• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Fire Emblem: Re-Awakening [IC][T]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Mason soon returned with the majority of the villagers, and with that done he plopped himself down next to a tree and yawned softly. He should help them, he knew he should, but he just couldn't make himself move. The boy was exhausted, and he was still a bit hurt from that axe slamming into his chest. Thank god that it had not done more damage! He looked down at his bow and smiled. It felt good now, that he had done something good. Thank god he had been staying at this village when the bandits had attacked. It could have been a lot worse. He was almost out of arrows. Maybe he could salvage some from the fight. Or get some from the villagers. That way he could move on and help other people. He had found the Shepherds, hopefully Prince and Shinji could convince the leader to accept him. They had seen how good he was. Granted, maybe not THAT good, but he was quick and he could hit the target nine out of ten times, even when that target was charging at him with an axe... Oh god he was going to have nightmares about that. Slowly, he forced himelf to stand and walked around, wandering really, plucking the undamaged arrows that he could find, cleaning them, and putting them in his quiver. He wondered what to do next, too tired to really help out. Still, he tried, reuniting the people of the village and leading them to one another, finding small things and bringing them to their owners and the like.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
The archers seemed to have fled, as well as the majority of the bandits. If they hadn't scurried off when their leader was killed, they scurried off now. Cloff transformed back into a humanlike form.

"You could've gotten yourself killed, storming off like that!" Cloff scolded, angrily. This Tarin girl was ticking him off.
She's safe. Can we leave her now?
Cloff felt himself turn around, about to leave, before he shrugged off the Impulse.

"I'm going to thank those heroes that stormed in her and saved the village. You would be wise to come with me and beg for them to guard you. The archers have probably told the higher-up bandits that you have a lot of money, hence they'll come after you if they see you. If you don't want to die, come on." Cloff said. He wondered how that sounded, given he didn't believe a word of it. He just wanted the girl to stay for some reason. She seemed like a good person. Cloff walked towards the Shepherds, not bothering to turn around to see if Tarin was following like suggested. It wasn't long before the taguel found Nokam.

"Hey there. Thanks for taking care of that boy, earlier. And thanks for saving the village. If there's anything I can do to help your efforts, just let me know." Cloff smiled.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
(OOC: This is a reply to darkpokeball's old and new post)

Cloff ran off, but Tarin paid him no mind. He was useless at scavenging and stealing, so why would Tarin want him as a slave anyway? Practically anyone would be better then that useless Taguel. Hopefully he would've been slaughtered by the brigands or the Shepherds, and then sold for a good price. "Great, I'm practically broke thanks to that stupid, hairy Taguel. I should have left him for dead when I had the chance." Tarin complained, kicking her chest out of frustration. She grabbed onto one of the two handles, dragging it a long the stone path.

"WAIT!" A familiar voice shouted, which was accompanied with the sound of a bow's drawstring being released. Luckily, the giant rabbit monster managed to block the arrow before it could kill her, but he collapsed before her feet. More arrows quickly dug into his body, causing Cloff to howl in agony. She pulled out a throwing knife, throwing it in the general direction of where the arrow came from, before turning her attention to the Taguel. "Run. I can take them... RUN."He whimpered, with more arrows bombarding his skin.

She quickly thought over her options. She could leave the Taguel to die, but risk being followed or try help the useless idiot, but risk dying in the process. "I'm not going to just let them kill you," Tarin sweetly replied, whipping out her Dagger. "Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy that pleasure myself." She quickly emptied the junk in her chest, before placing it on top of Cloff's head. "I'm going to regret this..."She said, before turning towards the incoming arrows. Tarin held out her blade in an attempt to block, but it did her little good. The arrows came in at blinding speeds, many hitting her legs and gut. Fortunately, only a few arrows managed to pierce her skin.

But, before she could unleash her revenge on the hidden archers, they vanished without a trace. The Taguel changed into his humanoid form, before quickly deciding to scold her. "You could've gotten yourself killed, storming off like that!" Tarin quickly became confused by him. "Weren't you the one who ran away from me?" She angrily asked while holstering her weapon. "I'm going to thank those heroes that stormed in here and saved the village. You would be wise to come with me and beg for them to guard you. The archers have probably told the higher-up bandits that you have a lot of money, hence they'll come after you if they see you. If you don't want to die, come on." The Taguel started to leave once more, never bothering to check if she followed.

