• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Would you like a 4th remake of RBY/GSC?

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
  • more than a Remake, I want a New adventure on the same continent! I wanted it for HGSS and ORAS ( nor for FRLG because I was yough and had no idea what was happeninh hahahha)
    Well like the half of G/S actually, that are on kanto again, but got what I meant? it's like not kiling the original and adding new stuf! o3o

Also I could have waited a bt more for HGSS, to come after BW , it would be even better °3°

RegdragsPlays

Cyn The Garchomp
    Years
  • Gens I and II are my absolute favorites but I hated the GBA remakes of Red and "Green" because they added a bunch of new stuff to that universe which was Kanto. Don't get me wrong - they were really good and they most likely added the extra stuff (The islands, Pokémon, rematches and what have you.) so that way those new to Pokémon or those that started In Gen III of Pokémon would have more to do after they completed the game.

With that said, I agree with quite a number of people. Heart Gold and Soul Sliver were great DS games, I really enjoyed those and the extras that they added didn't bother me at all like they did in Leaf Green and Fire Red. What I think they should do is include the *region* itself in any future installments as some sort of side quest or needed to collect even more badges like they did back in Pokémon Gold and Sliver when you traveled to Kanto after defeating the Elite Four then heading to Kanto. One thing I liked about G and S is the fact that time basically kept going - and you got to see how much Kanto has changed. So imagine, let's say Generation 10 and they allowed you to explore the Kanto region once again, to collect Pokémon, badges etc...seeing Block as an old man or something of that nature. (Lol) then you battle him for the Boulder badge...anyway, NO I REALLY do NOT think they should do anymore remakes of those games and this is coming from someone that is crazy about Gen I and Gen II lol.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I actually preferred a sequel to the Kanto region instead of a remake. Preferably, a sequel to the events of G/S/C/HG/SS, where we could see a revival of Team Rocket with a much better plan, the new building in Vermilion City, the new Champion in the Kanto region, the rebuilding of Cinnabar Islands and much more.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I actually preferred a sequel to the Kanto region instead of a remake. Preferably, a sequel to the events of G/S/C/HG/SS, where we could see a revival of Team Rocket with a much better plan, the new building in Vermilion City, the new Champion in the Kanto region, the rebuilding of Cinnabar Islands and much more.

I'd rather fix Gen 1 and 2's writing before mucking it up even more with a threequel. Plus, Gen 2 pretty much slammed the door on Team Rocket for good, so any threequel would have to have a new villain.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    No. I want a complete new game with a new timeline and with GSC graphics.
    What you consider to be "upgraded 3d graphics" is a downgrade to me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I don't want another remake of RBY or GSC.
    I would, however, enjoy a sequel to them (like BW2, you know?)
    Mainly, I would love to know what's become of Team Rocket over the years. Are there still stragglers trying to revive the movement? Maybe it came back strong with a new leader and/or harsher methods and more sinister operations. Maybe it's gone completely!
    I would love to see Kanto and Johto with updated graphics, and maybe with some towns and cities expanded upon, or better yet a few more added towns and cities.
    I'd love to hear the music updated.
    I'd even like to see whats become of the gym leaders. Which are still gym leaders, which have moved on, how they've aged (maybe Whitney has matured and stopped crying after she loses!)

Years
  • Maybe a gen 2 remake, but only if Team Rocket has a plan so epic it takes you both regions of actually challenging battles to stop them. Also there should be a classic tunes option from the start and custom outfits even if they just post-game.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • No, thanks. There's already a Virtual Console release coming up, and every minute spent on re-remaking what has been already released twice before is a minute not spent on creating a new game.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • I'm on the fence on the issue.

On one hand, I'm content with FR/LG/HG/SS, so further remakes are pointless.

Except, a remake for Yellow is way overdue. Short of D/P/X/Y, there aren't any remakes of Yellow. I would love a Yellow Version for 3DS.

Should we have FR/LG for 3DS as well?

Back