• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Lecture

Years
  • So there's this book I read recently called The Last Lecture about how sometimes college professors give a lecture as if it were their last before the die - yet in this case this lecture was by a professor who had terminal cancer, and it really kind of was his last lecture. (kind of because he ended up having enough time to turn his lecture into a book)

So what would you want to tell the world if you were holding a last lecture? What do you think is most important for others to know about Earth, other people, life etc.?

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
  • Well, as much as we can all share what we think is right, there really isn't anything that we know is "right." What people thought was right 1000 years ago turned out to be wrong (usually through science). We could however share what we experienced in life that didn't work. But that's not really advice either since in most things, if it didn't work for one person it doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

My last lecture would be... honest and sincere service. Do more for others and stop being so selfish. I'm not talking about big things either, big things will come naturally. I also don't mean to serve everyone, do it to those that you feel will do it also to someone else.

Back