Tarin followed the Taguel, but not in the way he expected. She climbed on top of one of the nearby buildings and followed him from up there. Tarin made sure that the entire time Cloff would be unable to see her. After leaping from rooftop to rooftop, Tarin was finally perched above where the Shepherds were, but she wasn't sure of what to do next.

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Prince Nokam

Nokam stopped in his labor as a young man walked up to him. He had been helping the mayor of the village take inventory. He looked at the young man. It was the same man that had brought him the injured child earlier. the boy smiled. "Hey there. Thanks for taking care of that boy, earlier. And thanks for saving the village. If there's anything I can do to help your efforts, just let me know."

Nokam nodded, acknowledging the young man's thanks. "It wasn't a problem at all, I was happy to do it." He paused, wiping sweat from his brow as he considered the young man's request. He himself didn't really need anything. Then a thought entered his head. "How would you like to join the Shepherds?" he asked. "We'd be happy to have the extra help, provided you can handle yourself in a fight. Granted, I would need to know your name before that happened."

Before the young man could reply, he noticed the woman they had captured before. She was perched on the roof of the granary where Nokam had been working. What is she doing here? he wondered. Is she spying on us? Still, it was useless to ponder. He would just pay attention to what she did next.

darkpokeball

Years
"Join the shepherds? Um...you see..." Cloff began speaking, looking for the right way to phrase his refusal to the offer. As much as the hero business interested him, he wasn't good with social skills. He'd make a fool of himself, or the Impulse would. Either way, he'd be made a fool. The clan had taught him that pride is important; even though he tried to shrug them away, the Impulse wouldn't let him. Suddenly, Cloff realized Nokam wasn't even listening. The taguel looked up and saw Tarin. The light seemed to hit her at just the right angle; she looked stunning. Cloff quickly shook his head and diverted his attention back to Nokam.

"Sure, I'll join, but only if you agree to help me protect her." the taguel sighed. She had followed him after all; that had to mean something. And for some reason, Cloff couldn't bear to let her leave his life. He imagined her reaction to his need to protect her; he came up blank, so he instead focused his attention to Nokam, after one last glance at Tarin.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Mason got to his feet once again and began walking. He was rested enough, and he was now looking for Sir Prince. He had to find out if he could join the Shepherds... And if not he would track them down and follow them constantly until he could join. He had a full quiver again, and three extras that he had scavenged from the fallen archers the bandits had with them. He stopped at the square, seeing Sir Prince talking to some other man... With big giant ears! What the!? Mason had never seen a Taguel before, had no idea any were even left. So he just kind of stood there, wordlessly staring. His gaze then followed theirs, and he spotted a woman on the rooftops. Quickly he ducked into the building and climbed up the stairs and made his way to the roof, where he walked right over to her.

"Hiya. What're yah doin' on the roof?" he asked with a friendly smile, still holding his bow loosely in one hand, just in case.

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Prince Nokam

"Sure, I'll join, but only if you agree to help me protect her," the young man said. He gestured at the woman on top of the roof. As he was looking at her, he saw the young archer he had fought with before. He had approached her and was speaking with her. He looked back to the young man. Was it just him, or did the young taguel (at least, Nokam assumed he was a taguel. Not many people have ears that size) look completely besotted with the lady arsonist? Probably just me, Nokam reasoned.

Speaking to the young man he said, "I'm quite willing to help protect her. However, we did find her attempting to burn down one of our tents earlier. I've spoken with her before, and she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would need someone to protect her. Perhaps it would be easier if she joined the Shepherds as well? I'm sure it would be easier to keep an eye on your girlfriend if you both lived in the same camp." He actually had no idea if she was his girlfriend, but it was as good of an idea as any.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
All of a sudden, Tarin felt like the entire world was watching her. Cloff, the stupid, traitorous Taguel had pointed her out, probably using some weird ability that Taguel's have to spot her. But nothing happened. They didn't call out to her, didn't attempt to force her down, they barely even acknowledged her. Maybe her stealth was so perfect that she was able to blend into the sun, and they were just admiring its beauty. While distracted, an 'assassin' had managed to sneak up on her, poised to fire his weapon.

"Hiya." The 'assassin' cheerfully said, nearly making Tarin fall off the building. She quickly turned to face her attacker, only to discover that he was nothing more than a green haired kid. "Naga, kid," Tarin shouted, "You really shouldn't sneak up on people like that." The kid didn't look dangerous in the slightest but she held her hand over a throwing knife, just in case. "What're yah doin' on the roof?" He kindly asked. "Oh, I'm uh..." Tarin realised that she looked incredibly suspicious, being perched on a rooftop directly over the Prince of Ylisse.

