• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Game Jam 3: Mythic Encounters

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
To be fair, it is kind of a violation of the spirit of the challenge to simply randomly generate the dungeon. The error only occurs because a recursive formula can be resource-intensive, and frankly updating won't fix a problem like that - it is a designer-side error to assume all computers are up to your specs. After all, if a judge who uses the same program as you cannot run your build, what chance does a player who doesn't have RPG Maker installed have to be able to play? I can run the game, and will evaluate it accordingly, but will probably be assigning a penalty to the mapping category as you've deliberately skipped mapping.

We've reached the hard cutoff for entries. You may still submit your entries up until Friday and I'll stream them during judging, but now only Zeak's, Sablrainy's, and Starrmyt's entries will be eligible for awards beyond Participant, with the latter two taking a modified penalty to scoring to reflect that Zeak was the only participant to submit on time.

yeah i can always make the dungeon smaller xD and hey i had to do mapping just not the dungeon layout... i had to do events & trainers & encounters. But i think there will be someone who did the mapping better anyways on there event and I hope they win the Mapping Award :D
Good Luck Everyone !

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey everyone! We've got one last push before I start livestreaming entries(which I plan to do at noon my time tomorrow, or about 21 hours from now). If you've got a noncompetitive entry, please send it my way by midnight so I know what content I have to show!

You'll be able to view the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/tbmchristopher/

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey everyone, the stream has ended, and my ratings are in. Once Radical Raptr's ratings are in, we'll announce the winners and hand out prizes.

Thank you everyone for participating, and my apologies if you weren't able to complete your entries in time. Hopefully we can do another jam some time in the near future!

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thank you all for entering!
I had a great time playing all of your entries!

The Ranks are as follows:

1st place - Starrmyt
2nd place - Zeak6464
2nd Place - Sablrainy

While they were all very interesting and fun little games, Starrmyt showed the most overall polish and effort put into all the categories. The other 2 entries had their positives as well as negatives, as well as the point deduction for being late and the reward for having it completed on time.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you all for entering, I hope you had fun!

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Ah, shit, it seems I misunderstood the time in your post on sending in the non-competitive entries XD, sorry. I'm finishing things up right now and doing some playtests/tweaking (it'll be done in a few hours, urgh, the crashes :/). I still want to finish this one. If it's ok, I'll post it here when finished.

Unfortunately I didn't have much time available during this jam and was unable complete the game in time for a competitive entry. I like these kinds of jams and hope to have a less busy weekend/week when the next one occurs. Thanks for your efforts in setting it up and judging.

(Edit: Love the autocorrect of certain words to muk :p, never knew this)

EDIT: I also noticed that the entries of Zeak6464 and Sablrainy are downloadable in this thread, while Starrmyt's one isn't. I'd be curious to see what (s)he made. The stream also can't be rewatched. Is there any possibility for us to still see it?

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Ah, muk, it seems I misunderstood the time in your post on sending in the non-competitive entries XD, sorry. I'm finishing things up right now and doing some playtests/tweaking (it'll be done in a few hours). I still want to finish this one. If it's ok, I'll post it here when finished.

Unfortunately I didn't have much time available during this jam and was unable complete the game in time for a competitive entry. I like these kinds of jams and hope to have a less busy weekend/week when the next one occurs. Thanks for your efforts in setting it up and judging.

(Edit: Love the autocorrect of certain words to muk :p, never knew this)

EDIT: I also noticed that the entries of Zeak6464 and Sablrainy are downloadable in this thread, while Starrmyt's one isn't. I'd be curious to see what (s)he made. The stream also can't be rewatched. Is there any possibility for us to still see it?

Well with all that went on , you can now download mine with the full game from http://www.indiedb.com/games/pokemon-legends-of-kanto , and I too would like to know were Starrmyt's entry is at as well due to it was part of the rules to post on this thread... I would of loved to see the live stream but no one gave a time of which is was going to be broadcasted.
I was wondering if anyone else had Non-Comp entries so we can see them :D

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Well with all that went on , you can now download mine with the full game from http://www.indiedb.com/games/pokemon-legends-of-kanto , and I too would like to know were Starrmyt's entry is at as well due to it was part of the rules to post on this thread... I would of loved to see the live stream but no one gave a time of which is was going to be broadcasted.
I was wondering if anyone else had Non-Comp entries so we can see them :D

Hey--it 100% was NOT part of the rules to post my entry on this thread...just to post to sign up. That being said I'm more than happy to post it in the thread now!

Here's the link--https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Od3JWxvzaFNUl4OXpZLWE3blU/view?usp=sharing

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Hey--it 100% was NOT part of the rules to post my entry on this thread...just to post to sign up. That being said I'm more than happy to post it in the thread now!

Here's the link--https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Od3JWxvzaFNUl4OXpZLWE3blU/view?usp=sharing

nice and i know it's not 100% in the rules but I would like to try yours out :D

Back