• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Family

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well recent events have led me to consider a few things... and I ask you to consider some of them to. What is family to you? To me, family are the people that are always there for you. The ones that make you feel safe and loved when you're around them. The ones that accept you for who you are and what you do. Family knows you make mistakes, and while they might criticize you for it, it's out of love--they want to see you grow into a better person and accomplish better things for yourself.

If you're one of those people, then what I will do for your endless. There are no boundaries to what I won't do for someone that I care about in this way. I started thinking about this because my younger sister (and her friend who is like a sister to me) is involved in a bunch of drama. And I simply won't stand for it. Especially when things violent. I'm not a big guy, I've only been in one fight in my life ever, but I certainly am not afraid to take a stand even if it means getting my ass beat. I'd gladly take an ass beating for them if it meant helping them be safe or something like that.

I am fortunate enough to have never lost someone that I consider my family, but I know people who have. And it's a tragic event. So I urge everyone to hold the ones that they love close and provide for them the best experience in life that is possible. Sorry, by the way, my thoughts are a little scattered at this moment.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • My family is a great family and I love them to bits. Someone who I consider damily is anyone who has my back and anyone who I can trust. My grandpa passed away not too long ago, FinalMaster knows about this. I was depressed when my grandpa passed away and I did bad things to myself. To put it aimply, I love family, distant and core alike and one is to know heir value and keep them near. Never loose your bond with your family.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This really hits close to home because I was THAT person. I was someone who would put her family (no matter who, relatives, cousins, great-great-uncle, etc), over anything. But everything changed after the passing of my grandmother. We all fell apart. We always argued. Peace between us family members was disturbed and there was no way to calm that peace down. I really miss those frequent gatherings, holiday parties, and those small "let's just talk about life" hangouts I always have with my cousins. Now I just feel distant. I miss my family. I know I have my mom, dad, and my two sisters...but I've always felt close to every single member of the family and now I feel like the latter is all I have left in my life.

It's understandable that you feel that way. I'm still trying to recover from a major family loss as mentioned, and it's hard for me because it's my first one. Life just...hasn't been the same since then. You are correct though, you gotta hold on to what you have, because you'll never what you have until it's gone.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • My family are the most important people in my life. There was an event in my childhood that would have destroyed me if it wasn't for them, so I owe them pretty much everything. They've been the only constant in my life since then. My parents may not win any parenting awards, and my siblings can be extremely annoying, but we know that we'll always be there for each other.

They may be frustrating to deal with, but I love them more than anything in this world.

So, to answer your question: Regardless of whether or not it's a traditional family, to me, family are the people that will always be there to help you along when times get tough. They're the people that you can have a laugh with, get annoyed with and yet always make up with because you love each other, and that bond will always be there.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • This really hits close to home because I was THAT person. I was someone who would put her family (no matter who, relatives, cousins, great-great-uncle, etc), over anything. But everything changed after the passing of my grandmother. We all fell apart. We always argued. Peace between us family members was disturbed and there was no way to calm that peace down. .

Same thing happened with mine. Grandmother died and everything fell apart. We knew it was going to happen to. My father has disowned my grandfather, who became quite the arsehole, and he's disowned pretty much everyone else too.

To me, family isn't just blood. Since I'm adopted I don't know very much about my blood family. Friends are my family.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My brother is a thug and I don't associate myself with those so I pretty much disassociated myself with him.

The rest of my family is pretty important to me. I don't think they're a central part of my life though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I really loved my family and then when I was an upperclassmen in high school I just changed and I still am not entirely sure why. At the time a lot was changing and happening in my life and I think I took out all my stress and anger on them and I feel truly bad for that. After about two years of "soul searching" I came to realize a lot about myself and I've thought a lot about the mistakes I've made with the people who have always cared. I really regret the way I was and the way I treated them. I've tried really hard to be better with them and I think they are much happier now!

Friends and family just aren't the same to me. I feel very comfortable with my friends and I am very happy with them, but there is just a higher level of comfort that I can't explain with my family. There is a lot that I hide from friends and relationships (though I hope to have a relationship one day where I can be that comfortable) because it is uncomfortable for me.

Back