• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My android acting weird when plugged into the laptop

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    When I want to charge or use usb storage and plug in into my laptop. My android touch screen acting erratically such as tap anything that I didn't tap or have it own mind. I can't even touch anything or paritally when my android acting strange on the the touch screen. Is there a way to fix it, I just want to charge it on the go without adapter

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    No, when plug into wall adapter it function as normal and nothing strange. I'll try the wipe option though.
    On second thought, It acted bit weird when on wall power

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I've only ever seen phones' screens act up when connected to a wall charger of lower voltage than the one your phone is supposed to utilize. The trains in our country run on lower-than-normal voltage and I've seen most phones' screens going crazy when plugged in for a charge in the trains. That's my only experience with touchscreen being weird while being charged, though, and I have no idea why that issue might crop up while you're using your laptop.

You better get your digitizer checked like TF said.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    What model is your smartphone? Have you dropped it or spilt liquids on it recently or did it just start happening suddenly?

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What model is your smartphone? Have you dropped it or spilt liquids on it recently or did it just start happening suddenly?

Cross A28 and I never dropped or spill any water on it also it just happen whenever I plugged it into my laptop.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've never heard of that phone, seems pretty old. Looks like your stuck unless you can get the screen replaced or if you bought a new phone.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm not sure either if it was second hand or new or it just the cable that make like that

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    I'm not sure if this will help you, but the same thing happened last year to my iPhone. The phone basically touches itself every time it's plugged in to a power source — it made me think that my phone might actually be a pervert — and the whole fiasco started shortly after (coincidentally) using my brand new charging cable. It turns out the cable is a bloody counterfeit and it just so happens that the phone abhors knockoff cables; thankfully the shop replaced it with a genuine one.

It could be due to a defective digitizer, but you can also try and see if your charging cable is the culprit.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this will help you, but the same thing happened last year to my iPhone. The phone basically touches itself every time it's plugged in to a power source — it made me think that my phone might actually be a pervert — and the whole fiasco started shortly after (coincidentally) using my brand new charging cable. It turns out the cable is a bloody counterfeit and it just so happens that the phone abhors knockoff cables; thankfully the shop replaced it with a genuine one.

It could be due to a defective digitizer, but you can also try and see if your charging cable is the culprit.
    Right on; usually after-market cables are what can cause devices to malfunction in such a manner, especially those cheap colored knockoffs you see sold at convenience stores or other small setups.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    Right on; usually after-market cables are what can cause devices to malfunction in such a manner, especially those cheap colored knockoffs you see sold at convenience stores or other small setups.
    Definitely; and in some rare occurrences, cheap cables that are often designed below spec can even lead to death. IMHO, something important like a cable that's used to transfer power to devices like your laptop or phone should be taken more seriously; especially since many people seem to think that it doesn't matter. I've heard actual stories of people dying from using knockoffs. I don't mean to scare anyone, but it's really another thing to consider.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm just a bit worried if fire would result from a bad charger and when I still charging and my android is close range to my laptop it acted weird.

Back