• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Did you get all the starters in Yellow?

How many starters did you get?!

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    I always got them every time. Pikachu/Venusaur/Blastoise/Charizard/Snorlax/Kadabra is a solid choice of team.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I got them all, and used them all as well! I forgot what my entire end team was in Yellow Version, but I know it had Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise.

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
    Years
  • I played Blue first (my starter on that file was a bulbasaur, rather uninventively named "Saur" ... I was six, so.), but I did get all of the starters on Yellow when I had the chance. I believe my final team included this line up:
    - Pikachu
    - Venasaur
    - Charizard
    - Blastoise
    - Alakazam
    - Dragonite

I wish I could check, but the battery died in my original game years ago.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I most certainly did! Charizard carried my team through the late game. I was so new to the series on my first playthrough that I never even fully evolved my Squirtle and Bulbasaur -- they only made it to Wartortle and Ivysaur.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Yes, I got all three of them which is really simple. But leveling them all together makes me tired so I only picked one of them. :3

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I was only 5 or 6 when I played Yellow. I can't really remember for sure, but I don't recall ever getting any of the starters. I probably would have used them if I did.

Nowadays? Depends on my mood. I might use them, I might not.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I don't remember if I got all three or not. It's been a really long time since I touched the game.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I, uh, I thought that was almost the point of playing Yellow.

That's pretty much my main reason behind downloading the Yellow port first when they come to the 3DS.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • Yep, all of 'em.

Bulbasaur - Where Jynx usually is, but the house is an orphanage and if Pikachu's Affection Level is at a certain point, she'll happily give you the Grass-type.

Charmander - The guy north of Nugget Bridge, you can't miss him.

Squirtle - A bit more of a pain, for the difference is you can't get Squirtle right when you enter the area. You need the Thunderbadge to persuade the Constable that raising the aquatic hoodlum is a good idea.

Pokemon Yellow remains legendary for legitimately earning all three starters, on top of having Pikachu and finding Eevee.

Back