• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If the anime switched the main protagonist every series

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
  • I guess? Depends if they have the same goals or not. If they are out to win every gym badge with Pikachu with little to no backstory then yes, it would still get boring.

I would of preferred if we had two lone protagonists each anime. One male and one female and they're both your player trainer in the recent games. They both had some story and backstory. I wouldn't mind almost every single male/female protagonist were siblings but at least give them a unique backstory each generation.

So basically:

Gen 3:

Male and female playable trainer characters

Gen 4 and so on

All gens will have the popular new Pokemon from that time or the cutest Pokemon they can find in the new gens.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Then these would became the new Protagonist --
    ra12-1.jpg

Also , There wouldn't be any Advanceshipping since Ash been replaced!
    By the way , If Jimmy is based on Ash then May should be based on Marrina.
    Off course , Current Ash seem to unable to make the same expression that Jimmy making toward Marina ! Its as if Ash has to extra nice toward everyone except Evil people.
    That's the flaw of XY Ash.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    Maybe it would be good if the new series have total new charas. x3
    I personally find it not really good change characters but, change every character except ash i really find that stupid...
    If they change the cast then every!

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Much like the Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanbase, fans will bash the new main protagonists and remark how much they miss Ash and want him back.
    THIS. ****ing THIS!

Not that I would be opposed to the idea or anything, but fans are deluding themselves when they say the anime's problem is with Satoshi. Even if he weren't here, we'd just be watching a similar character try and fail to win their respective League and would still be complaining about the repetition of it all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    THIS. ****ing THIS!

Not that I would be opposed to the idea or anything, but fans are deluding themselves when they say the anime's problem is with Satoshi. Even if he weren't here, we'd just be watching a similar character try and fail to win their respective League and would still be complaining about the repetition of it all.

Are you sure they would have same goal as Ash that they will fail to achieve ?
    They might have completely different goal and reason for traveling.
    PokeSpe is the Best example of how the Anime would be if its changed main character in every series.

Years
  • Back at 2008, in an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka, the original director of Pokemon:

"Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be the audience is constantly replaced (since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal. So, the show would probably continue the same way collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No. Will there be a 5th generation of Pokemon and will the show keep continuing? He laughed even harder and said of course. Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever."

"He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that). He also said Ken Sugimori designs a new girl with each generation and that gives them another excuse to switch the girl."

Source:
    http://www.pokebeach.com/2008/07/se...with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

Titos

Beast tuber
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    From my point of view i think it could be interesting but at the same time i dont understand why people complain about ash? I like the character and that way its different from the games, i dont see the problem with it being ash. And like some people would like a change of character, others would not, so basically its impossible to make everyone happy. But taking the Yu-Gi-Oh series has an example, i stopped watching it or following it since yugi stopped being the protagonist. Just because it didnt feel like the same series, so if Pokémon would change the protagonist, i think i would drop out of the anime completely. Ash is a character i grew up with, i saw sad moments and happy moments with it, and im already too attached to it, and i believe we all are, but some people forget about it when the season gets maybe a bit boring and start complaining that a new character will help but it wont. And im sure soon Ash must win a league since becoming a pokemon master is not about winning 1 single league but about winning all of the leagues that exist. So overall i dont think changing Ash would help at all. It would be interesting if they would do like side stories with ither characters sometimes but dont remove ash and pikachu. They are already the image of pokemon for most people. =)

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Are you sure they would have same goal as Ash that they will fail to achieve ?
    They might have completely different goal and reason for traveling.
    PokeSpe is the Best example of how the Anime would be if its changed main character in every series.
    Why? Unlike the manga, the anime's general purpose (to be an adaptation/promotional tool of the games and other Pocket Monsters merchandise) would still be the same, so the writers would probably still follow along the same lines as they generally do. Why would the producers change that when it's the anime's reason for existing in the first place just because Satoshi wouldn't be there?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Why? Unlike the manga, the anime's general purpose (to be an adaptation/promotional tool of the games and other Pocket Monsters merchandise) would still be the same, so the writers would probably still follow along the same lines as they generally do. Why would the producers change that when it's the anime's reason for existing in the first place just because Satoshi wouldn't be there?

The General goal of the Game is to catch every single pokemon.
    Collecting Gym-badge to be a champion is same as Defeating evil Team , Participate contest or unlock post league quest.
    It doesn't mean the main character has to go on a journey to collect badge in the anime.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    The General goal of the Game is to catch every single pokemon.
    Collecting Gym-badge to be a champion is same as Defeating evil Team , Participate contest or unlock post league quest.
    It doesn't mean the main character has to go on a journey to collect badge in the anime.
    The badge quest is the specific journey the game's protagonists are on. Remove that and there is no story to them or reason for your character to go anywhere. We could probably think of a million different things for a hypothetical Pocket Monsters anime protagonist to do, but it doesn't matter because the writers are clearly committed to adapting the badge quest that's at the heart of each game. As long as they're the main storyline of the games, they'll be the main storyline of the anime - regardless of whether or not Satoshi is there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The badge quest is the specific journey the game's protagonists are on. Remove that and there is no story to them or reason for your character to go anywhere. We could probably think of a million different things for a hypothetical Pocket Monsters anime protagonist to do, but it doesn't matter because the writers are clearly committed to adapting the badge quest that's at the heart of each game. As long as they're the main storyline of the games, they'll be the main storyline of the anime - regardless of whether or not Satoshi is there.

The Badge Quest isn't protagonist specific Journey! The Protagonist's main goal is too catch every single in the game to create a national pokedex.
    Badge quest is just same as Evil Team quest !

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Never thought of it like that in a way would be more better would add alot more of a way to change the dynamics off course plus always good to change it up more for the audiences sake unless a protagonist is like more then others

Back