• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What would be a better name?

What would you rather?

• Pokemon Starlight

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Pokemon Moonlight

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    I'm going to make a Fan game, but need some advice. Which name would you like on a game, Pokemon Starlight or Pokemon Moonlight? I apologize if the poll does not work, I am new to the forums and don't exactly know how to work this.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Both sound pretty generic, the title of the game doesn't really matter as long as the game is even worth playing.

Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Thanks for the boost of confidence.(jk) But to be honest, the reason I asked this is because the name will affect the game's story. And, if they are generic, can you come up with any better moon or star based names?

Years
  • If I'm not mistaken, there's already a pokémon Moonlight somewhere in progressing/game showcase threads.

NikkuGe

Wannabe the very best
    Years
  • They sound like 2 versions of the same game, like Red and Blue or Sun & Moon. Or from a fan-game perspective Omicron and Zeta. It'll be more work, but 2 versions with 2 stories is a common thing in Pokemon, like summoning Kyogre or Groudon.

Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Thank you, this will be very helpful for me. But I want to also point out that these names will influence the game very heavily. And I will keep searching so that I don't take other people's ideas, but so far I have found no Pokemon Moonlight

Years
  • Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    And again, thank you for this, as I said before, I don;t want to steal anyone's ideas, so this is helpful to me.

Years
  • If the name will influence the story could you give us a few pointers on that so we can make an informed suggestion rather than a crap shoot?

Edit: Pokeon Andromeda, Pokemon Sirius, Pokemon Proxima, Pokemon Centauri, Pokemon Quasar, etc are all spacey starlike but without any context to your story it is difficult to pin a name down.

Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    OK, here you go:
    The name of the story will influence if the new type, Star, would be made.
    Second, The way the legendary is made would be influenced by the name.
    And third, the backstory would be HEAVILY influenced by the name.
    Sadly, the name is now on Starlight(because I am to lazy to come up with any other name), meaning that the new type will be introduced, and that the legendary is Star/Dark type instead of Fire/Dark type.

Back