Then, the perfect idea hit her. "Do you see that hairy man?" She asked him, as innocently as possible. "Well, he's here to kill Prince whatshisname, and I'm here to make sure he doesn't succeed." Even if this was a horrible trick to be playing on a kid, Tarin hoped that his naivety would make him believe her. If her plan worked, the kid would do the dirty deed of killing Cloff for her and she'd be able to make a nice bullion or two off of his ears.

darkpokeball

Years
"Hm? My girlfriend?" Cloff asked. He didn't quite know how to respond. On one hand, he was sickened by the idea. Tarin seemed like the girl that would slaughter him at a moment's notice if it worked out in her favor. On the other hand, he was amused by the thought. Tarin seemed like a nice girl--in her own sort of way--and he HAD risked his life for her after all. He flashbacked to the arrow that nearly stuck itself into his brain; the archers that would've killed the girl if not for him. He imagined she'd probably have been gracious for the favor. That is, if she got over what the Impulse did through Cloff's body--the taguel smirked. As mean as it was, it was still funny.

"Yeah, that sounds great! Consider that lady and I signed up for the Shepherds!" Cloff grinned, shouting loudly so Tarin would hear him. He had decided for her and now she was stuck with him. He hoped that she would just go along with it and not storm off or anything...after all, she seemed capable of fighting. He wondered which reaction to observe first; Tarin's or Nokam's.

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Prince Nokam

Nokam was pleased by the man's quick answer. The Shepherds were still in the small stages, and more help was always appreciated. He nodded. "Well then, I'll get your submissions in order as quick as I can. Hopefully we'll be able to return to our base of operations and get you all set up there."

He glanced up where the woman, no Tarin, was standing. He had found out her name from one the villagers that recognized her. He still wasn't sure how he felt about her. On the one hand, she did seem rather... suspicious. But, he had seen her during the events earlier, and had noted that she was very skilled at what she did. And she didn't seem to like thugs.

He saw that she was talking to Mason. He waved. "How're you doing Mason?" he called up. "Hows the weather up there?"

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
The kid appeared to be lost in thought, causing Tarin to become a little impatient. "If you do this kid, do you know what you'll be regarded as? You'd be a hero, the boy who stopped the Prince from being assassinated. I wouldn't be surprised if the prince hired you to be his personal bodyguard after this." Tarin posed triumphantly whilst speaking, in an attempt to get the kid excited about murder. She actually felt a little bad for dragging a kid into this, but then she remembered that she was getting him to kill Cloff, the bunny-man who bankrupted her. The Prince and Cloff started to speak much louder all of a sudden, almost to a volume that she couldn't ignore.

"Alright kiddo, I'll let you mull it over for a few minutes. In the meanwhile, I'll distract the Taguel to buy us both some more time." She explained, placing her hand onto the mask strapped to her face. Tarin lightly pushed the kid out of her way, before running straight off of the edge of the rooftop. After gracefully flailing her arms and legs for a second, Tarin regained her posture and gently landed. Strands of her Ponytail had made their way onto her face, but a quick flick caused them to return to their rightful place.

Holding in the immediate urge to punch/stab Cloff in the head/groin, Tarin cheerfully smiled putting her knife back in its holster. "Hello, Cloffy-poo." She giggled, hugging him very, very tightly. As much as it pained her to act like this, she had to distract him somehow. Eventually she let go of him, which saddened her persona. "Oh, Prince Nakom, I didn't think I'd be seeing you again." Tarin hoped that the boy would end her facade already, but she couldn't tell what he was going to do.

darkpokeball

Years
"Hopefully we'll be able to return to our base of operations and get you all set up there." Nokam said, pleased with the taguel's ansewr. Cloff nodded excitedly, wondering what life would the Sheperds would be like. He also wondered how Tarin would react to him signing them both up.

"Hey, Mason! How's the weather!" Nokam said...or at least something like that. Cloff was too lost in his own thoughts, so when he heard this, he looked to the prince...who was looking at a roof. Cloff's eyes followed and he saw Tarin and...a child? Probably Mason, according to Nokam's comment. Cloff blinked and smirked.

