• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • I wonder if Steven Stone could give us a starter from either Johto...hmm, and then would we get our Mega Typhlosion?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Steven is a Hoenn guy, so I just can't imagine him giving away any Pokémon not native to this region. If Elm (or Gold or Silver) makes some appearance of sorts, then that could definitely be a possibility. I hope it happens, personally, because I'd love to be able to get my hands on Johto starters, haha. Kanto ones wouldn't be bad, either, but we just had them in XY, so if they were to give them away, it'd seem a little repetitive.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • If any, we'll get Johto or Sinnoh starters since we haven't heard from those regions since their Gen IV games. I hope for Johto personally, Mega Typhlosion ftw!

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Name: Bulbadon (Call me Calvin or CJ)
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Houndoom and Mega Charizard X
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They have cool designs and I have always liked dragons, lizards or creatures that could breathe fire. I have always found that to be interesting and yeah I like fire.
    Answer to current topic: In the remake I think Flannery's gonna have a new look and have some new Pokemon and have at least one Pokemon from her old team.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Actually, Sinnoh might make a better option, due to the reason that you've stated. I'm not such a huge fan of Infernape, personally, but I wouldn't mind being able to get a hold of it again. Also, welcome to the club, Bulbadon!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Bulbadon (Call me Calvin or CJ)
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Houndoom and Mega Charizard X
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They have cool designs and I have always liked dragons, lizards or creatures that could breathe fire. I have always found that to be interesting and yeah I like fire.
    Answer to current topic: In the remake I think Flannery's gonna have a new look and have some new Pokemon and have at least one Pokemon from her old team.

Welcome! Dragons are awesome for sure. Flannery is going to keep Torkoal. There's no way it goes, it's her signature Pokémon. If she gets any changes, I see her getting a Ninetales, but that's only because Vulpix is available in Hoenn originally.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    I'm back from a super long hiatus!

Topic answer
    : If they make Flannery hotter then that'd be great! They better not mess with her hair though. And I'm interested in seeing what Pokemon she'll have.

And I hope we can rematch her and she'll have more Fire-types from different generations.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Welcome back! I think the rematch is a given considering HG/SS did it and it was really awesome. As far as her appearance, well I don't know what they could do to make her look a lot better.

EDIT: Oops, I missed Ashley's comment! I agree, Infernape is 5th out of the 6 starters for me (and it isn't really close either), but given the chance, I'd use it because I never have before, although I'd feel kinda strange (more like a traitor) playing through a Hoenn game with a Fire/Fighting-type that isn't Blaziken, but I just used it in X so I'm going with one of the others.

Here's how I rank the starters, feel free to do your own rank if you want to.

1. Charizard
    2. Blaziken
    3. Delphox
    4. Typhlosion
    5. Infernape
    6. Emboar

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My ranking is exactly the same, to be honest! Charizard's first, because, to me, it seems to be the most unique of all. It's also got two mega-evolutions, which emphasizes its awesomeness even more, haha. Blaziken's definitely second, as it was our first fire/fighting-type. Plus, its design looks a lot nicer than many other fire starters. Third is Delphox due to similar reasons, and fourth, fifth, and sixth are Typhlosion, Infernape, and Emboar, respectively.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Agreed. Even though I love Blaziken, Charizard is cooler than him, by a bit but still. Never really liked Infernape or Emboar, so Typhlosion should be on top of it. Delphox respectively gained third cause a Psychic side is pretty cool.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • ...How did I do that? Well, you guys are on the same wavelength as me, haha.

How about we try something a little different?

Art Appreciation: Pick a piece of fan art of a Fire-type Pokémon and post it in spoiler tags. Make sure to give credit to the artist if you can.

Spoiler:

Credit to http://ffxazq.deviantart.com/ for that one.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Art Appreciation: Pick a piece of fan art of a Fire-type Pokémon and post it in spoiler tags. Make sure to give credit to the artist if you can.
    Spoiler:

Not sure who to credit for this Braixen, but I like it. Not a fan of Delphox, but I'd use Braixen any day of the week :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • WAT

You dislike Delphox? (Btw, what is your list of starters in order?

That's a pretty cool picture though.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I like the Fire-type starters in this order:

1) Typhlosion - So cool, it doesn't need an extra typing ;)
    2) Emboar - Bacon!
    3) Charizard - Flying is a useful type
    4) Blaziken - Useful even without HA
    5) Delphox - It's not Infernape
    6) Infernape - I loathe Chimchar

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Emboar being 2nd for bacon reason is the only reason I accept it...in fact that comedic value alone may suade me to move it up over Infernape (no, not you're loathing of Chimchar, it's adorable).

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Emboar being 2nd for bacon reason is the only reason I accept it...in fact that comedic value alone may suade me to move it up over Infernape (no, not you're loathing of Chimchar, it's adorable).
    I actually enjoyed using the Tepig line in Black. Emboar with Flame Charge and Bulk Up (I think that's what I used) was rather brutal; I rarely had to switch out. It can take a hit, whereas Blaziken isn't able to.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Art Appreciation: Pick a piece of fan art of a Fire-type Pokémon and post it in spoiler tags. Make sure to give credit to the artist if you can.

Don't know who to give credit; but I really do like this of Vulpix. Was searching for fire type pics and this was a great pic of it.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I'm back! I've been really busy lately and I also figured to take a week off for the Get Together...then I got really busy for the first half of this week too. But here I am, back and better than ever.

Interestingly enough, I never used this topic before, probably because it's very cliche, but seeing as it has been a while and it hasn't been used, let's go with it.

What is your favorite Fire-type Pokémon? Elaborate.

Charizard, hands down. It was the first Pokémon I had on my first playthrough and has stuck with me ever since. Every game I had I wished I could have a Charizard in it. It's definitely a nostalgia thing, but I enjoy using Charizard in battle still to this day. The only Pokémon plush I own is a Charizard as well that was a gift, and let me say, they chose well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What is your favorite Fire-type Pokémon? Elaborate.
    It's definitely got to be Charizard. Have been a fan of it ever since I was introduced to this Pokémon, and still am. One, major thing that I like is its design; to me, it looks absolutely fierce. Anybody could hop onto Charizard, regardless of what size or weight, and be able to fly. It'd be quite fun, too; if I were ever give the chance, I would immediately accept it. I mean, who wouldn't?

Another plus side is that, unlike most other Pokémon, Charizard has not one, but two, separate mega-forms. That, in my opinion, is quite a huge deal! My personal favorite, however, would most likely have to be Y version, as it looks more natural. X isn't so bad, but what ruined it for me, sort of, is its color-scheme; if you ask me, black and blue doesn't exactly fit, and it also seems random, to some degree. If it were still orange, it would have been a lot better.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Good to know someone's on the same page as me! :P The two Mega Evolutions I think speaks to just how popular Charizard is. I don't think Game Freak would have done that otherwise. I like X better because it's more balanced and Dragon-type, not to mention the design (blue flames ftw!). Y is pretty cool because of its outlandish Special Attack stat and ability to use Solarbeam without needing Sunny Day support (for 5 turns at least).

Back