• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Can I Change About My Team?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    I've tried to change my team many times before except I just don't know what to do or what specifically to change. :/ Any help?

I'm trying to base my team around Delphox.

Delphox - Lvl 89
    - Mystical Fire
    - Future Sight
    - Fire Blast
    - Psybeam

Zoroark - Lvl 50
    - Torment
    - Agility
    - Embargo
    - Punishment
    (I'm not sure if Zoroark is beneficial to my team at all. I'm keeping him currently just because I've spent a lot of time on his stats, but I'm still unsure as to whether he is complimenting my team or whatnot.)

Gothitelle - Lvl 51
    - Heal Block
    - Psychic
    - Telekinesis
    - Charm
    (I'm also not sure about Gothitelle for the same reasons about Zoroark.)

Glaceon - Lvl 52
    - Ice Beam
    - Hail
    - Mirror Coat
    - Blizzard

Charizard - Lvl 75
    - Cut
    - Inferno
    - Flying
    - Heat Wave

Jolteon - Lvl 62
    - Discharge
    - Thunder
    - Bite
    - Last Resort

Some of the Pokemon I want to get rid of are Jolteon and Glaceon. They're just fillers basically, I never end up using them, and even when I do as my last remaining two Pokemon, they're never strong.
    I would get rid of Charizard if only he wasn't my only Pokemon that could use fly. I rely on fly a lot so I kind of have to keep Charizard in, even though I don't really like having two fire-types on my team. I would love to find a Pokemon that can use fly but also isn't fire type and/or makes up for my team's weaknesses right now.

My main goal - out of everything else - is for my team to have more defense. I want to add more steel, rock or ground, and maybe ghost or poison types too. However, I don't know much about ghost and poison types, so I don't know how well that would compliment my team. I would just like to have at least one or two Pokemon that are considered "tanks" if you get what I mean.

What are some of the weaknesses for my team currently? Also, are there any moves I could possibly change for my Pokemon to make them better?

I can add any more information that you need, just ask please. Any help/criticism is appreciated! :) I'm still a noob when it comes to IVs and EVs, so I'm not sure how they're doing there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    if you want to take charizard out of your team, and have a poke that can actually fly, why don't you add to your team a dragon such as salamence, who can learn fly, and by the way you get something that can beat fire types (none of your pokes is strong against fire, and you have 2 fires on your team), as it can learn hidro-pump as an egg move.
    This is a non competitive team right?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    if you want to take charizard out of your team, and have a poke that can actually fly, why don't you add to your team a dragon such as salamence, who can learn fly, and by the way you get something that can beat fire types (none of your pokes is strong against fire, and you have 2 fires on your team), as it can learn hidro-pump as an egg move.
    This is a non competitive team right?

Okay, thank you! I'll probably look into finding Salamence or some other dragon type then. And yes, currently it's non competitive but I was hoping maybe someday when I learn more I could start to change it into one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Okay, thank you! I'll probably look into finding Salamence or some other dragon type then. And yes, currently it's non competitive but I was hoping maybe someday when I learn more I could start to change it into one.

Ok, but if you want to have a hydropump salamence, then you should get it by a kingra-salamence egg for the egg move. If not, you can just make it learn aqua tail by TM.

When you start building competitive, I recomend tu use Smogon:
    http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/delphox/

I'm using this page

Back