"Yeah!--Uh, how's the weather?!" the taguel asked. His social skills weren't the best, and he couldn't tell if Nokam's question was serious or not. The taguel thought that going along with it would lead to good results. Cloff knew from experience that the man-folk enjoyed being agreed with. So Cloff's curiousity about the weather mirrored Nokam's, in order to build a better friendship with the Prince.

Cloff glanced over at the Prince, after a few seconds of awkward silence. He looked back at the roof but this time, Tarin was---

"AAAAH!" Cloff shrieked, feeling a stranger grab him. It was tight--very tight. Was he being kidnapped?! And why was Tarin missing?! His captor had said something before grabbing him, but Cloff wasn't listening. Was it a ransom? Did Nokam have to pay money in order for Cloff to be released? The grip was too tight to break out of and Cloff couldn't reach his Beast Stone. As his mind went over his options, he was suddenly dropped. He turned to face his assailant...and found Tarin's friendly face.

"Oh, Prince Nokam, I didn't think I'd be seeing you again." Tarin said, addressing the Prince.

"Tarin! I'm glad it was only you!" Cloff grinned, returning the favor by hugging her. He didn't go too tight, in fear of hurting or offending her. He didn't want to ruin his chances with the beautiful woman. After all, she did seem quite steamed after he pulled his little stunt involving the chest. Thankfully, the Impulse was being silent right now. He let her go and smiled.

"We're both signed up for the Shepherds! Isn't that great?!" The taguel exclaimed.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
"Tarin! I'm glad it was only you!" The Taguel grinned, giving her a soft bear-hug in return. Tarin found her head forced against a piece of his arm/chest/shoulder hair, which was surprisingly soft (and bloody). Which left Tarin confused. She thought for certain that he'd think something weird was going on, considering she threatened to murder him moments ago. Three reasonable conclusions came to her mind. Maybe Cloff was too stupid to realise that this was all a facade, in which case she'd easily be able to manipulate his movements into firing range. However, he could actually be a genius and could be playing along with her persona for his own enjoyment. Or maybe he was neither of these things.

Her final conclusion was the most terrifying thing she could ever think of. However likely it may be, Tarin thought that maybe Cloff had (somehow) fallen in love with her. After what felt like hours in Cloff's furry embrace, Tarin was finally released. "We're both signed up for the Shepherds! Isn't that great?!" Cloff exclaimed, still freakishly close to her. "Why, I don't remember signing up for the shepherds, Do you remember me signing up for the shepherds?" Tarin turned to face Nokam, with an awkward smile stuck onto her face. Her hidden eyes briefly glanced towards the rooftop, patiently waiting for the boy to fire.

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Chapter Two: Assassins From the North

The Shepherds stayed at the village for several days, assisting in the clean-up. The messenger sent to the capitol for supplies returned with horrible news. About half of the Ylissean council had been assassinated. Though there was no clear evidence of who had ordered the attack, a pendant bearing the crest of Regna-Ferox had been found at one of the crime scenes. Nokam, worried that these attacks may have been ordered by the same people who had murdered his father, immediately sets off for Regna-Ferox. However, trouble often lies on the unwatched roads in northern Ylisse...​

Prince Nokam

Nokam was deep in thought as he and his band rode along the trail. The land was scrubby and dry, as a result of a dry summer. The trees were doing surprisingly well however, and had lots of foliage, a strange sight among the brown grass and dry shrubs. The trail itself was thin, little more than a game trail through the underbrush.

The recent attack had left him feeling raw and exposed. He had lost many of his most reliable and trustworthy Council members, those that supported the investigation into the circumstances of his father's death. New council members would be found, of course, but there was no guarantee that they would support him or his ideals.

However, he was pleased with the result of the village rescue. He had gained many friends and new allies among the Shepherds, though some were younger than he would like. Still, they were all adept fighters, and he trusted most, if not all, with his life.

He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't notice the men hiding among the green foliage. At least, not until the arrow hit him in the arm. Nokam tumbled off his horse, clutching the wound. "Its an ambush!" he yelled. "Highwaymen in the trees!" At least, he hoped that was all they were. Robberies were common in this area of the land, and you almost couldn't throw a stone without hitting a thief.

(OOC- The number of bandits is respectable, but not large. I want this to be a quick chapter.)

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
Lutaro rode upon his horse quite carefully and in a rather cold sweat. Admittedly, he had had difficulty sleeping in these recent days, with the the theme of death weighing heavily in his mind. He had heard the unfortunate news of the kingdom and grew increasingly worried. It truly did scare him, the thought of murderous assassins out for blood being against them. Lutaro was weak and scrawny... they could off him easily if his back was turned.

