• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Remove / shorten the time limit for sending PMs

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • Okay, I'm not sure why we even have a limit of 60 seconds per PM sent.

If we can't completely remove the time limit for PMs, can we alteast shorten it to like 10 to 15 seconds?

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i agree for mafia purposes but i think it's in place to prevent bots.

Years
  • I don't use the PM system that much, but if the Mafia players want to shorten the time limit I'd be all for that. Although don't cut the waiting time completely because as mentioned just above, there might be adbots around and we don't want them spamming.

Years
  • Lowered it to 15. The point is to prevent abuse/spammers, but eh. If there's abuse, just report it and we'll ban the offending user.

This is always a delicate line. On the one hand, you don't want to punish/restrict the vast majority who don't abuse the system. On the other hand, you want to try to automate and catch as much of the abuse as you can. Blragh.

I think I love you people.

I have just recently discovered Gunner's pain and I am so please to have the time shortened.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • is it even possible to code something like 60 seconds for newly joined people, and goes to 15 once a certain person hits a post number? Just putting it out there

And yay thanks Audy :3

Years
  • Good to see the time limit get shortened, which will benefit Mafia players better while also preventing spam at the same time. Good job once again Audy!

Back