemon my team carries. But my Shadow Ball Snorlax always did it for me.
    Lance is ofcourse the hardest one. His Dragon's are not fast, but still has enough power to 2HKO every member of the team. I lost to him many times when i was new. I still lose sometimes without Lapras (it's the only Gen I Ice-type i love a lot).
    But no one is like Blue. When i use Blastoise, i think it's too weak compared to other starters. But when he uses it, it's like the most powerful Pokemon in the game. idk why. I lost to it most of the time while facing the E4. Have to use lots of Full Restores & Revives to defeat him (& his Blastoise).

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I normally give it a shot once I get there, and if I still need some levels I'll go train for a while. After that I rarely have any problem beating them, as I plan my team's move types accordingly far in advance.
    Some starters are better then others, as I had no issues using water starters in almost every game.

Years
  • When starting the journey to beat elite four. I first buy every use full thing in right amount. And start the journey. Fear in my soul but burning flames and confidence in my heart. Making statergy by seeing the bulbapedia pages. Writing in my notebook the statergy. Training with v/s seeker. When the level of my team reach the statargy works.

Years
  • Maybe it's because I knew what to expect ahead of time, but I didn't find Kanto's Elite Four to be all that difficult. I remember going in with Venusaur as my main Pokemon, with lots of healing items and revives in tow, but didn't really need them all that much on my way to victory.

PureAxis

Conqueror of Knowledge, Enforcer of Order.
    Years
  • LeafGreen was the first Pokemon game that I played, so I didn't know what to expect from the E4. My Blastoise was at a very high level, but that didn't serve the purpose of defeating even Lorelei. I generally used Articuno against Lorelei, won somehow, but always lost to Agatha. It was finally when I got an Electabuzz from FireRed that I beat the E4 quite easily.

Back