But these thoughts were interrupted abruptly as Nokam yelled, "It's an ambush! Highwaymen in the trees!"

"O-Oh!"

He called for his horse to stop, looking around with worry. He held up his fists, as he was still adamantly against bandits of all kinds. "S-Stop what you're all doing and come out! W-We don't want to kill you!"

Despite the stuttering in his words, the boy was filled more with adamant anger than fear. His newfound leader had been struck with an arrow, and by the very thing he hated, no less. He was ready to fight.

darkpokeball

Years
Was this normal?
...It had to be. Why else would it feel so good. Nonetheless, a small part of Cloff seemed to be a little bit discomforted by his own actions. The taguel felt a bead of sweat trickle down the right side o fhis head. It wasn't bad because she hadn't said stop yet, right? And even if she wouldn't like it, she didn't even know he was doing it. In fact, he didn't even know he was doing it until a few minutes ago. It was if his eyes had a mind of their own. In short, he was staring at Tarin's perfectly formed back. Her clothing complemented its shape and there was pleasure in every area of her rear end.

"It's an ambush! Highwaymen in the trees!" Nokam called out, breaking the spell. Cloff began to observe his surroundings, trying to spot one of the opponents. He couldn't find anyone...a small pain inflicted the side of his neck. He reached over and pulled out a small dart.

"What is this? It's like an arrow...but smaller..." Cloff mumbled to himself, feeling slightly perplexed. Suddenly the world began to spin. Cloff squinted, trying to regain balance and saw a small amber liquid drip off of the point of the needle. A drug of some sort, no doubt. Hopefully it wasn't lethal. Cloff reached for his beaststone, but his coordination was off. He stumbled a bit, before wrapping his fingers around the purple stone. It was cool to the touch. In moments, the taguel went to beast-form. Cloff let out a roar--before all four of his legs ceased to work, causing him to collapse. Cloff slowly stood up, hearing voices...but he couldn't distinguish the words. The world was blurry now, but the taguel was determined to fight. He tried to walk, but couldn't, as he seemed to be going in circles. His body began to feel numb. Instead, Cloff steadied himself and saw what he thought to be the trees.

"Highway men in the trees!"

Cloff growled and braced himself.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
The last couple of days had been a hellish nightmare for Tarin. Thanks to a certain Taguel, she was forced into joining the shepherds, who were immediately commanded to help rebuild the town. During the clean up she managed to keep her distance from most of the shepherds, but was unable to escape the continuous glares of multiple townsfolk. Many insults were shouted at her, she was called a coward by Father's, murderer by Mother's and a crook by everyone in-between. They were all correct, of course, but Tarin kept any signs of sadness hidden behind her bright, red mask.

Over the next few days, Tarin worked her arms and leg's off for the mostly ungrateful people, until Nokam commanded the shepherds to leave for Regna Ferox immediately. Why? Well, either Nokam kept it to himself or Tarin just wasn't listening while he was talking... Probably the latter. Anyway, they left as soon as the order was given. Unfortunately, Tarin was not given a horse to travel on, which meant a long, gruelling walk was ahead of her.

After a couple of hours walking on a path going nowhere, Tarin felt like she was being watched by something. She quickly glanced around, until she saw something that made her think she was delirious. She could see men in cloaks, hiding in the foliage above. "My mind must be playing tricks on me..." Tarin thought, as the 'imaginary' men started hopping around like ravens. However, she realised that they were very real once one of the men shot an arrow at Nokam, causing him to topple off of his horse. "Its an ambush!" He yelled, clutching onto his wound. "Highwaymen in the trees!"

Tarin heard a sharp howl from behind as she ran towards the front lines, hiding behind a horse with an... eight year-old kid on it. She blinked at him, before asking "Aren't you a little young to be in an army?" A few shots hit the ground around them, which Tarin responded to by blindly sending a knife their way.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
"... Uh?"

His attention was somewhat drawn away from the brigands as he heard himself being addressed. He turned to see a woman standing there. He recognized her from his first day in the Shepherds, and he had seen her many times since, but indeed, they had never formally met, and it was very possible she had missed him/subconsciously paid him no heed. But then, in all fairness, he hadn't exactly risen any social flags himself. He recalled her having been quite emotion-hidden over the past few days.

"... W-Well, uh..."

