• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen So, did anyone here actually win the lottery?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • Just curious, did anyone ever win anything on Goldenrod's Lottery Corner?

I swear, despite playing my Silver version to death (literally), I never once won the Lucky Channel lottery. In fact, until I looked it up recently, I had no idea that there were even multiple prizes on offer.

I dunno, maybe it just shows I didn't trade with enough people, or maybe i'm just super unlucky. How about you guys? Anyone win a Master Ball?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I played GSC a lot but I never really one first prize. I won lower-order prizes, but was never lucky enough to winner the major one. Perhaps if I pick it up again I might one day, but the likelihood of me even picking up the game in real life is low haha.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've played Silver for a long time, until RS came to life. During those long waiting days for Gen III, I haven't won any. I don't recall winning the lower ranking prizes either. That's life I suppose.

On a slight unrelated note, I've won in Emerald. :)

Last edited:

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
    Years
  • I remember winning the price once, I got a third place. I don't remember what the third price was though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    I never won, even one of the smaller prizes. You know, for the low odds you have of winning, you would think the prizes would be better... haha

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    Never in all the years of playing have I won a single thing from that damn lottery.

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
    Years
  • I actually have won the lottery on my Silver cartridge, the lower level prize a few times. On my Crystal, though? Not a single thing. (I've also won fistfuls of PP-Ups in Emerald and Sapphire, but Gen III was the only one I've ever won a Master Ball on ... and that was a one-time event.)

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I remembered winning once but that was a long time ago and I didn't even know what I won in the first place.

I hope I can win it again since I'm still continuing my Pokemon Gold run aiming to achieve the maximum number of Pokemon you can catch without trading.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I never won anything more than an Ultra Ball. That didn't stop me from religiously going back to the Radio Tower and trying again every Friday, each time thinking "This could be the time I finally win it!". I was young back then, and didn't realize how astronomically slim the chances were of me actually getting first prize.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I won a bunch of PP Ups, and I believe I won an Exp. Share once (3 digit prize). Never won the Master Ball, though.

I haven't won a Master Ball in the newer games, either, but at least now I have a good chance. Back then, my IDs were limited to my five cartridges, my friend's games, Stadium prizes, in-game trades, and whatever IDs I got from farming starters from new files.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    For now i didn't win the lottery but lets see maybe i win in the future. :3

Years
  • I won a few times....after changing my ID with a gameshark code :| Never legit won any of the lotterys. I prefer the quiz show cause you can win stuff based on knowledge and not dumb luck.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I won a few of the low-tier prizes, but never the grand prize. To be fair though, I never really checked the lottery all that often.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Not in G/S, but in Emerald, I have.
    There was a trick where, if you started up the game after a new day, but didn't save, you could repeatedly reset and re-check the lottery and it would be a different ID number every time because the game would think it was a new day every time. So it would generate a new ID number every time.
    Turned out my Lunatone from Sapphire had the right ID number the second time I checked the lottery :p

Back