Before he could respond to her words, he saw the taguel of the team collapse. Meaning he was more than open to attack. Before he could do any action for that, an arrow skidded by his head. He gasped, grasping his signature blanket tightly in his gloved hands.

He looked back over at the fallen taguel. Lutaro may not be a strong or brave person, but he at least wanted to help others.

He quickly ran over to the taguel as quickly as he could, as he pulled his dragonstone out of his pocket. He shifted into his dragon form with much haste, him releasing his blanket so that it properly wrapped around his wing, as usual. He used his dragon strength to pull the taguel off the ground, and his eyesight caught wind of a hooded figure pulling back an arrow. Reacting quickly, the dragon pulled in some of his internal power, and released a flurry of powerful hail and ungodly cold snow, quickly freezing the figure to death.

He looked around for more figures, not yet shifting out of his dragon form, awaiting for the taguel in his short arms to wake up.

darkpokeball

Years
Cloff slowly found his bearings and got up again.
"K-kid...you're a...manakete?" the taguel asked, still a little in shock. Had he known this? Maybe the drug was more powerful than he thought...His thoughts were interrupted as four bandits jumped from the trees and surrounded the two creatures.

"Alright, listen...th-they're armed with some sort of drug, and they've...laced some of their weapons with it. Be careful..." Cloff warned. Of course, the only reason he didn't think that all the weapons were covered in the drug was that Nokam had been hit, and he seemed fine...right? Cloff couldn't spare a glance. Instead he left towards the bandit nearest to him.

He missed. The double vision of the hallucionogen caused him to leap too far to the right. The bandit that he had tried to get rid of turned to face the disoriented taguel and rushed towards him, with a blinding speed. Cloff closed his eyes and let his senses take over. His hearing and his sense of smell were improved while in the beast form. Though everything sounded far and distant, he could smell the sweaty bandit. It was nasty, but effective. Cloff, eyes still closed, batted him aside with a paw, before jumping upon him. The beast snapped its jaws, before slitting open the bandits throat with a claw. Cloff looked back and saw the manakete, still surrounded by three. He was about to run off to help, before he saw Tarin, alone.

"Hang on, Tarin!" The taguel shouted, taking off towards her. Cloff saw she was surrounded by arrows. One was headed for her, and it was apparent that she would be hit.
One drugged-up soldier is bad enough...
Cloff leapt in the way of it, letting the sharp tip of the arrow implant itself into the beast's body. It didn't hurt at all. Of course, he was still going numb and his mind was playing tricks on him. Cloff looked around, vision blurry, and wondered if he was even on all-fours. Had he collapsed? It didn't seem like it...no, he had to be on all fours. Otherwise, Tarin would've said something. He let out a roar, but could barely hear himself. All of it began to feel like a dream...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Shinji Chozu: The Sexy Bad Ass
It's a Trap!

Shinji spent the next few days doing the majority of the heavy lifting, seeing as he was one of the few remaining Shepherds left. He lifted it all, barrels, bodies, rubble, horses, you name it! Roshi spent most of his time lounging about and eating defenseless bandits that had been left behind: Both of them were quite productive.

The group left two days later, most of them tired and exhausted. Shinji was flying above the column, watching for any aerial attack, approaching enemy ground force, or ambush. His only weakness was the trees. He was picking some meat stuck between his teeth with his tongue when he heard Nokam yell, "It's an ambush!"

DAMMIT! He ordered Roshi to dive and drew the Bad-Axe and unslung the buckler shield from his back. When the wyvern neared the ground, he did a swan dive and fell to the ground at an alarming rate. A normal person would have been nothing more than a puddle, but Shinji was no normal person. He used several tree branches to soften his blow. When he hit the ground he found himself surrounded by four or five bandits, all wielding nasty looking daggers. Shinji couldn't help but laugh. "Poor bastards. You picked the wrong group to attack." With that, he set off and began to whirl his axe at the nearest guy, taking off his head. The next to attack got a nast shield bash to the face. Two thought it would be a good idea to charge him at the same time. One got the axe, the other the shield. The last bandit seemed to be rethinking his life at this moment in time. Shinji smiled at him and winked. "You can leave." This caused the bandit to lower his guard for a split second. "But..." The warrior's voice grew much darker. "Should I ever find you robbing people again, I will make the last few moments of your life as miserable as possible." That made the bandit sprint off in the opposite direction of the battle. Shinji began to laugh, "What a fool..." He didn't want to torture people! What was that guy thinking?! With that, he turned back to the battle and charged in with a grin on his face.

Back